A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account

Discus and support A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TomerGl, May 2, 2023.

1. TomerGl
    TomerGl Guest

I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and asked to switch to the account that purchased the game.

Is it a bug or a matter of account configuration?

:)

TomerGl, May 2, 2023
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Gekaufte in-Game Inhalte nicht erhalten [Purchased in-game content not received]

Hi there,

If you purchased the content on the parent account, then the DLC can only be accessed by the adult account. The only way the child account could access the DLC content is if both accounts are on the same Xbox and that the parent account has the Xbox set
    as the Home console. This will allow digital content owned or purchased from the parent account to be shared with the child account or other accounts on the same Xbox. The parent account will also need to allow access to this content for the child account
    due to the age rating of GTA 5.

Full information on the Xbox Home Console feature can be found
    here

Allowing content restricted for child accounts can be done from
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    or on the Xbox One when the child tries to access this content.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

stopping minors spending excessive amounts

An account is able to make online purchases only if it is set up as the account of a mature person since the beginning for a minor's account can't purchase online. This is something the service can't control for it's the data that the user has introduced
    which make the difference in the way the account is treated. It falls upon you as a parent to set up the minor's account and the parental control over such account.

For more info:

support.xbox.com/.../error-child-trying-to-access-settings
  4. Saeleth Win User

Remove Game from Account

Hi there,

Once a game has been purchased, it is on the account permanently, nothing can be done to remove it. That said, if it is flagged as a child account you may be able to go into parental settings to restrict access to the game so he can't play it.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your game issues.

Actually, it does not automatically grant permission to the child account under the family if you purchase games on the parent account as it does not work that way.

You can only share the games and subscription you have to the other account if you set up your account as Home Xbox to the console.

You just need to sign in to your account then set up Home Xbox and once that is set, the other account can already play.

Just log in to your account and do this:

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

To make this your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox.

Once done, it should already be shared.

For more information, please refer here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. skylaar Win User

Setting screen time for adults/parent accounts

It is my understanding that the child accounts I have setup for my kids will transfer to adult accounts when they turn 18. This means their achievements and games purchased with the child account will now be a normal adult account.

For example, I have XXX24 setup as the parent account with child accounts YYY24 and YYY25. When YYY24 turns 18 the account is now removed from being a child account attached to XXX24 and is now a standard account keeping the gamertag YYY24 and all achievements
    and digital games purchased with that account. Someday when my kid "YYY24" has their own kids it will be a parent account with new child accounts under it.

The only difference between a Parent Account and a Child Account is that one resides under the other. With the right settings, a Child Account can have the same unrestricted access as the Parent Account. My oldest child does not have any restrictions on
    their account so it really is similar to a standard account.
Thema:

1. A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account - Similar Threads - child account can't

2. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  3. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  4. I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything: I'm 19 (account created when I'm 16), my birth date on my profile is correct (xx/xx/2004). My account is an only member and organizer in family group but also a child account which make me unable...
  5. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 065732c1-8d7a-4b83-8d2a-bc1a46dfa95d
  6. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 36971e3c-cbe9-468c-9483-d99d40d319ab
  7. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and click Get, it says ask permission. Did that...
  8. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...
  9. Can't get multiplayer working on child account. (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't get multiplayer working on child account. (Minecraft): I created a brand new microsoft account for my kid so he can play on my minecraft server. I have allowed everything on his settings, including jumping his age up to let more games through. I am...
  10. Can't remove child from family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove child from family account: I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family group" it then indicates "Only the adult that...