A certain game won’t download on my Xbox but others will

Discus and support A certain game won’t download on my Xbox but others will in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to download Fortnite but it keeps saying installation stopped but when I download another game it actually downloads it so confused... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by col buck1, Dec 5, 2023.

1. col buck1
    col buck1 Guest

I have been trying to download Fortnite but it keeps saying installation stopped but when I download another game it actually downloads it so confused

:)

col buck1, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Annanda Martins Win User

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

You can try following these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait a few minutes.

Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

-Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Choose Keep Games and Apps

I also saw that changing where you will install it, solves the problem too, for example, some people bought an external drive and tried downloading it there and it worked. Also, other people changed from downloading in the Hard drive to the Internal storage and it also worked, so you can try those steps.

If nothing helps, i recommend you contact Support directly:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

You can also contact Fortnite support directly:

https://www.epicgames.com/help/fortnite-c5719335176219

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  3. Unluckytester32 Win User

Xbox One is not downloading certain games and add-ons even though I reset it multiple times, should I reset my Xbox but not save the games and apps?

All of the solutions didn’t work, my Xbox still won’t download certain games and addons
  4. BenUk_369 Win User

Xbox 360

Hi. Yes I’m using the right profile other games I’ve downloaded works fine it’s just gta 5 won’t launch unless I’m online and launch it from my download history or Xbox live
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

gameshare

Sometimes the game publisher won’t allow game sharing certain features. A DLC can sometimes be the feature that they won’t allow you to share.
  6. PutinMckawkhner Win User

Xbox not loading any apps/games

I really, really do not want to factory reset my Xbox again. Have had issues with my Xbox ever since and have lost $900+ in games and re bought $500ish in games yo continue losing them, my gold membership has been bugged, my game pass has been bugged, certain games just won’t work at all, and I do not want to have to spend another week/week and a half of downloading 84 games and 27 apps.
Thema:

1. A certain game won’t download on my Xbox but others will - Similar Threads - certain game won’t

2. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  3. Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

in XboX Insiders
    Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday: One thing about Christmas or Birthdays that always felt special was playing a brand new game on that day. I'm sure that everyone else used to enjoy getting the sensation of opening a present to...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games: I got my xbox sx in December from ab Ebay seller. Was pretty much brand new. Since I have had it on certain games the controller disconnects and reconn̈acts for no reason. Does this on Alan wake ,...
  5. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  6. Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine?: Got a new 4kuhd monitor for my series s but I think there's an upscaling issue or something since smaller hud text elements appear slightly fuzzy. For example on the Xbox home screen smaller text...
  7. Certain games on Xbox 1X won’t open and crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain games on Xbox 1X won’t open and crash: My Xbox 1X has been cant open games like Guilty gear strive and Mortal Kombat X. Other games play fine. My system is ventilated, i deleted quick resumes restarted my console and kept the games, i...
  8. Certain games on Xbox One won’t load. I get an error message about my subscription status.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain games on Xbox One won’t load. I get an error message about my subscription status.: Every time I try and load a certain game I get an error saying that I need to renew my subscription (0x803f800b) code. I have the Core subscription that is live until end of January 24. Any help...
  9. On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...: [img] Here is a picture. It happens with Far Cry and PuBG. Fortnite and other games work fine. abbf130c-cf13-4c1d-9e41-e0e5f7e4c654
  10. My game won’t install after a certain point it is the full game and is on disc what do I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t install after a certain point it is the full game and is on disc what do I do: So I bought tekken 7 not too long ago and it when it is installing it’s going fine and then it just freezes and says game stopped installing and I did every thing on the Xbox website and none of...