360S Video keeps cutting out after green/red static

Discus and support 360S Video keeps cutting out after green/red static in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So for some reason my picture keeps cutting out on my Xbox 360 S. What happens first is that it will usually start showing green or red static lines on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheMellowHero, Aug 17, 2014.

1. 360S Video keeps cutting out after green/red static

So for some reason my picture keeps cutting out on my Xbox 360 S. What happens first is that it will usually start showing green or red static lines on my tv and then it will cut out and completely stop showing picture. It also happens with the hdmi cable
    is moved even in the slightest. So what I usually do is wiggle the hdmi cable on the console and try to get a sweet spot to where the video comes back on. The easier temporary fix is to turn the tv off then back on.

I've tried using different ports on my TV and that doesn't seem to work. It doesn't seem to be my tv that's the issue. Any idea on how to fix this or what the problem is? I also put up a video of it happening on youtube if anyone wants to see.

:)

TheMellowHero, Aug 17, 2014
  2. Internet explorer and Netflix not working

Need help

video not working green screen keeps appearing after few seconds

even Netflix app will show

the green screen after seconds of watching

NthGrimReaper, Aug 17, 2014
  3. my xbox needs support

My XBox wont start. It keeps messaging XBox needs service and the lights flash red, green, red, green, red green. what can I do?

ChainedBalloon9, Aug 17, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

This does sound like an issue with the HDMI itself. How much of a wiggle is there when you do that? If there's isn't much then try a different cable. If there is a lot then the HDMI port is more than likely loose and causing the issue in which case it
    would need to be repaired. In that case you would either need to have the console replace, repaired or start using the component cables that came with the console.

onyxishere, Aug 18, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

This does sound like an issue with the HDMI itself. How much of a wiggle is there when you do that? If there's isn't much then try a different cable. If there is a lot then the HDMI port is more than likely loose and causing the issue in which case it
    would need to be repaired. In that case you would either need to have the console replace, repaired or start using the component cables that came with the console.
  6. Mythic xSagex Win User

XBox 360 E and component video? digital audio?

DaddyTDL

-

You said the Av out was not on Xbox 360 E when it was. AV out is component (Yellow White and Red) Which it does support.

-

The Xbox 360 E AV out port does not support HD component (Blue Green Red and White Red) out Only

-

Only standard AV out and HDMI will output video on the Xbox 360 E
  7. Francia J. Win User

My video keeps cutting out

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  8. Randver Win User

Xbox One reputation system Tweaks

This thread has always been on topic....it's obvious the dark path leads to yellow, orange, red reputation and following the buzzards keeps you green.

They need to ditch the meter now....visually it just doesn't cut it after looking at it from this perspective. I think our avatars appearance should change based on our choices just like in Fable.
  9. ChainedBalloon9 Win User

my xbox needs support

My XBox wont start. It keeps messaging XBox needs service and the lights flash red, green, red, green, red green. what can I do?
Thema:

1. 360S Video keeps cutting out after green/red static - Similar Threads - 360S Video keeps

2. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory: My xbox 360 memory had 2 out of the 4 gb used. After turning it on unused for a week it would be stuck on the xbox 360 startup. I waited for an hour and it said that there was a memory problem and...
  5. Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible: So I just was wondering why Xbox/Microsoft decided to stop making Xbox 360 games backwards compatible. There are still so many games that deserve/need to be made backwards compatible especially...
  6. I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but...: I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but went to check there was not 4gb 92afaf6f-b888-4491-9eff-02ebd3d981c8
  7. I recently purchased a X-Box 360s from an electronic store.

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently purchased a X-Box 360s from an electronic store.: ***Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from description. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy. ***...
  8. Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?: My Xbox 360S Trinity for some Reason dont recognize the Wi-Fi Module. It says i have to plug in the Wi-Fi adapter, which seems weird since the Xbox should have the Wi-Fi internally . It also have...
  9. To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs

in XBoX on Consoles
    To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs: Recently purchased an Xbox 360 from Amazon and had purchased a couple games and couldn't store game progress or even download games that required downloads. Is there not a hard drive with...
  10. Xbox 360s freezes and loses video signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s freezes and loses video signal: I have an Xbox 360s that all of the sudden started freezing shorty after powering on. Sometimes I can get into a game, other times I can barely make it to the home page. Immediately after it...