£50 Standard Xbox controller works flawlessly/£170 Scuf Instinct doesn't!

Discus and support £50 Standard Xbox controller works flawlessly/£170 Scuf Instinct doesn't! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I noticed that when I plug in the Scuf Instinct via USB into my pc it works, but if I try to later connect it via the Xbox wireless dongle it doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by it's ok thnx �, Oct 23, 2023.

1. £50 Standard Xbox controller works flawlessly/£170 Scuf Instinct doesn't!

I noticed that when I plug in the Scuf Instinct via USB into my pc it works, but if I try to later connect it via the Xbox wireless dongle it doesn't work with USB - so vice versa.

This I believe is due to driver conflict issues. In order to get it to turn back on via a USB connection, I have to unplug it from the pc, go into device manager and delete all the Xbox related drivers, and the restart the pc and re-plug the controller back in to allow the drivers to be automatically re-installed by Windows. Only then will it start up again over USB.

So it's probably pointless to try to re-connect via wifi dongle because then otherwise I can't recharge the play and charge battery inside it.

So I'm using this controller at present as a wired one only.

Anyone have any idea how I can make this controller work properly so I can use it either wirelessly or plugged in without having to mess about with the drivers?

Btw, I plugged it in and updated the firmware via the Xbox Acccessories app already.

The standard Xbox controller does not have this issue. I just find the Scuf is a bit better to play with imo.

:)

it's ok thnx �, Oct 23, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

When did you contact Scuf? It may take a few business days to hear back from them.

If you'd like a refund, I'd recommend contacting Amazon.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Have you got in touch with Scuf regarding this? As it's an issue concerning their hardware they would probably be more equipped to assist you with this.

You can visit their support page here: https://customercare.scufgaming.com/hc/categories/360003916671

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Dear, I invite you to factory reset your console.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information.
    Select Reset console.
    On the screen

Reset the console? you will see three options1:

Reset and remove everything: This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, and primary Xbox associations, as well as all games and apps, will be deleted1.

Reset and keep my games and apps:

Use this option as your primary choice for troubleshooting. Reset the OS and remove all potentially corrupted data without deleting your apps or games

Cancel:

To exit this screen, simply select the Cancel button. Up to this point no action has been taken. This is a safe way to exit this screen
  5. it's ok thnx 📎 Win User

Hi David,

1. There are no native drivers yet available for this device on their website.

2. As I mentioned, I have already uninstalled all drivers from Device Manager and only allowed the Scuf drivers to auto-install when I plug in via USB having restarted the pc. I have not allowed auto-installation of the standard Xbox controller drivers (because I have not plugged that in). Having tried to install the Xbox wireless adaptor and connect the Scuf afterwards - this disconnects the previously working USB connection of the Scuf and makes it unusable when plugged in (it will not power on). I have to go through the cycle of uninstalling the drivers, restarting the pc and reconnecting the Scuf via USB cable to make it work again via the cable (which I need to do to charge the thing up). This now renders the Xbox wireless adaptor's Bluetooth connection not working!

3. I checked a Reddit page concerning Xbox wireless adaptor compatibility with the Scuf Instinct and it seems to be compatible. (It does work that way if I don't plug the controller in via USB and allow those particular drivers to auto-install).

Despite all these checks the issue previously mentioned persists.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Hello It's O, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Connectivity and drivers can be a challenge when using third-party drivers with specific devices and operating systems.

Here are some suggestions that might help you resolve compatibility issues and allow your Scuf Instinct controller to work properly:

Update drivers. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Scuf Instinct controller. Visit the official Scuf Gaming website and download the most up-to-date drivers for your specific model. Updating drivers can fix compatibility issues and improve functionality.

Reinstall Xbox Controllers If you have made several connections and changes between the Scuf Instinct controller and the standard Xbox controller, there may have been conflicts in the drivers installed on your PC. I would recommend uninstalling all Xbox-related drivers from Device Manager and then reconnecting your Scuf Instinct controller to allow Windows to automatically reinstall the appropriate drivers.

Check wireless compatibility Make sure the Scuf Instinct controller supports wireless connection via the Xbox dongle on your PC. Check the documentation or the official Scuf Gaming website to confirm if your controller supports this form of wireless connection.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. £50 Standard Xbox controller works flawlessly/£170 Scuf Instinct doesn't! - Similar Threads - £50 Standard controller

2. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  3. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8
  4. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?: Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my...
  5. Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled Xbox one X help

in XBoX on Windows
    Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled Xbox one X help: Today I bought my son a Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled. But trying to play the Xbox one X on it the screen has like a weird blurry line going through it when moving up and down on the home screen...
  6. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  7. $50 dollar refund got approved still haven’t gotten anything the last 4 days

in XBoX on Windows
    $50 dollar refund got approved still haven’t gotten anything the last 4 days: $50 dollar refund got approved still haven’t gotten anything the last 4 days c0f10618-5965-4936-b992-db3d602de59d
  8. Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...: I'm pretty sure i just started having problems with my CPU performance a few weeks ago. Whenever i started up more CPU intensive games like Fortnite or Minecraft, my FPS just tops out at roughly...
  9. So I bought this $50 Madden 5850 points from target and it said it was on the receipt I put...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought this $50 Madden 5850 points from target and it said it was on the receipt I put...: please help I bought this 5850 Madden points at target for $50 and they said the code would be on the receipt I put the whole thing in and it’s not working fd8a91f4-5e09-4128-9442-832e1d4a799e
  10. When do I get the $50 gift card with the credit card?

in XboX Insiders
    When do I get the $50 gift card with the credit card?: I made a purchase in the store with it like it says to, but haven’t seen or received anything. submitted by /u/GreatWhitePimp [link] [comments]