360 to ONE - Gold Membership transfer

Discus and support 360 to ONE - Gold Membership transfer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just bought a system. The 360 was a 1 yr membership under my son. Now both he and I are on the ONE - logged in and everything appears fine, gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StikStakeSchtik, Oct 20, 2015.

1. 360 to ONE - Gold Membership transfer

Just bought a system. The 360 was a 1 yr membership under my son. Now both he and I are on the ONE - logged in and everything appears fine, gamertag wise. However, under his account membership is GOLD (1 yr) and under my account it says "why not get Gold?"

I followed the HOME machine link - by default it is set to my default.

He was able to download prior marked GWG games - I go to the GOLD section and it says I should get Gold membership and here is what you will get.

My understanding and what I am reading is ... on the XB1, One membership = everyone is gold. I care less about what my subscription says ... and more about Games with Gold not saying I have a Live membership,. We don't have any games yet (getting them)
    and I wonder when we do if my account won't be able to play multi-player.

THanks

:)

StikStakeSchtik, Oct 20, 2015
  2. bonnie227
    bonnie227 Guest
    gold membership

recently renewed gold membership for xbox 360 , just went and bought xbox one , does membership transfer over automatic ? using same account

bonnie227, Oct 20, 2015
  3. TDU Stylez
    TDU Stylez Guest
    Just a few simple questions on considering buying the one?

Your Account will transfer to the Xbox One this will include your achievement, xbl gold membership so there is no need to worry about getting a new Xbox Live Gold Membership for the Xbox One because it will work still on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One

TDU Stylez, Oct 20, 2015
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

If your silver account is set to the Home Xbox, the gold membership will need to be on YOUR account instead of his and he would share the gold subscription from your account, or you can have him set the home Xbox on his account instead. Keep in mind that
    you can only switch the home Xbox 3 times/year.

For more info, see: Xbox Live Gold Sharing Features on Xbox One

Cheers!

iNb4 Ownage, Oct 20, 2015
  5. 1. So right now since he had the Gold under his name on the XBOX 360, he should continue that way and for HIS account set the box to be "Make this my home Xbox". He then is the "master".

2. For me as Silver, to use HIS gold on the console and mark as "This is not my home Xbox" under my profile.

Correct? If so - then does this imply that ONLY HE can has access to download Games with Gold?

(Or is my current GWG problem merely due to the incorrect setting per the above?)

3. And this stays "as is" forever, or at least until the XBOX 360 goes away - from my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) but he can still use the XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE - not at the same time - with a single XBOX LIVE account? Me, I would be
    able to play multi-player on XBOX ONE and continue to only be able to play non-multi-player on the XBOX 360.

Thanks

StikStakeSchtik, Oct 21, 2015
  6. Good day!

Q: 1. So right now since he had the Gold under his name on the XBOX 360, he should continue that way and for HIS account set the box to be "Make this my home Xbox". He then is the "master".

A: Gold sharing is not available on the 360, but if you meant the Xbox One, you will need to go ahead and have him make the console his Home Xbox on his account.

Q: 2. For me as Silver, to use HIS gold on the console and mark as "This is not my home Xbox" under my profile.

Correct? If so - then does this imply that ONLY HE can has access to download Games with Gold?

A: Nope, you don't have to make any changes on your profile. A console can only be ONE persons home Xbox console at a time so once he makes the console his home Xbox, it will automatically remove it from your profile.

Q: 3. And this stays "as is" forever, or at least until the XBOX 360 goes away - from my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) but he can still use the XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE - not at the same time - with a single
    XBOX LIVE account? Me, I would be able to play multi-player on XBOX ONE and continue to only be able to play non-multi-player on the XBOX 360.

A:You can play your Xbox 360 and Xbox One under the same Microsoft account at the same. You can not play two Xbox One's or two 360's under the same Microsoft account though however.

Cheers!

SouthwestClub93, Oct 21, 2015
  7. (For some reason I cannot "quote" the last poster).

Q1 - My son was already setup under his profile as "MY HOME XBOX". I checked that first.

Q2 - Not true. I already set this as "MY HOME" and it said that under my profile ,
    as per my son when I verified. I was able to mark as "NOT MY HOME XBOX" and by doing so it warned me. Fine. After I checked and his was "MY HOME" and I was "NOT MY HOME" (or whatever the exact wording is). However, FACT - both WERE "MY HOME" until
    I switched mine off.

Now for a test I tried the Tomb Raider Definitive and was able to successfully play multiplayer - assuming that I require GOLD to do that, it means I am using my son's GOLD and all is working in
    this respect. Which was a primary concern.

However, one of my original questions was - can I download a GWG game? The answer is
    NO.
    MSFT is sloppy (maybe). The "system" knows there is a Gold member, and "knows" I am under that Gold member, and "knows" I can play multiplayer games, but for some reason ...

1. They want me to buy a membership - under my profile I look under subscriptions and it then takes me to buy one. I consider that scammy actually - why wouldn't they say "oh you already are under XYZ who has Gold". MSFT changed the rules so the entire console
      requires only ONE Gold membership - NO? Beyond using an existing XBOX 360, what reason is there for more than one person to have GOLD? (unless I am missing some feature)
    2. When I go to the GWG tile, and click on a game we already have - it shows "PLAY" then below that "FREE WITH GOLD". I click the latter, and voila - again the virtues of having GOLD are shown. Yet I don't need it - unless I guess I wanted to download. Which
      answers my question - the single person with GOLD is the only one able to download the GWG games.
    3. Then there is a giant tile with a GOLD controller telling me to buy GOLD. That is UTTER CRAP! Either MSFT is trying to trick people or, again, they are sloppy. Why are they showing that tile?
    At any rate - it is what it is and so long as the console appears to be functioning correctly with the multi-player option system wide, I am satisfied and thank you to both of you for helping me.

Cheers!

8. 360 to ONE - Gold Membership transfer

Couldn't edit the post in time but the last Q3 question - I was aware of the one of each console bit but what I was saying was that on the XBOX 360, as it uses the older rule that EACH user must have their own GOLD membership, my son can go to that machine
    and play multiplayer ... while I cannot since he is the GOLD member on that one. I assume that just because we have an XB1, doesn't mean that I get access to the XBOX 360 to play multiplayer.

Soon the Halo/Gears of War games will migrate to the XB1 - eliminating a huge reason to use the 360 but sadly though the CoD games (BlackOps/BlackOps2) won't - and of course they will never be backcompat games unless there is a miracle of miracles.

Thanks

9. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    Hello,

If the console will not let you download free games with gold on your account, your son can download it, and you can still play it though on your account, anyone on that console that signs in can play a game that your son has either purchased, or downloaded
    for free with the games with gold feature.

Your account is still going to show "Upgrade to Gold Today!" ads because you're still technically a silver member and the system only sees that you have no membership. It doesn't see that you are sharing the gold features with your son or any other accounts
    on the Xbox One. There for, Microsoft isn't trying to scam you by giving you reasons to get gold on your console.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!

iNb4 Ownage, Oct 31, 2018
  10. MurderTramp17 Win User

So how is the new Live Gold membership going to work with the current family plan?

Your gold membership for your 360 is the same one for the ONE. Your account transfers, as does your membership
  11. OddP0rcup1ne Win User

Xbox Gold Problems?

If the memberships were transferred from Xbox One to the 360, does it allow them to keep Xbox Gold?
  12. TDU Stylez Win User

Just a few simple questions on considering buying the one?

Your Account will transfer to the Xbox One this will include your achievement, xbl gold membership so there is no need to worry about getting a new Xbox Live Gold Membership for the Xbox One because it will work still on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One
  13. onyxishere Win User

xbox gold family membership problem

Sorry but the Family Gold plan has been retired and there is no way to transfer a membership to another account.

However, if you had plans to purchase an Xbox One console you can share the membership with your family on the Xbox One console without restrictions. The Xbox One sharing plan does not transfer to the 360.
  14. Mister Urkel Win User

If I move my child's gamertag to a "child" Microsoft account, does the XBOX Gold membership move with the gamertag?

On the Xbox One you share one membership as long as the they label this console their home console. Now the sharing of gold membership on the Xbox One console is limited to just the One. If your son decides to also play the 360 still and wants to play on
    live you will need to continue to purchase a live membership after it expires. As long as you migrate his Gamertag correctly to the new console, everything will transfer as well.

So again. Yes everything will transfer when you sign on to the correct account on the Xbox One console. You will have access to share the gold membership on the Xbox One console. If you want to use the 360 still each person will need to have a separate gold
    membership in order to access live.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. 360 to ONE - Gold Membership transfer - Similar Threads - 360 Gold Membership

2. I can't connect to Xbox Live on my 360 titles despite having an active Gold membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to Xbox Live on my 360 titles despite having an active Gold membership: I am unable to connect to Xbox Live on my 360 games despite having an active Xbox Live Gold membership. Does the membership included with game pass ultimate not carry over to 360 titles anymore? I...
  3. xbox 360 gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 gold membership: i want to get gold for my live xbox 360 account but every time i try they say your account information is wrong... waht do i do b96bacec-9746-401c-a130-c8212404d4b7
  4. Xbox 360 Live Gold Membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Live Gold Membership: Good day all, does any one have a problem when purchasing xbox 360 gold membership ? for almost 3 days I tried to purchase gold membership either from the console or the site but it is refused...
  5. How to share xbox gold live membership with second user at home on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to share xbox gold live membership with second user at home on Xbox 360?: How to share Xbox gold live membership with second user at home on Xbox 360? We both have separate profile for achievements. bf4f9dbb-db81-4b5e-bc7f-dc672e81f224
  6. Xbox Live Gold membership does not being recognized in 360 Xbox games market

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold membership does not being recognized in 360 Xbox games market: Xbox Live Gold membership does not being recognized in 360 Xbox games market. I log in with the right account where i have the Xbox Live Gold membership, but i am not getting the discounts. I can...
  7. using Xbox one gold membership, Microsoft account, and PayPal on someone's Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    using Xbox one gold membership, Microsoft account, and PayPal on someone's Xbox 360: Hello, I got my Microsoft account and Xbox gold membership for my sons Xbox 1 in Fresno, ca . I'm still paying for it however we've moved to Tulsa and are still waiting for it to be shipped....
  8. X-box live gold membership for Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-box live gold membership for Xbox 360: I bought Xbox live Gold membership. how do i let my Xbox 360 get the membership. didnt buy it through console but from Pc. 94a36ec1-f363-4d98-b82b-8f418223aa55
  9. XBOX GOLD membership on Xbox one but won't download available Xbox 360 backward compatible game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX GOLD membership on Xbox one but won't download available Xbox 360 backward compatible game: I am an Xbox. gold subscriber playing on an Xbox one console and would like to play battlefield 3 360 which is on gold this month. when i try to download it asks. me to set up a new billing...
  10. Xbox 360 live gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 live gold membership: Hi! I hope i am putting this under the right category but i am truly desperate. I bought Xbox 360 yesterday and got that bonus gold membership card for one month. Made my profile and all but when...