4TB hard drive for xbox 360 Western Digital Passport

Discus and support 4TB hard drive for xbox 360 Western Digital Passport in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings, It seems that when you place a 4TB USB external Western Digital Passport on an XBox 360 model - it seems to not be able to access the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jdev789, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Jdev789
    Jdev789 Guest

Greetings,

It seems that when you place a 4TB USB external Western Digital Passport on an XBox 360 model - it seems to not be able to access the drive. It only states in the storage devices as - unformatted. I formatted the drive using exFAT and the partition was 128
    GB in size. I have tried other sizes but I was unable to have the Xbox 360 to see the partition.

I also deleted all partitions and MBRs - basically a totally blank drive using windows 10's disk manager on the command line as an administrator. I ensured no EFI partitions were present and still the XBox 360 will only show 'unformatted' on the storage
    device screen.

Question - what is the exFAT partition limitation for the XBox 360 and is there a way to have the xBox360 see the USB external drive to format it? Pitty there is no command line or tools on the xBox360.

thanks,

JD

:)

Jdev789, Dec 23, 2020
  2. matthewiag Win User

External Hard Drives on XBOX ONE: system update causing failure?

I have been running a 4TB Western Digital Passport for a few years and not had any issues.
  3. B1gC0untryDad81 Win User

Storage Alternatives for XBOX versus internal drive

For myself I had gone with Western Digital for the same process as far as having external storage. I started with a 4TB Western Digital Passport and this past year had gotten A 8TB western Digital Passport all from Amazon and a great price. Even sent one
    to my Xbox best friend this past Xmas as he did not have the storage to play the games I had. Honestly the only thing that should use the INTERNAL drive would be the data profile to start the game or some of the crucial data it says it needs in order to play
    it. However all my games are always on a external drive in case the system does crash.
  4. Azrael008uk Win User

What are the best xbox one compatible external hard drives for less than $100.00?

You said under $100.00 but this is a steal at $116.00:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

Western Digital, 4TB External HD.

I have the Seagate 4TB which is the same one Major Nelson was using when they came out but a friend who works in IT says Western Digital is the best make to go for.
  5. D filthy sloth Win User

Xbox One doesn't recognize external HDD anymore.

Await Damnation i have a seagate 2TB expansion hard drive, cost 90euro, got it from PC world and i havent had any trouble with it, a friend of mine uses a western digital my passport 2TB hard drive and he has no problems with it, i also have a 1TB version
    of the passport and i did have a few issues with it but after the last update its worked perfect with xbox aswell, i dont know about any other brands but i would recommend either seagate or western digital hard drives as they seem to work well with the xbox
  6. EBROBOT90 Win User

Compatible External Hard Drives For Xbox One

One last question. Which version of the Western Digital hard drives did you guys get? There is the My Cloud. The My Book. The My Passport. Or something else?
Thema:

1. 4TB hard drive for xbox 360 Western Digital Passport - Similar Threads - 4TB hard drive

2. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  3. WD 4TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive, Black - WDBPKJ0040BBK-WEWM

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WD 4TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive, Black - WDBPKJ0040BBK-WEWM: I have a problem with my Xbox Series S console that every time I try to connect my external drive it does not end satisfactorily, always the same problem. I have already tried another one that I...
  4. My seagate 4tb hard drive isn't reading on pc and xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My seagate 4tb hard drive isn't reading on pc and xbox series X?: Hello! I was playing shadow of war and then halo last night, suddenly halo crashed I then restart the console. I went to turn back on the game and it said I had to install it, realising my...
  5. Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected: So My xbox would say that the usb connection is too weak use a different port and my usual method didnt work so I ordered a new chord once it was delivered I set up my system and it worked and...
  6. 4tb Seagate Hard Drive not Working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    4tb Seagate Hard Drive not Working?: around 3 years ago my 4 tb hard drive stopped working after only owning it for around a year. I found the cord to the hard drive today and ive been trying to get it to work but when i plug it into...
  7. Xbox One S,Seagate Xbox 4tb External hard drive light stays on 10seconds off 50seconds when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S,Seagate Xbox 4tb External hard drive light stays on 10seconds off 50seconds when...: Hi all,Is this normal? When my Xbox one S is shut down,my Seagate Xbox 4tb hard drive light stays on 10seconds,then off 50 seconds. I have tried instant on,updates on or off,shut external hdd...
  8. 4tb seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    4tb seagate external hard drive: My Xbox one s does not detect my 4 tb seagate external hard drive. I have so many games on it. I have tried to hard reset and nothing seems to work. The seagate hard drive normally blinks on and...
  9. External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1: Hi Everyone Please can someone Help . i have an External Hard Drive for my X Box . its a Seagate 4 TB unit , ive had it well over a Year and it has at least one Game on it but i carnt seem to...
  10. Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop Hard Drive: Hi, Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop Hard Drive STEB4000300 Has anyone used this? This one needs external power supply (from the wall). It is not the portable type. Please let me know if it'll...