5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One?

Discus and support 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I buy this 5 TB hard drive for my xbox one -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KOX KingOfXbox4, Jun 9, 2014.

1. xJoshPointOh
    xJoshPointOh Guest
    Xbox One External HD

Hello,

So I have a 3TB External Hard Drive currently hooked up to my Xbox One with a 5TB External Hard Drive waiting to take its play when it gets full. However I am currently running out of space, so it is finally time to switch to the 5TB External Hard Drive.
    How do I transfer all the data from my 3TB External Hard Drive to the replacement 5TB External Hard Drive?

xJoshPointOh, Jun 9, 2014
  2. JunkieGamer
    JunkieGamer Guest
    hard drives

So i just bought a 5tb backup plus hard drive. So i was wounding will this work on the xbox one. and save my games and stuff.

JunkieGamer, Jun 9, 2014
  3. 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One?

Hello!

It should work - as long as it is larger than 256GB and has a USB 3.0 port.

"It couldn’t be easier to increase your storage capacity of games and apps with the external storage support features we’re bringing in June. Your Xbox One system will soon support up to two external hard drives at once. Simply plug in your 256 GB or
    larger USB 3.0 external hard drive and once formatted, copy and move games, apps and game add-ons to increase your storage capacity at home."

Reference: External Storage, Real Names and More Coming with Xbox One System Update in June - Xbox Wire

Mise-3B495DBA-E6A6-4864-8E2E-7781690EB0AD, Jun 9, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest
    It should work as long as it connects via the USB 3.0 interface, not sure how the dual interface plays out.

To answer the other question, there is a maximum size - 16GB per drive, with a maximum of two drives connected simultaneously.

However, be aware that the extra software features on that drive (protect, save, share, etc) will almost certainly be lost as you will need to completely reformat the drive when you connect it to your console.

maxen, Jun 9, 2014
  5. What do you mean a max of 16gb per hard drive , I thought there was no max ?

And you can have up to 2 external hard drives plugged in at the same time?

KOX KingOfXbox4, Jun 10, 2014
  6. Rjcrane
    Rjcrane Guest
    Hi KOK KingOfXbox4,

Yes two external hard drives can be plugged and managed at the same time as long as they have a USB3 connection and the HDD capacity is over 256GB. The high the data transfer rate, the better the performance you'll have playing a game from the HDD. I have
    checked the drive your looking at purchasing and this should suffice and perform well.

Rjcrane, Jun 10, 2014
  7. Mr Meowgatu
    Mr Meowgatu Guest

There is no max limit of 16gb, that's completely wrong. I'm currently using a 2TB hard drive and have 2.2TB of free space, the limit is 2 drives and it has to be USB 3.0 for data transfer speeds.

Mr Meowgatu, Jun 10, 2014
  8. maxen
    maxen Guest
    [quote user="KOX KingOfXbox4"]

What do you mean a max of 16gb per hard drive , I thought there was no max ?

And you can have up to 2 external hard drives plugged in at the same time?

[/quote]

Apologies. There is a maximum, but I made a tiny little typo that radically changed the meaning of my sentence. It's supposed to say the maximum is 16TB, not GB. Oops. Sorry for the confusion. The minimum is still 256GB though, on a USB 3.0 drive.

And yes, up to two drives plugged in at the same time, meaning the absolute maximum storage is 2 times 16TB external hard drives plus the internal HDD's 500GB, so 32.5TB.

maxen, Jun 10, 2014
  9. Ok thank you everybody since the hard drive I linked earlier seem to be a good fit I will most likely purchase soon.

KOX KingOfXbox4, Jun 10, 2014
  10. Hey I bought that 5TB hard drive it works when i plug it directly into the back of my xbox one but when i plug it into my usb hub does not work. could the problem be my usb hub is 2.0 and my hardrive is 3.0 ? would that cause it not to work?

KOX KingOfXbox4, Jun 25, 2014
  11. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    The 16GB max limit was on the Xbox 360, this doesn't apply to the Xbox One.

KingOfXbox4, the HUB is possibly only USB 2.0 compatible, which HUB did you get? As your Xbox One has three USB 3.0 ports do you have to have your HDD route through the hub?

Bazajaytee, Jun 25, 2014
  12. 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One?

My Hub I believe is 2.0 , when I plug into hub the 5tb hard drive does not work when i plug directly into xbox one usb slot it works , just wondering why?

Do they make usb 3.0 hubs?

KOX KingOfXbox4, Jun 25, 2014
  13. Yes you can get them on amazon

GrowlingYapper, Jun 25, 2014
  14. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    Bazajaytee, Jun 25, 2014
Thema:

1. 5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One? - Similar Threads - 5TB Hard Drive

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  4. Can you use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card along with an WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive on a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card along with an WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive on a...: I want to use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card and WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive for Xbox on the Xbox series X. Can this be done? Pilar 9a4900fa-7eb7-41d1-9aca-6b78fbe76152
  5. My 5tb external hard drive stopped working on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 5tb external hard drive stopped working on my xbox one: Hello, I need help...for some reason my 5tb stopped being recognized by my xbox one. These are the things I tried but still no luck. (my hard drive meets requirements, its 3.0 usb hard drive and...
  6. Is the Limited edition Gears 5 Razer Turret and 5TB HDD available in the UK?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Limited edition Gears 5 Razer Turret and 5TB HDD available in the UK?: Hello everyone, As the title says I'm wondering if/when the Limited Edition Gears 5 Razer Turret for Xbox One and the Gears 5 Seagate 5TB hard drive will be available to purchase in the UK?...
  7. Xbox One X (2-5tb HDD/1-2tb SSD)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (2-5tb HDD/1-2tb SSD): I know it has been said by so many fans at this point but I feel like it has fallen on deaf ears so I want to say it again. The Xbox One X needs a larger I'm out of space be it a larger hard drive...
  8. my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox: hey wondering if anyone could help me out i have a 5TB seagate back up plus hard drive ive been using for about 3 years now and today i turned my xbox on and it wont come up and it had alot of my...
  9. my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    my seagate 5TB hard drive wont appear on my xbox: hey wondering if anyone could help me out i have a 5TB seagate back up plus hard drive ive been using for about 3 years now and today i turned my xbox on and it wont come up and it had alot of my...
  10. My Seagate 5tb expansion desktop will not stay connected to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Seagate 5tb expansion desktop will not stay connected to my Xbox one: I have a Seagate 5tb expansion desktop HDD. I formatted it to my Xbox one as a media device so I could save and play my games on it. I had a connectivity issue so I bought a new usb 3.0 cable and...