4k monitor or a 4k TV budget friendly thank you

Discus and support 4k monitor or a 4k TV budget friendly thank you in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Dear Xbox community hi there I'm new to this console community I plan on getting a next gen console and I was wondering what do you suggest a 4k... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Josephatkins1, Jul 12, 2022.

1. 4k monitor or a 4k TV budget friendly thank you

Dear Xbox community hi there I'm new to this console community I plan on getting a next gen console and I was wondering what do you suggest a 4k monitor or a 4k TV budget friendly and also has anyone ever used developer mode to make games for Xbox? I am so excited to join you all

:)

Josephatkins1, Jul 12, 2022
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

If it's only just for use with the Series X, I would opt for a TV, A 4K true 120Hz TV...

This would be the 4K TV, I would personally go for at a minimum, If pairing with the Xbox Series X...

Amazon.co.uk - LG C1 - 4K - 120Hz TV - There is the newer LG C2 model but it would cost more.

With a 4K monitor, you'd really need to get one that has HDMI 2.1 ports for it to work flawlessly with the Series X, Though that would mean it'll be a 4K 144Hz monitor,

With the Xbox Series X only being able to output a maximum of 120Hz, A 144Hz monitor can be a bit of a waste due to not using the monitor full potential, unless it also being used with a high end 4K high refresh rate gaming PC, never the less it will still give you 4K at 120Hz...

This would be the 4K monitor, I would personally go for at a minimum, If pairing with the Xbox Series X...

Amazon.co.uk - Gigabyte M32U - 4K - 144Hz Monitor

I personally use a LG 27GP950 4K 144Hz monitor with the Series X, But i also use it with my high refresh rate 4K gaming PC.

Not knowing your budget, The TV and Monitor i linked, I wouldn't go for anything less personally, without compromising the gaming experience too much.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

200 to 500
    I'm assuming you're talking US dollars? (I'm British)

Let me point out that $500 will likely only buy you an okay 4K TV, not a great TV. Any TV you buy for just $500 won't have 120Hz or the VRR support that these new consoles can provide. Most $500 monitors can support these technologies though.
  4. itsonlyacomputa Win User

So you need 4K.

You need to know a few thing about t.v. and xbox framerate and other things most people take for granted when buying technology.

Firstly you need to map measure the distance you sit from the screen when you play. This will determine the size of screen you really need. When sitting - your angle of vision is very narrow. At approx 5-6 mtrs you need a 65" t.v. At a closer range of 2-3mtrs you need a 42" screen. Check your size carefully.

Secondly a cheap 4k tv has some iussues you wont like but i'm going to tell you anyway because you might be able to wrangle a deal if you go looking for a soecific unit with some of these things.

Faster framerate means higher cost. You need at least 128Mhz but preferably 200Mhz. The higher that number the faster your framerate. 128 is the absolute minimum for Series X or S in 4K as it will show you on screen the pixelating breakdoiwn if its around 100Mhz. That's not going to be nice to look at or pleasant gaming for your eyes.

Next you look at the processor speed of the t.v. thats not framerate. Its the detail in pixelation change when playing a high end video or doing very fast game play. This is usually the expensive part of your t.v. and it determines the color balance, hue, tone ratio's and the bloom with anti-aliasing. Very complex technologies you pay a high price to use/own/view as this is a reliable benchmark of quality in t.v. build tech globally but is not nice to your creditcard.

Another really obvious problem in cheap nasty t.v's is your sound output even struggles to matchup with a good Sound system or Soundboard as the chipset on the t.v. is garbage. It wont give you equivalent sonud quality either in 5.1 or 7.2 surround cinematic Dolby quality so dont expect this in the rubbish units you see on ebay or something you think is good but look vcery closely at the SPECIFICATIONS, some of which are fake on nasty ebay sites.

The minimum is above for quality 4K. You decide what you want to omit and live with that exclusion. Nobody cares what you exclude. Its your experience.

Last but not least is how much are you willing to spend in offsetting some capabilities. In context of 4K Dolby, there are no offsets really. Reducing your quality on 4K is like not buying 4k as you just reduced the quilty back a generation or decade in omiting quality you should pay to experience.

Your answer is to find the optimum t.v., to look for ones which offer similar sets of values on a midrange end 4K model but hold a marginally better price, noting the specification must match quality always. Sometimes you can be lucky online buying a t.v. which is marked down due to it being a display model or its features are being updated in a new series release and the old one is not neccessarily obsolete but it is classed as clearing stock for newer units. Look around and find a bargain. They do exist.

The cheapest option is cheap but it does not serve in gaming on Xbox or gaming general anywhere. It's inferior and nasty so stay clear of cheap name, Asian no-name t.v's of which you get a whole lot of mixed technology but lacks the reality you seek. Expect to pay about half price for a good 4K t.v. on sale when that becomes available, you need to be looking all the time to get that result because there are few of these in a very hot market.

But in buying a 4K 65" 128Mhz Dolby 5.1 or equivalent plus the inputs of Optical and multiiple HDMI slots and other inputs you want in your media system with some extra UBS t.v./audio recording slots you could easily pay $1000.usd. on sale reduced from $1800.usd.

Smaller screen sizes are cheaper but only marginally so knock off about 20% for 42".
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

It's going to be hard to recommend either a TV or a monitor that's 'budget friendly' without a budget to work with. How much are you willing to spend?
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Monitors and tv

Its depends on how much room / space and budget one has,

for an Xbox One X,

Ideally its worth getting a 4K screen, for a TV i would say anything beyond 32", and a Monitor, anything beyond 27",

I myself have a Samsung 50" 4K HDR TV, and a Asus 27" 4K Monitor,

I use my TV for 4K movies and the Monitor for 4K gaming on.
Thema:

1. 4k monitor or a 4k TV budget friendly thank you - Similar Threads - monitor budget friendly

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  5. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz: I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz alot of people are saying its because its actually 119.88 or whatever but my monitor works when its 1080p 120hz so i dont get how...
  6. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  7. Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...: i just want to know if i can have my cousins monitor transfer whats going on on his screen to mine using a doouble sided vga cable a77495bc-7272-4995-90d1-fbd54e9775ff
  8. How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?: All of the cables are plugged in and the xbox turns on and allows controllers to connect to it. we've already tried changing cables and that doesn't work. it just does not display to my monitor...
  9. How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?: Ive been using my memory on how the xbox menu looks to navigate it, but ive been having trouble connecting the app to the console. It's just stuck on the "Turn on your console and sign in with...
  10. Can you suggest me a tested budget monitor for an Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you suggest me a tested budget monitor for an Xbox Series S?: Hey guys I know this question has been asked around a lot, but after countless Google searches and clicking result after result, I figured I should ask you in this forum. I just got an Xbox Series...