3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...

Discus and support 3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I'm looking at getting a new headset for my Xbox Series X. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is exactly what type of technology the headset I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sleepingtide, Aug 18, 2020.

1. 3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...

So I'm looking at getting a new headset for my Xbox Series X. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is exactly what type of technology the headset I get needs in order to support the new 3D audio for next gen. There seem to many types THX spatial audio, Dolby Atmos, and Windows sonic spatial audio. Which one of these technologies does the headset I get in order to support 3D or it this all on the console side?

submitted by /u/Sleepingtide
    [link] [comments]

/u/Sleepingtide, Aug 18, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. LSpear76 Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

From the PS4 FAQ:

Will the DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack support other headsets or headphones?

The PS Vita system’s headset is fully supported. Some other third-party headsets may support basic audio and chat functionality on PS4, but Sony Computer Entertainment cannot guarantee it.

Is it possible to output all game audio through DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack?

Yes, you can select the Output to Headsets option to either ‘Chat Audio’ or “All Audio.”
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

HEADSET USB XBOX ONE

Xbox does not support audio over USB at all.

You will need to use a 3.5mm headset on the controller
  4. LSpear76 Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox headset

Hi zulubravo82,

What headset do you have? One of the Xbox Ambassadors asked if you had either a stereo headset or a chat headset?

In order to have the stereo sound the TV would output, you need a stereo headset that has two earpieces. A chat headset is only for chat and does not output the stereo audio, these usually just have one earpiece.

If you indeed have a stereo headset that plugs directly into the 3.5mm audio port on the controller, then your headset chat mixer may be set to 100% chat audio only. Open the Xbox menu and scroll to the far right under the System tab. Under Settings you
    should see an Audio option. Select it and the middle slider is the headset chat mixer which should be in the middle for 50/50 game and chat audio.
  6. RichieB_ Win User

Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB Black acting as controller

Hi Ben Brown3,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headset to connect to your Xbox.

For using a wired headset on Xbox you must need to have an Audio jack 3.5mm because the USB type headset is not compatible with Xbox console because it was built not for Audio or headset. On your controller you will see an audio jack port there where you need to plug in the headset for you to be able to use it.

For more details you may visit this support article: Learn more: Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...

1. 3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox... - Similar Threads - Audio Headset Help

2. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  3. headset audio help !!

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset audio help !!: i plugged my xbox into my TV and the game audio was coming out of the speakers but the xbox party chat only came through my headset, which i didn’t like so i plugged the xbox back into my monitor...
  4. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  5. please help I am unable to get my astro A50 wireless headset to give out game audio, I only...

in XboX Insiders
    please help I am unable to get my astro A50 wireless headset to give out game audio, I only...: I have followed all "how to" videos and step by step guides online with Dolby etc. Please help! submitted by /u/RagedImp [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox series X audio help from turtle beach recon 70 headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X audio help from turtle beach recon 70 headset: Hello I don’t know if this would be the right place to ask but I have the turtle beach recon 70 headphones and whenever I play I use them (obviously) but I’m only able to use them with the current...
  7. Can anyone help me disable my headset audio?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anyone help me disable my headset audio?: Hello, I plug my bose headphones directly into my monitor, and use the basic Xbox headset as a mic when gaming. Haven't had a problem until a little while ago, when my my chat volume began to...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset reducing audio - please help!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset reducing audio - please help!: Not sure if I'm just missing a setting somewhere to fix this but it's kind of driving me nuts. Obviously one of the most anticipated features for this headset was the ability to connect to the...
  9. Choppy Audio on headset, regardless of controller or headset, any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Audio on headset, regardless of controller or headset, any help?: I have the white Xbox One (about 3 years old) and over the last 5-7 months I have had constant audio issues when I use headsets. Ive tried 5 new wireless controllers, 3 different wired headsets,...
  10. Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?: Headset audio stopped working - the console (xbox one s) didn't register that a headset was attached. It was a faulty controller, so we exchanged it and now have a new one. When the headset is...