60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?

Discus and support 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xbox1JNPoop, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Xbox1JNPoop
    Xbox1JNPoop Guest

Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the same thing or not?

If it is the same thing then is it a Xbox Series X/S only thing or does it apply to Xbox One systems too?

60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S? [​IMG]

This is the capabilities for Ultimate Custom Night (2018) and that shows 60FPS+.

:)

Xbox1JNPoop, Mar 18, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox S

Hi Jan. My name is Kyle and I’m an independent advisor.

The store page for Red Dead Redemption 2 does not state that it supports 60fps. The game runs at 30fps on Xbox One and Series X/S consoles, FPS boost is not available for this title.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Tell me the complete list of games that support VRR in the Xbox console

4. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards compatibility only going forward on series s/x?

Hi,

Original Xbox and Xbox 360 BC for both Xbox One and Series X|S consoles has been suspended. There are no current plans to release any more older titles to these platforms.

The Series X|S consoles are fully BC with all Xbox One games (with the exception of Kinect titles) and all of the original Xbox and 360 tiles that were made BC for Xbox One. That's over 2,000 games.

The BC team are currently working on FPS boost for the Series X|S consoles. FPS boost takes certain Xbox One games that were locked at 30 or 60 fps and upping the frame rate to 60 fps (for 30 fps titles) and up to 120 fps for 60 fps games.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Far Cry 5 seems very laggy, glitchy on Xbox series x.

Hi,

Have you enabled FPS boost for this game? The default settings for Far Cry 5 runs the game at 30 fps (30 frames per second). This game has an 'FPS Boost' option that allows you to play this game at a much smoother 60fps.

• On Xbox Series X, go to My Games and Apps
    • Select Far Cry 5 and choose Manage Games & Add Ons
    • Choose Compatibility Options, then select FPS Boost
    • Enable FPS Boost for Far Cry 5
    • Launch the game.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Hi,

I believe there is some confusion between 'Optimised for Series X|S' and FPS boost. When a game is optimised for Series X|S, it means that a game update was released from the developer of that particular game to boost it's graphics and performance. Optimised games will not have an FPS boost option in compatibility settings.

The recent update to Shadow of the Tomb raider increased the game resolution to 4K (using dynamic rendering) increasing the frame rate at 4K to 60 fps. The Xbox One X version of the game only runs at 30 fps in 4K.

FPS boost is a game modification made by Microsoft's own BC team, the developer doesn't provide this boost. Some Xbox One games with FPS boost have it enabled by default, others (usually the 120Hz enabled titles) do not.

Like I said earlier, Optimised games do not have an FPS boost option as the performance has been increased by the developer.

I hope that makes sense.
Thema:

1. 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S? - Similar Threads - 60FPS+ same thing

2. Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD: I Want To Know Can I capture a 60 Min 1080 60fps video on XBOX Series X With USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD. f00c906d-d721-405d-a73e-e6a97d58e790
  3. Ubisoft neglect of Wildlands and the lack of a 60fps update

in XboX Insiders
    Ubisoft neglect of Wildlands and the lack of a 60fps update: Ubisoft needs to give Wildlands a 60fps update. They've updated most of of not all their other modern mainline games but for some reason Wildlands gets left behind. I really enjoyed the game back...
  4. Can anyone tell me if Xbox Terraria splitscreen is 60fps?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anyone tell me if Xbox Terraria splitscreen is 60fps?: It is only thing that keeps me from buying the game thanks! submitted by /u/filippalas [link] [comments]
  5. Streaming at 1080p 60fps on Console and Streaming Directly to YouTube

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming at 1080p 60fps on Console and Streaming Directly to YouTube: Hey Xbox. I have one question. How can we not stream at 1080p 60fps on an Xbox Series S/X but on a PS4, You can stream at atleast 720p 60fps. And the PS4 came out in 2014 and Can at least get...
  6. Why is there no 60fps option when live streaming from the console?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is there no 60fps option when live streaming from the console?: I'm just curious as to why this has never been a thing on the console when its possible on PS. 63485a68-85d1-4d46-9ecc-71efa3251daa
  7. 4K At 60FPS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K At 60FPS: Why are games devs saying the Series X struggles to produce 1440p at 60FPS? Devs for Valhalla say it struggles at 1440p even. How? Why? Do the devs not know the hardware? Do they not have...
  8. Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.: The game I'm trying to record runs at 144fps at 1080p very well even on integrated graphics, so I'm not sure why nothing records at more than 48fps Laptop Specifications: CPU: 12th Gen Intel...
  9. Xbox Gamebar not recording in 60fps after recent update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar not recording in 60fps after recent update: Hi, My Xbox Gamebar had updated to version 5.822.6271.0 at 30th August 2022 (GMT +8:00), and I found that it no more able to record gaming videos in 60fps even with the settings on. Kindly...
  10. Game DVR won't record in 60fps

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR won't record in 60fps: HI so i recently updated to windows 11 and my xbox gamebar is not recording in 60 fps even though i have changed the settings to 60 fps... i clearly have no idea what to do pls help me it only...