3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR (Wins10 or 11)

Discus and support 3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR (Wins10 or 11) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I found the post too late from @Akradon and couldn't respond to @KathyA (Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working - Microsoft Community) --- So here... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JaqFinch, Jan 24, 2023.

1. JaqFinch
    JaqFinch Guest

I found the post too late from @Akradon and couldn't respond to @KathyA (Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working - Microsoft Community) --- So here goes.

(Wins10 most up to date version User)

Exporting/3D File Save happens in the Photobooth section of the app: Xbox Avatar Editor [gyazo screencap]

To my knowledge, you edit the avatar via PC and not the console. I've had this issue since the feature came out.

When you click the Cube icon for 3D Export, the shutter clip sounds (similar to when you're saving a 2D image file) and a Save in Folder window pops up. You choose a folder then click Select Folder.

The window closes without a sound. And the Xbox Avatar Editor as a whole freezes OR when you backtrack through the program and try to use the software, font errors appear and you cannot interact with the GUIs/click functions don't work IN ADDITION the 3D Export file never generates.

There is NO redirection to 3D Viewer, 3D builder, or 3D Paint under the 3D canvas during the exporting process.

SIDENOTE:

the default folder that appears in the Select Folder window, is 3D objects and 3D Builder within said folder. The 3D Builder folder only have the sample file for the 3D Builder app. Regardless of saving in the folders 3D Objects or 3D Builder, no avatar export .glb or .3mf file created.

:)

JaqFinch, Jan 24, 2023
  2. JaqFinch Win User

Hi Tomm_A!

Good news, bad news.

It worked! .. But it wasn't able to export after that.

This time, the Xbox Avatar Editor closed down on its own and it longer to reopen the program.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JaqFinch,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to export a 3D object created from Xbox Avatar Editor app and is unable to because it does not show up in the folder. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We replicated your issue and chose the 3D object folder as the location where we save the file, and it also does not show in our end because 3D folder saves 3D object file type only. We suggest selecting another path location. In our end, we created a New Folder under This PC > desktop. So, the path location where we save the 3D file object was This PC > Desktop> New Folder. When done saving the file under New Folder, open the file and look for your gamertag and click to expand. Look for 3D Object file type and click to open it on 3D Viewer App. You can then go to File >Save As and select path location.

If the 3D viewer freezes, you may update the app. To update, go to Microsoft Store and search for 3D Viewer App then install updates.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. JaqFinch Win User

Update:

The sessions of being able to export different 3D poses/more than one 3D files don't always happen.

The most successful has been:

• don't modify/move/rename the file
    • don't create new folder in a location other than Desktop
    • don't empty out the folder with file deletions or transfers
    • don't close Xbox Avatar Editor
    • DO Restart the computer if file doesn't save
      • A RARE CHANCE for the first save after Sys Restart will not happen despite creating New Folder on Desktop (yes, rare; but more likely for success than no rebooting)
  5. JaqFinch Win User

Tysm for the reply Tomm_A! I'll run a test on my end and give you a follow up when I'm back on my home computer. 😉
  6. Fatima_J Win User

xbox avatar editor export not working

Hi TijgerPapa

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

We understand that you are trying to export an avatar using Xbox Avatar Editor. Based on your description you are having issues saving it. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

There is a way to import however, it this support article did not say about exporting so please see the steps below: (Create or update an Xbox Avatar | Xbox Support)

1. Launch the Xbox Avatar Editor app.
    2. Select Xbox Original Avatar, and then choose your original avatar.
    3. Select Import.

Have you tried saving it on your computer desktop? You may want to use the Drive C and select the Desktop folder to save your files. You may then see an Xbox GamerTag folder name in your computer, and you may select any files you may be needing for 3D viewing. This should launch 3D viewer by default and if it get stuck to 3D viewer logo, close it first and relaunch 3D viewer.

We hope that helps. If you have suggestions about Xbox Avatar Editor, you may send a feedback through the application by going into settings and look for feedback.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Avatar Editor to see if that resolves the issue? Additionally, you may want to try exporting your avatar in a different file format, such as .fbx or .dae, to see if that produces a valid file. If the issue persists, you may want to contact Xbox support for further assistance.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
Thema:

1. 3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR (Wins10 or 11) - Similar Threads - Export Woking AVATAR

2. I can't export my slimerancher save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't export my slimerancher save: When the Gamepass had Slimerancher but I had a save that I would like to transfer to Slimerancher that I just got on Steam. 83695ec0-8c7f-4858-8ca3-375b087eb17c
  3. How can you transfer a minecraft preview world to the main game (there is no export button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you transfer a minecraft preview world to the main game (there is no export button...: Minecraft world transfer news to know how to move a minecraft preview world on Xbox series X to the main game because my world is stuck on there by accident There is so export button on the game...
  4. How to export Minecraft worlds from XBOX to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to export Minecraft worlds from XBOX to PC: Hello, I play on an XBSX and want to export my XB worlds to PC to back them up so I don't lose them when I uninstall it. (used to fix bugs involving my textures randomly disappearing, the in-game...
  5. xbox avatar editor export not working

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox avatar editor export not working: Hi, When exporting my xbox avatar with the Xbox Avatar Editor using its photo booth option, it doesn't seem to create valid files. It creates the .obj , .mtl and .png files, but when I open the...
  6. Export games save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Export games save data: I would like to download/export all of my games save data installed from Xbox Windows App (with Game Pass), what can I do? For example, I've tried to search Persona 5 save data on my disk but I...
  7. Can I export a Xbox Series X Minecraft world onto a USB flash drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I export a Xbox Series X Minecraft world onto a USB flash drive: So i have a homework assignment to build the great wall of China in Minecraft, but I need my teacher to be able to access it, but I'm building it on Xbox, so I thought I could export it onto a...
  8. Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working: Hi all, I'm trying to export my avatar so I can rig it and use it in blender. Searching the net, the PC avatar editor is the best option but it doesn't seem to be working at all? I click...
  9. 3D Export for the Avatars freezes when chosen?

in XboX Insiders
    3D Export for the Avatars freezes when chosen?: Hi all, I'm trying to export my Xbox avatar to use in blender. I searched how to do it, and it was recommended to use the Xbox Avatar editor on the PC app. I've downloaded this, but when I choose...
  10. How to export and save video clips from "Just Dance 2020" from Xbox One to microsoft one...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to export and save video clips from "Just Dance 2020" from Xbox One to microsoft one...: Hello, We play "Just Dance 2020" on the Xbox One and the Kinect. A number of video clips have been saved in the Just Dance 2020 gallery. However, the "Just Dance 2020" game now states there is...