6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

Discus and support 6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few niggles but they are improving it/sorting out the issues as time goes on. I mainly got it for the games and so far I have not been disappointed.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThisParty©FitsHisFace, Apr 2, 2014.

  1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

    6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?


    A few niggles but they are improving it/sorting out the issues as time goes on.

    I mainly got it for the games and so far I have not been disappointed. It also for "me" has the better line up of games yet to be released ( from the one's that have been announced so far )

    Despite my Day One controller still making some weird creaking and cracking noises ( my second controller is fine though ) it's the best pad I've ever used, love the rumble features and it's especially good for driving games and FPS.

    Kinect has shown a lot of potential in my opinion, makes life a lot easier with the voice commands, I've enjoyed how it's already been used in some games even though I do think it needs a killer "Kinect Only" game to show it off now but early days yet.

    So overall I'm extremely happy with it, I believe in time it will go from strength to strength especially if they bring things back like .. "10 friends/family sharing" ... which is "rumoured" to be on the cards.
     
    Lofty Who, Apr 2, 2014
    #16
  2. Thanks for the replies guys.

    Good to see some are not worried about "Everything must be 1080p at 60Hz" as that has made difference to me. I play games but really wanted the One for it media capabilities.

    Hoping this TV update brings something to the UK.
     
    ThisParty©FitsHisFace, Apr 3, 2014
    #17
  3. They DO need to hurry up with BBC iPlayer. I am missing that!

    All the posts so far are pretty fair. Like mentioned earlier up there ^ now is the time for a good RPG and (free to play) MMO. I would go so far as to say I would take runescape as a ported MMO at this point lol.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Apr 3, 2014
    #18
  4. 6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

    Dunno about Runescape... that's taking things a bit far...

    I'm still disappointed they didn't do more with Defiance...
     
    MetalGearFloppy, Apr 3, 2014
    #19
  5. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    I'm surprised they are still pushing out DLC for Defiance I was tempted to jump back on it the other night but couldn't face the anguish of not remembering how to play it! I never did beat the end boss guy.
     
    John Dowding, Apr 3, 2014
    #20
  6. I suppose they're obliged to keep putting out the DLC cos of season pass holders. There can't be that many people still playing it I shouldn't imagine.

    I suppose that's a downside of season passes from a developers point of view. If interest in your game dies off but you still have to honour the DLC requirements you could end up running at a loss.
     
    MetalGearFloppy, Apr 3, 2014
    #21
  7. Ross Gaines
    Ross Gaines Guest
    In my opinion(get out of jail free card on here)there is nothing still making me want to buy X1...
     
    Ross Gaines, Apr 3, 2014
    #22
  8. 6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

    Ross Gaines = Take it you have used you get out of jail free card now ;-)
     
    ThisParty©FitsHisFace, Apr 3, 2014
    #23
  9. Reidzer N7
    Reidzer N7 Guest
    I am enjoying my Xbox One so far.

    I have played all the games I want to so I am eagerly awaiting more but thats not the consoles fault.

    Microsoft seem to be doing a good job on adding features, the last couple of updates have been quite good. I would like to see more on the DVR front, sharing clips to Twitter and Facebook would be cool and the ability to snap a screenshot would be ace.

    Overall though I am quietly content with Xbox One so far.
     
    Reidzer N7, Apr 4, 2014
    #24
  10. Lol Runescape was taking it a bit far 6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far? :D

    That tutorial will forever be in my head...
     
    Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
    #25
  11. MetalGearFloppy Win User

    6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

    I suppose they're obliged to keep putting out the DLC cos of season pass holders. There can't be that many people still playing it I shouldn't imagine.

    I suppose that's a downside of season passes from a developers point of view. If interest in your game dies off but you still have to honour the DLC requirements you could end up running at a loss.
  12. MetalGearFloppy Win User

    6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

    Dunno about Runescape... that's taking things a bit far...

    I'm still disappointed they didn't do more with Defiance...
  13. Mark Sherwood Win User

    6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

    They DO need to hurry up with BBC iPlayer. I am missing that!

    All the posts so far are pretty fair. Like mentioned earlier up there ^ now is the time for a good RPG and (free to play) MMO. I would go so far as to say I would take runescape as a ported MMO at this point lol.
  14. Flaming Pingu Win User

    6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

    Yeah I'm happy with it just wish there were a few more different types of games, like the sims 4, fallout 4 and battle for middle earth 3, only problem I got is the price of games as I'm not patient enough to wait lol
  15. SirSkunkalot Win User

    6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

    Loving it!

    just got the live tv update and the new smartglass beta app

    Things just getting better and better

    Bring it on xbox one
Thema:

6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far?

Loading...
  1. 6 Months into Xbox One - What do you think so far? - Similar Threads - Months far

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. been an omega ring member for almost a month now, no update at all. plz help!!

    in XboX Insiders
    been an omega ring member for almost a month now, no update at all. plz help!!: hello! I found out about the xbox insider program that was available for everyone, so I joined the omega ring when the new boot screen came out, even though 4 2606 updates was released for omega...
  4. Is xbox game pass still a good value if you play only a few games a month?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is xbox game pass still a good value if you play only a few games a month?: I rotate through a couple of mid-size games each month on Series X and sometimes PC. I’m weighing xbox game pass against just buying the few games I know I’ll finish. With the new tiers, Premium...
  5. Xbox will not work ever in the last months!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will not work ever in the last months!!!: Microsoft Store isn't working, gamepass renew subscription isn't working, can't renew it, it's not my internet because it was working for years until all of a sudden it did this, I'm stressed and...
  6. 1 month game pass ultimate UK KEY

    in XboX Insiders
    1 month game pass ultimate UK KEY: Hi i have 12 months essential and want to expand it to ultimate, i have mistakenly bought wrong region key i would happy to trade it for same game pass ultimate key but for japan ( i think it's a...
  7. Could anyone please help me with a free month code ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Could anyone please help me with a free month code ?: My girl friend just finally got her Xbox back from Her brother and I wanted to show her the new battle field royal rumble. And I know because I’ve had em before that people sometimes have free...
  8. Game Pass monthly 8-pack My Rewards tracking issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass monthly 8-pack My Rewards tracking issue: Been an issue for over a week now where it is not tracking any new games for this specific section of My Rewards. Like currently played The Outer Worlds and Age of Empires 2 and get both...
  9. What would you do with over one thousand dollars in extra monthly income?

    in XboX Insiders
    What would you do with over one thousand dollars in extra monthly income?: I know what I’d do, sleep a lot better at night. How about you? submitted by /u/Pluarius [link] [comments]
  10. a few months ago i bought astroneer but i never had a chance to play it i want to try it...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    a few months ago i bought astroneer but i never had a chance to play it i want to try it...: [img] a few months ago i bought astroneer but i never had a chance to play it i want to try it right now but i cant find it in my library ( i attached my receipt) please help me i really want to...