4G Hotspot isn't cutting it anymore! Need help!

Discus and support 4G Hotspot isn't cutting it anymore! Need help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So moved to BFE somewhat recently and was told by my old ISP(Cable DSL) that the LOC I was moving to was covered, So I went ahead and scheduled a date... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kiing_Kong, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Kiing_Kong
    Kiing_Kong Guest

So moved to BFE somewhat recently and was told by my old ISP(Cable DSL) that the LOC I was moving to was covered, So I went ahead and scheduled a date for them to come out and transfer my services. About a week passes and I move etc, come the day they were
    supposed to come out I get a call from the local office them telling me my area isn't supported and their only option is to close the account... Whatever nothing I can do even though I wanted to cuss them out and call them morons for feeding me false info...

So... Since then I've been using my Verizon 4G hotspot, had to up my Data plan to 20GB a mo and my bill is now 280/mo which is ROBBERY and im lucky if I dont go over by the end of the month. (Was using an upward of 400GB/mo via my old ISP) Needless to say
    this is killing me... I'm literally thinking about moving because not having internet makes me feel like I live in the *** stone age and 99% of anything I do when im home requires me to have a GOOD internet connection.

As I read up and see that it looks like my only options are Satellite I refuse to take that as a final answer, I'll move out before I settle for some BS 1MS ping internet, nor will I keep paying 280/mo and be restricted to 20GB/mo split between My cell phone,
    Computer, Xbox, Tablet, and Mothers Cellphone.

I NEED HALP, LIKE NAO lol. Im going crazy... this is ridiculous, there has to be another option... Any advice, suggestions...??? thanks.

:)

Kiing_Kong, Feb 10, 2015
  2. Can the Straight Talk Mobile Wifi work with Xbox 360 S

I also am running off my Hotspot it work fine. It is 4G lte

DeadlyHat8749, Feb 10, 2015
  3. Ways of connecting to Xbox Live!

I use a 4G hotspot and it does work, however, you will have a Strict NAT which can make it hard to connect to chats reliably and you will see some lag. At this time it seems that using an iPhone (wi-fi or via USB) to connect isn't possible so you would
    have to use a hotspot accessory in that case.

EnchantedDaisy, Feb 10, 2015
  4. 4G Hotspot isn't cutting it anymore! Need help!

Sorry but that's the way it is, you can only get whatever is available in your area, and usually that's one maybe two ISPs/Cable Companies.

Richiestang78, Feb 11, 2015
  5. i'm adding my two cents here. hotspots suck for the purpose of playing game systems online. I have had a virgin mobile hotspot and I lived right next to a cell tower at the time so was able to connect to the internet. however, the bloody thing was so slow.
    I suggest you move. not being mean, but if you really want to have a stong connection to the internet, you have to move to an area that supports hardlline internet connections like cable

IgotTSondabrain, Oct 31, 2018
  6. IgotTSondabrain Win User

i'm adding my two cents here. hotspots suck for the purpose of playing game systems online. I have had a virgin mobile hotspot and I lived right next to a cell tower at the time so was able to connect to the internet. however, the bloody thing was so slow.
    I suggest you move. not being mean, but if you really want to have a stong connection to the internet, you have to move to an area that supports hardlline internet connections like cable
  7. Richiestang78 Win User

Sorry but that's the way it is, you can only get whatever is available in your area, and usually that's one maybe two ISPs/Cable Companies.
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

Can't get my NAT strict to open

That modem is a 4G hotspot device ? If so , the NAT is probably coming from the isp 4g setup ...private ip address or public ?
  9. Snotty Chunks Win User

EXTREME lag, anyone?

Er...4g mobile hotspots? What are these?? Sorry....noob question??
  10. EnchantedDaisy Win User

Ways of connecting to Xbox Live!

I use a 4G hotspot and it does work, however, you will have a Strict NAT which can make it hard to connect to chats reliably and you will see some lag. At this time it seems that using an iPhone (wi-fi or via USB) to connect isn't possible so you would
    have to use a hotspot accessory in that case.
Thema:

1. 4G Hotspot isn't cutting it anymore! Need help! - Similar Threads - Hotspot isn't cutting

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. How can I connect Xfinity hotspot to my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect Xfinity hotspot to my Xbox: I’ve tried the authentication process from 4 different web browsers and they all cut me off after I press “connect” without even showing me the login screen to enter my information, I’ve tried...
  4. My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days: it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not to load the page it redirects me to Also it...
  5. Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot

in XboX Insiders
    Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot: Can someone help me im new to xbox and i got a Series S today and cant get it to hook up to my hotspot or wifi. Can someone help? submitted by /u/The_Swagg_Stop [link] [comments]
  6. My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...: My series s won't work with my WiFi suddenly and even after reseting both while keeping games and not I am met with the same problem 727cbde5-cc60-4900-8435-ddb8c64acc0d
  7. Can the Xbox be used as a hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the Xbox be used as a hotspot?: I want to use my Xbox which is LAN as a hotspot for the kids room? 4a0b71fe-0fb7-467f-a4ae-387caf15f335
  8. Hotspot isn't updating. UPnP unsuccessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotspot isn't updating. UPnP unsuccessful: Hello, I live out of service for internet, so I hotspot to game. It's worked for months with updates, slow, but it worked. Today's patch on COD says UPnP unsuccessful, and I can't get it...
  9. DNS Isn't Resolving Xbox Server Names When Trying to Connect to WiFi Hotspot on Cell Phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Isn't Resolving Xbox Server Names When Trying to Connect to WiFi Hotspot on Cell Phone: I'm having trouble with my NAT settings and online gaming. Someone suggest I try using my phone as a wireless hot spot. I thought that sounded like a great idea. But every time I try to connect,...
  10. Xbox one isn't connecting to mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one isn't connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi For some reason my xbox will not connect to my mobile hotspot. I know there is nothing wrong with it because my laptop can connect to it. I know there is nothing wrong with the xbox...