360s won't boot up, just beeps. Power brick is fine!!

Discus and support 360s won't boot up, just beeps. Power brick is fine!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My sons Xbox 360s won't boot up, just beeps when I press the 'power' and 'open disc tray' buttons. Power brick has orange light and this doesn't change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by poppyraeman, Jan 9, 2015.

1. poppyraeman
    poppyraeman Guest

My sons Xbox 360s won't boot up, just beeps when I press the 'power' and 'open disc tray' buttons. Power brick has orange light and this doesn't change whilst I'm pressing any of the buttons. Have made sure all connections are good and checked USB ports
    for bent pins. Have tried another working power brick but still the same outcome. Any new ideas on this issue which seems to be pretty common??

:)

poppyraeman, Jan 9, 2015
  2. leeboy1
    leeboy1 Guest
    X1 would'nt turn on

Hi Guys,

Last night i touched the console to turn it on, it beeped but thats it, no light no boot up.

tried 3 times with same out come, pressing the button on the controller did nothing.

I unplugged the power from the back of the console for 10 seconds then plugged it back and it now boots fine?

If it was the power brick would it not boot up all the time now? also i didnt touch the brick at all i just unplugged the cable from the console.

Anyone had a similar issue?

LB

leeboy1, Jan 9, 2015
  3. Veroku Chan
    Veroku Chan Guest
    Green Screen of Death...?

I'd recommend trying to unplug the power brick for about a min, then reconnect it and boot up the console. It may of just gotten stuck in a process that power cycling won't fix. Unplugging the power brick will ensure your console does a fresh boot.

Hope that helps.

Veroku Chan, Jan 9, 2015
  4. Veroku Chan Win User

Green Screen of Death...?

I'd recommend trying to unplug the power brick for about a min, then reconnect it and boot up the console. It may of just gotten stuck in a process that power cycling won't fix. Unplugging the power brick will ensure your console does a fresh boot.

Hope that helps.
  5. truchamp Win User

** Bricked Xbox One Console After Latest Insider Update **

*UPDATE* I'm not sure if it was because of the update or not but the root cause was my power brick. Either the update affected my power brick (which I don't know if it's even possible) or the power brick was faulty and just happened to
    have issues during the update. I took it to Gamestop and they plugged up a different power brick and it booted up fine. The old power brick always stays orange. If you have this issue, check the power brick.
  6. truchamp Win User

**HELP Bricked Xbox One after March 26, 2018 Insider Update **

*UPDATE* I'm not sure if it was because of the update or not but the root cause was my power brick. Either the update affected my power brick (which I don't know if it's even possible) or the power brick was faulty and just happened to have issues during
    the update. I took it to Gamestop and they plugged up a different power brick and it booted up fine. The old power brick always stays orange. If you have this issue, check the power brick.
  7. Qu'ran johnson Win User

Original Xbox One not Booting up.

So the Power brick glows orange when plugged in and stays orange the entire time i'm attempting to boot up. When i tap the Power on button on the front of the xbox, it beeps faintly and makes a clicking noise and then goes silent.
  8. Speed Demon996 Win User

Unable to hard-reset from power button

Well, I tried that already sort of. I let it shut down normally. Cut the power to the brick so that it goes completely off.

Powered up the console, waited for the brick to go from white to amber, and fired it up. Again same issue - tried to hard reset but it shuts down normally while making beeping sounds repeatedly as long as I hold down the power button.

Is the power button faulty? Why do you think it won't let me hard-reset through the power button?
Thema:

1. 360s won't boot up, just beeps. Power brick is fine!! - Similar Threads - 360s won't boot

2. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  3. How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory: My xbox 360 memory had 2 out of the 4 gb used. After turning it on unused for a week it would be stuck on the xbox 360 startup. I waited for an hour and it said that there was a memory problem and...
  4. Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible: So I just was wondering why Xbox/Microsoft decided to stop making Xbox 360 games backwards compatible. There are still so many games that deserve/need to be made backwards compatible especially...
  5. XBOX 360S PAL version won't read PAL games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360S PAL version won't read PAL games: Hello everyone, Well I guess everything is in the title, I have a PAL version of the xbox360S and it won't allow me to play PAL games (MGS HD collection and DBZ Raging blast 2). All the other...
  6. My Xbox 360s won't play disks or downloaded games after downloading oblivion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox 360s won't play disks or downloaded games after downloading oblivion: Today I finished my download for oblivion. Then after it finished I tried to play a DVD. But it didn't work so I thought the disk just wasnt compatible. But then I tried to play GTA 4 and it would...
  7. Xbox 360s controller won't connect to consule

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s controller won't connect to consule: I'm trying to get an Xbox 360 s controller to connect to the 360 s consule. My problem is the plug is an odd shape, not usb shaped. What am I doing wrong, is there a secret plug in? Also, I have a...
  8. My Xbox 360S won't boot up. The green light in the middle turns on then immediately off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360S won't boot up. The green light in the middle turns on then immediately off...: I've had it for 4 years and the only other problem I had was last year when the power supply was red. I got it replaced and it worked fine for another year. After barely playing it all for the...
  9. Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all: OK, here's what's happened so far: In the middle of a game, after only a couple of hours (at most) of play, the game froze. We rebooted, started the game again, and again it froze. Tried again,...
  10. My 360s won't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360s won't connect to xbox live: I have just purchased the 4gb 360s and I'm having difficulty connecting to my wifi, when I do a connection to Xbox live test it says 'can't connect to wireless network' Please help...