4K GameDVR clips saved to USB 3.0 won’t show on PC

Discus and support 4K GameDVR clips saved to USB 3.0 won’t show on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’ve been using a USB 3.0 thumb drive to record several 4K clips (30 seconds each) on my Xbox. Everything was formatted properly and I can view the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by XKainx, Feb 9, 2022.

1. XKainx
    XKainx Guest

I’ve been using a USB 3.0 thumb drive to record several 4K clips (30 seconds each) on my Xbox. Everything was formatted properly and I can view the clips on my Xbox just fine.

When plug the USB drive into my Win10 pc to transfer my clips, I am unable to find them. The ONLY thing on the drive is a single file called “Gamedvr”. It’s about 5gbs and has no file extension. There are no folders or anything else.

What’s going on?

:)

XKainx, Feb 9, 2022
  2. JosemberG N Win User

How to recording 1080p60 on Xbox One S?

Olá, creio que da para grava usando um HD externo de usb 3.0 ou entao usar a plataforma gamedvr

[Mod Translated - Hi, I think you can record using an external usb 3.0 hard drive or so use the gamedvr platform]
  3. ravary212 Win User

Xbox external drive

If you want to save clips on it I better reccomend you a usb 3.0 of 16 gb they are usually about 8-10 dollars
  4. Kursaalflyer Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hi,

I have some results to questions.

1. I only recently used an external drive to copy clips following a recent XBox notification that older clips would start to be deleted.

2. I now copied 20 clips to the external drive connected to the XBox rear USB (previously I used the front USB). Only 10 copied to the newly created XBoxCaptureCopies.

3. I set the XBox to save clips to the external drive as you described and created one. The system responded saying copy made to external drive. When I checked no clip was copied to the XBoxCaptureCopies folder BUT I noticed a GameDVR folder and that is where the clips had been stored. When I tried to play via Window Media Player it failed saying I needed to purchase the correct Codex, thats another issue.

4. As mentioned the external 1TB drive is my laptop back up with 865MB free. I have a seperate games backup drive but I was reluctant to use that as I was not sure if the backup app would format the drive before use.

Did some further testing

Made a clip after setting external drive as capture. The Clip was saved to the GameDVR folder. It appears when you select multiple files to copy they all try and go to the XBoxCaptureCopies folder whereas captures made at the time go to the GameDVR folder. Very confusing.

Hope this is helpful.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Suggestions for future updates

Backups, I assume you mean game saves, are cloud based so go with you wherever you go. Game clips and screenshots can be saved to a USB 3.0 storage device. You can also backup your profile and settings to a USB 3.0 storage device.

Avatars are built by a seperate team and nothing to do with the OS build teams.

I can also confirm that the disk error you see hasn't occurred on any of my Xbox Ones (original, S and X)
  6. Sebastian Müller2 Win User

How to use an external HDD/SSD with the Xbox One?

It is a USB 3.0 plug on one side and a USB C plug on the other. The USB C goes into the SSD, the USB 3.0 into the Xbox or PC. Pretty standard.
Thema:

1. 4K GameDVR clips saved to USB 3.0 won’t show on PC - Similar Threads - GameDVR clips saved

2. Gamedvr question, how do I update my payment info?

in XboX Insiders
    Gamedvr question, how do I update my payment info?: Hey guys I'm trying to update my payment information on gamedvr.com Its a yearly subscription and I have the pro version. There is no spot on the website for updating payment info.... like what?...
  3. GameDVR issue possibly .............

in XboX Insiders
    GameDVR issue possibly .............: Hello Anyone else record clips and it's showing as a recorded clip in your captures but does nothing when clicking on it not even buffer ? Very strange , I thought they fixed GameDVR submitted...
  4. I'm part of alpha skip ahead and was wondering about the gamedvr

in XboX Insiders
    I'm part of alpha skip ahead and was wondering about the gamedvr: Are we ever going to get updated or revamped game dvr on xbox series consoles??? submitted by /u/Delagromm [link] [comments]
  5. Bug Report. No Audio in GameDVR in Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug Report. No Audio in GameDVR in Xbox Series X: Whenever I try to record a game that is resumed from a "quick resume" there is no audio in the recorded video. Audio is only recorded when I start the game which is not present in the quick...
  6. How to REMOVE GameDVR and xbox services from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    How to REMOVE GameDVR and xbox services from my PC: I have already used powershell to completely remove all xbox features from my pc, yet the gamebar and all its stuff just won't go away no matter what I try. When I play any game gamebar services...
  7. Microphone recording for GameDVR

in XboX Insiders
    Microphone recording for GameDVR: It would be great to support the microphone recording with GameDVR. My sons likes to make little Minecraft tutorials, but we've to stream it with Twitch and save the recorded file on the pc....
  8. GameDVR not uploading screenshots to Onedrive

in XboX Insiders
    GameDVR not uploading screenshots to Onedrive: Current build: Preview Delta - xb_flt_2111co.211208-2200 on Xbox Series X. Currently having issues with GameDVR uploading screenshots to my Onedrive on my external USB. It works perfectly for...
  9. GameDVR still struggles to upload clips recorded on external to Onedrive

in XboX Insiders
    GameDVR still struggles to upload clips recorded on external to Onedrive: Apart from the fact that GameDVR is a disaster, it still struggles to upload clips and screenshots to Onedrive (Sometime it's slow, sometime it won't upload directly) wich is annoying as Onedrive...
  10. Gamedvr clips are recorded in a format that lots of platforms cannot read, especially the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamedvr clips are recorded in a format that lots of platforms cannot read, especially the...: Basically when i record normal 4k clips they cannot be sent by telegram and other socials, but when i record in 4k hdr the clip won't upload to YouTube and every platform existing. any solutions?...