4GB Hard Drive was reformatted and now deletes everything when shut off!

Discus and support 4GB Hard Drive was reformatted and now deletes everything when shut off! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've dug through the forums and while I've found issues that are similar none of them seem to be exactly what's going on. I have a 4GB internal and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by buggirl101, Nov 27, 2014.

1. buggirl101
    buggirl101 Guest

I've dug through the forums and while I've found issues that are similar none of them seem to be exactly what's going on.

I have a 4GB internal and have had a 32GB USB attached for all of my storage, the system itself is a day or two from being 2 years old. I bought Far Cry 4 knowing that I would need plenty of space, so, I deleted and or moved everything to the USB and my
    internal was completely free. It asked for an update that would take roughly 2GB of memory so I did the update.

I'm guessing that something went wrong because it still wouldn't let me play after it restarted. And to my shock the internal drive was unformatted, once I reformatted it had roughly 150MB of corrupted files on it. I deleted all the corrupted files and noticed
    that it no longer recognized my USB. I took the USB out and plugged it into my home computer. Everything on the USB's gone as well.

Now, every time the system is turned off when it's turned back on there is nothing and the memory needs reformatting again. The xbox still doesn't recognize any USBs plugged in anymore. It doesn't save the profiles or it just corrupts all the data and everything
    has to be deleted again.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? Would getting a HDD help? Or is my system just destroyed?

:)

buggirl101, Nov 27, 2014
  2. Error when trying to update

Taidara, yes, it is the xbox slim with 4gb internal memory. I moved everything to a 250gb hard drive, then reformatted the internal memory, but still cannot successfully update my xbox.

GrandmaCarrie, Nov 27, 2014
  3. Shepdog069
    Shepdog069 Guest
    Microsoft 240GB Hard Drive issue

Hard drive was running slowly, so I backed up the important stuff to the System main memory 4GB and a USB Drive. I then reformatted the 240GB drive, and transferred everything back. Shortly thereafter (less them 6 hours after reformatting, transferring everything
    back, downloading content, etc.), the system took forever to boot, showed no profiles, and when I went to the storage menu, it said I needed to format the hard drive. Now all my saves are gone. It's an official drive. What gives? I tried putting it in another
    system, which also says it needs to be formatted. I just did that! None of the information was backed up on the cloud. No telling how many hours of gameplay is lost

Shepdog069, Nov 27, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there buggirl101!

Sorry to hear about the HDD issue. Since the 4GB memory is internal and you are continuing to run into this issue, this leads me to believe the console will need to be repaired. I recommend contacting our chat or phone support agents through our Contact
    Us
    page to get the repair process started. Alternatively, you can visit our Online Service center page to register your console and set up the repair there. I'm sincerely sorry for any frustration
    this may have caused and I hope you can get up and running soon!

Feel free to post back and let us know how it goes! 4GB Hard Drive was reformatted and now deletes everything when shut off! :)

Mister Beep, Nov 27, 2014
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there buggirl101!

Sorry to hear about the HDD issue. Since the 4GB memory is internal and you are continuing to run into this issue, this leads me to believe the console will need to be repaired. I recommend contacting our chat or phone support agents through our Contact
    Us
    page to get the repair process started. Alternatively, you can visit our Online Service center page to register your console and set up the repair there. I'm sincerely sorry for any frustration
    this may have caused and I hope you can get up and running soon!

Feel free to post back and let us know how it goes! :)
  6. GrandmaCarrie Win User

Error when trying to update

Taidara, yes, it is the xbox slim with 4gb internal memory. I moved everything to a 250gb hard drive, then reformatted the internal memory, but still cannot successfully update my xbox.
  7. J Storm Win User

Xbox 360 resell help

System use and Xbox OS nothing to worry about it's the same with PC's. You can reformat the hard drive to be sure this will delete everything on the Hard Drive.
  8. LoriTucker Win User

Can I download XBL content directly to a USB?

Wish I would have read this a while ago before my grandson deleted almost everything off the 360 hard drive trying to make room to download a game that is still too big for the 4GB hard drive. Now we have to redownload all the deleted content and try to
    fill the hard drive back up so it will choose the 16GB USB drive. Wish there were a way to just choose where you want content downloaded to. Future suggestion for Microsoft?
  9. MEIJIN KYO44 Win User

Will Formatting my HDD Drive make it "New"?

While formatting a hard-drive can make it faster it could be physical damage to the hard-drive that is the problem. If you make a habit out of taking you hard drive out of the dock while the system is shutting down and not off you could have cause damage
    to it that reformatting it will not help. I broke my 20 gig hard drive by pulling it out of the system before it shut down and I had to buy a new one. When i put the old one in it would just stay at the 360 white logo and do nothing else. Try reformatting
    the hard-drive but if it does not work you may have to get another one. I learned the hard way.
Thema:

1. 4GB Hard Drive was reformatted and now deletes everything when shut off! - Similar Threads - 4GB Hard Drive

2. Hard drive on Xbox 360 E (4gb)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive on Xbox 360 E (4gb): Hi, i want to know which hard drive can I install on my Xbox 360 E, if it's a Sata II or III, if is needed a special format (NTFS, Fat). Thanks for all the help! 4f492569-b04e-4ce3-826e-62777377ed3b
  3. Is it really impossible to play battlefield 4 without an internal hard drive not Xbox 4gb?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it really impossible to play battlefield 4 without an internal hard drive not Xbox 4gb?: Is it really impossible to play battlefield 4 without an internal hard drive not Xbox 4gb? f7ce8091-aba2-4fee-988d-29c53522fe56
  4. Where can i buy hard drive for 4GB Xbox360E in Delhi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can i buy hard drive for 4GB Xbox360E in Delhi?: Where can i buy hard drive for 4GB Xbox360E in New Delhi? f0623006-4d53-45f9-b974-05d6fda75899
  5. xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?: Hi, I have a xbox 360 E 4GB console. It supports plugging in an external USB hard drive,. Will the original xbox emulator be installable onto the external hard drive, allowing me to play...
  6. 4GB Xbox 360 hard drive issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    4GB Xbox 360 hard drive issue.: I have a 4GB Xbox 360 and I just bought Battlefield 4. I needed 2GBs to run it but I can only clear 1.1GB, yet the memory is empty but one file that has 513MB in it. Someone tell me how to clear...
  7. Console deletes itself regularly. Basic 4gb console no hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console deletes itself regularly. Basic 4gb console no hard drive.: Xbox deletes all memory for no reason every few weeks. I only have the internal memory no hard drive. I'm also not connected to internet at all. Never had this issue before but its been ongoing...
  8. 4gb Slim Hard Drive Installation Problems: No Docking "Plugs"

in XBoX on Consoles
    4gb Slim Hard Drive Installation Problems: No Docking "Plugs": Hey There Xbox Am i missing something? Ive tried to install a 250gb hard drive in my 4gb slim, and it isnt showing up. I cant see any docking "plugs" in the port. Will upload pics in a sec....
  9. xbox 360E 4GB hard/flash drive crash - can it be fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360E 4GB hard/flash drive crash - can it be fixed?: Hi! Our xbox 360E 4GB flash memory just died. Hard drive is saying it needs to be formatted. From what I've read, it needs to be replaced. #1 - CAN you replace the 4gb flash drive memory? #2 -...
  10. New Hard Drive slows down my xbox slim 4gb??

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Hard Drive slows down my xbox slim 4gb??: Recently I bought a new 250gb HD for my xbox slim 4gb because I needed more space. When I have the hard drive in it slows down my xbox A LOT. Dashboard dosnt load for 2 minutes, its nearly...