5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One

Discus and support 5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have connected my Xbox One to my reciever with an optical Cable, when playing Blue-Rays I have full surround with both DTS and DD. But when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LisaHugo-285FEA4A-124F-4DC8-9608-6E1BDBFA8BAD, Sep 24, 2014.

1. 5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One

Hi, I have connected my Xbox One to my reciever with an optical Cable, when playing Blue-Rays I have full surround with both DTS and DD.

But when playing games I only have 2.0 sound... I have tried every setting in the menus (My reciever is old and dont do sound with HDMI) When I change settings in my Xbox Onw the reciver notices that the signal is DTS or DD but the sound from the games is
    only 2.0 and not 5.1

What has Xbox done with the sound signal? Clearly it could work when I can play Blue-Rays...

Please comment on this, is this a bug? will there be an update?

Thanks

Joakim

:)

LisaHugo-285FEA4A-124F-4DC8-9608-6E1BDBFA8BAD, Sep 24, 2014
  2. crUSAder650
    crUSAder650 Guest
    Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

I did change to Bistream, then two choices are DTS surround sound and Dolby Digital.

My Xbox 360 and PS4 have sound option which offers Dolby Digital 5.1, whereas XBox One doesn't. Based on that, makes me think it still doesn't process in 5.1 for DD.

crUSAder650, Sep 24, 2014
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games not outputting 7.1 audio from HDMI

Hey there,

The Xbox 360 console doesn't support 7.1 surround, only 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS. Due to this, it is normal that backward compatible games are outputting 5.1 surround. On your Xbox 360 setup, it sounds you have it set up with Pro Logic IIx to simulate 7.1
    surround sound, but the Xbox 360 console doesn't support true 7.1 surround sound.

Hope this helps clear it up.

Mister Beep, Sep 24, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

I have a similar setup and everything is working fine. Which games have you tried for DTS sound?

Try to make a system cache reset and check if this may help. Hold the powerbutton for about 15 seconds and keep it holding even when the one turns off after some seconds. Wait for the power supply to change the color to orange and then restart the console.

BobMcFly247, Sep 24, 2014
  5. Hi and thanks for answering, I have tested Dance central and Forza5. Ok, will try to do a reset.

LisaHugo-285FEA4A-124F-4DC8-9608-6E1BDBFA8BAD, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games not outputting 7.1 audio from HDMI

Hey there,

The Xbox 360 console doesn't support 7.1 surround, only 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS. Due to this, it is normal that backward compatible games are outputting 5.1 surround. On your Xbox 360 setup, it sounds you have it set up with Pro Logic IIx to simulate 7.1
    surround sound, but the Xbox 360 console doesn't support true 7.1 surround sound.

Hope this helps clear it up.
  7. crUSAder650 Win User

Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

I did change to Bistream, then two choices are DTS surround sound and Dolby Digital.

My Xbox 360 and PS4 have sound option which offers Dolby Digital 5.1, whereas XBox One doesn't. Based on that, makes me think it still doesn't process in 5.1 for DD.
  8. Remedy OmG Win User

Center Speaker (No Audio)

Also check the Xbox One settings because there are sound settings in there to make it 5.1 surround sound.
  9. GregS76 Win User

Xbox Dolby Digital support

Unbelievably, the xbox one currently does not support Dolby digital 5.1 or 7.1. There is a Beta setting for surround sound in settings but that doesn't work for me. I get no audio from my center channel. An update is supposedly coming. Thoroughly disappointed.
  10. Arrtem1a Win User

Xbox One 5.1 Surround not working properly

ok, never mind I got it to work.

apparantly when using HDMI ARC the digital input is automatically turned off. once I turned the ARC off in the home cinema menu I got it to work connecting the optical cable directly into the home cinema system.

it seems that only an mpeg bitstream is not supported.
Thema:

1. 5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Surround Sound Doesn't

2. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  3. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  4. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  5. How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S: I’m trying to get my Series S to work on my 5.1 surround sound system and not having any luck. This set of instructions...
  6. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  7. How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?: Toshiba TV Series X Yamaha receiver I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI out). It was working perfectly fine, I was...
  8. Lost audio all of a sudden on DTX Surround Sound.

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost audio all of a sudden on DTX Surround Sound.: So I was using my Xbox series s with my Vizio 4k tv that supports DTX Surround Sound and all of a sudden it stopped working. The only way it works is if I'm in the settings for the audio. After I...
  9. Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work.: I am having an issue with the new media player while streaming videos from my Synology NAS via my Xbox One, videos play fine however the sound which I feed from the Xbox One into my NAD T758...
  10. 5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One: So I have my Xbox One setup to use 5.1 surround sound since I have surround sound system. All other HDMI devices, DirecTV, Apple TV and Blu-Ray Player all hook into my LG TV via HDMI. The TV is...