5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One?

Discus and support 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; And besides still wondering why my external hard drive does not work when connected to my usb hub , are you sure there are 3 usb ports on the back i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KOX KingOfXbox4, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One?

And besides still wondering why my external hard drive does not work when connected to my usb hub , are you sure there are 3 usb ports on the back i thought there was only 2?

KOX KingOfXbox4, Jun 25, 2014
  2. All usb ports are 3.0 on Xbox one two at rear one at the side

GrowlingYapper, Jun 25, 2014
  3. i am currently using a seagate 2tb drive formatted to NTFS and i am still getting this message of it needing to be 256G or more and USB 3.0. the drive is 2 tb, last i checked that is larger than 256G and the connection is USB 3.0. any suggestion to help
    me get it working? also last i checked USB connectors that are 3.0 usually have a blue piece. please correct me if i am wrong in assuming this means its 3.0.

MasterGrunt1170, Aug 13, 2014
  4. 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One?

Hey there, Mr Grunt! This thread is a little old, and doesn't seem to be related to your issue exactly. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing your issue, the error messages you're getting, and any troubleshooting you've already done. This way
    we can get you the individual help that works best on the forums. 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One? :D

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  5. xxxDUNKaTRONxxx Win User

External Hard Drive not access content

Pretty sure it was the update. I have two 5tb hard drives and my xbox one x and both xbox one s don't recognize the hard drives now.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Mr Grunt! This thread is a little old, and doesn't seem to be related to your issue exactly. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing your issue, the error messages you're getting, and any troubleshooting you've already done. This way
    we can get you the individual help that works best on the forums. :D
  7. MasterGrunt1170 Win User

i am currently using a seagate 2tb drive formatted to NTFS and i am still getting this message of it needing to be 256G or more and USB 3.0. the drive is 2 tb, last i checked that is larger than 256G and the connection is USB 3.0. any suggestion to help
    me get it working? also last i checked USB connectors that are 3.0 usually have a blue piece. please correct me if i am wrong in assuming this means its 3.0.
  8. KOX KingOfXbox4 Win User

My Hub I believe is 2.0 , when I plug into hub the 5tb hard drive does not work when i plug directly into xbox one usb slot it works , just wondering why?

Do they make usb 3.0 hubs?
  9. maxen Win User

[quote user="KOX KingOfXbox4"]

What do you mean a max of 16gb per hard drive , I thought there was no max ?

And you can have up to 2 external hard drives plugged in at the same time?

[/quote]

Apologies. There is a maximum, but I made a tiny little typo that radically changed the meaning of my sentence. It's supposed to say the maximum is 16TB, not GB. Oops. Sorry for the confusion. The minimum is still 256GB though, on a USB 3.0 drive.

And yes, up to two drives plugged in at the same time, meaning the absolute maximum storage is 2 times 16TB external hard drives plus the internal HDD's 500GB, so 32.5TB.
Thema:

1. 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One? - Similar Threads - 5TB Hard Drive

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  4. Can you use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card along with an WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive on a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card along with an WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive on a...: I want to use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card and WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive for Xbox on the Xbox series X. Can this be done? Pilar 9a4900fa-7eb7-41d1-9aca-6b78fbe76152
  5. My 5tb external hard drive stopped working on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 5tb external hard drive stopped working on my xbox one: Hello, I need help...for some reason my 5tb stopped being recognized by my xbox one. These are the things I tried but still no luck. (my hard drive meets requirements, its 3.0 usb hard drive and...
  6. Is the Limited edition Gears 5 Razer Turret and 5TB HDD available in the UK?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Limited edition Gears 5 Razer Turret and 5TB HDD available in the UK?: Hello everyone, As the title says I'm wondering if/when the Limited Edition Gears 5 Razer Turret for Xbox One and the Gears 5 Seagate 5TB hard drive will be available to purchase in the UK?...
  7. Xbox One X (2-5tb HDD/1-2tb SSD)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (2-5tb HDD/1-2tb SSD): I know it has been said by so many fans at this point but I feel like it has fallen on deaf ears so I want to say it again. The Xbox One X needs a larger I'm out of space be it a larger hard drive...
  8. my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox: hey wondering if anyone could help me out i have a 5TB seagate back up plus hard drive ive been using for about 3 years now and today i turned my xbox on and it wont come up and it had alot of my...
  9. my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox: hey wondering if anyone could help me out i have a 5TB seagate back up plus hard drive ive been using for about 3 years now and today i turned my xbox on and it wont come up and it had alot of my...
  10. My Seagate 5tb expansion desktop will not stay connected to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Seagate 5tb expansion desktop will not stay connected to my Xbox one: I have a Seagate 5tb expansion desktop HDD. I formatted it to my Xbox one as a media device so I could save and play my games on it. I had a connectivity issue so I bought a new usb 3.0 cable and...