360 Slim won't boot with hard drive installed

Discus and support 360 Slim won't boot with hard drive installed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Just got one of the 360 S 4GB models. It did not come with a hard drive, so I got an official 250GB Xbox hard drive. The system boots... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sduibek, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Sduibek
    Sduibek Guest

Hi everyone,

Just got one of the 360 S 4GB models. It did not come with a hard drive, so I got an official 250GB Xbox hard drive.

The system boots fine if I don't install the drive.

But If the hard drive is inserted, the screen just stays black. Nothing happens. No Xbox logo, no dashboard, nothing.

What would cause this?

:)

Sduibek, Dec 19, 2015
  2. Pony Mania
    Pony Mania Guest
    Frame Rate Issues

I have the slim black Xbox 360 with the 250 gig hard drive. Is that the one you have? And I have mine installed to the hard drive.

Pony Mania, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Unable to load need for speed rivals

Need for Speed Rivals on the Xbox 360 requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive with 3GB of storage space for a mandatory installation of game disc content. you will be prompted to perform this installation the first time time you boot up your game.

You cannot play your game without this installation, nor can it be installed on flash memory sticks, or internal flash memory--such as the internal memory of the Xbox 360 Slim, or 4GB model. Hard Drives are available and sold separately for the Xbox 360
    Slim/4GB, Arcade, and Core consoles.

The Viral Cyrix, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Neuwerld
    Neuwerld Guest

Sounds like the console might be having issues accessing the hard drive, which is why it doesn't boot when the drive is installed.

I just had a similar thing happen to me. I have a 360 S 4GB and installed a 250GB hard drive a few years back. The other day I turned on my Xbox and found that it froze on the splash/logo screen, but if I took out the hard drive it booted fine. Ultimately
    I concluded that my drive was dead, but yours might still be fixable, especially if you're willing to pay for a fix or a data recovery.

Neuwerld, Dec 19, 2015
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry to hear it. I have to ask though, where did you purchase the drive from? Was it from a retail store or an online retailer such as Ebay or Amazon.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Unable to load need for speed rivals

Need for Speed Rivals on the Xbox 360 requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive with 3GB of storage space for a mandatory installation of game disc content. you will be prompted to perform this installation the first time time you boot up your game.

You cannot play your game without this installation, nor can it be installed on flash memory sticks, or internal flash memory--such as the internal memory of the Xbox 360 Slim, or 4GB model. Hard Drives are available and sold separately for the Xbox 360
    Slim/4GB, Arcade, and Core consoles.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

need for speed rivals

I got this from EA games support page

"Need for Speed Rivals on the Xbox 360 requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive with 3GB of storage space for a mandatory installation of game disc content. you will be prompted to perform this installation the first time time you boot up your game.

Slim/4GB, Arcade, and Core consoles. "

Here's the link https://help.ea.com/uk/article/need-for-speed-rivals-xbox-360-installation-information
  8. Pony Mania Win User

Frame Rate Issues

I have the slim black Xbox 360 with the 250 gig hard drive. Is that the one you have? And I have mine installed to the hard drive.
  9. onyxishere Win User

External Seagate 2TB Game Drive for Xbox 360 gets Device not allowed error

Battlefield 4 cannot be installed and played on the Xbox 360 slim model's 4GB internal flash drive without an additional hard drive with a minimum of 2GB of space available. Hard drives are sold separately for the Xbox 360 slim, Arcade, and Core models
    but must be internal for this content to work.

help.ea.com/.../battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide
  10. x24hrs2livex Win User

bf4 will not play

If you are using a 4GB 360 slim console you will need to purchase an official 360 Hard Drive. The BF4 install is not compatiable with flash memory. Meaning you cannot use a flash drive or the internal memory on the 4GB slim console
Thema:

1. 360 Slim won't boot with hard drive installed - Similar Threads - 360 Slim won't

2. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  3. Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account: Hello. So i was watching youtube on my XBOX 360 slim and I got a "signed out of XBOX live" so I tried to sign in and it didn't work so I just turned off the console for a little bit and then I...
  4. Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.: Open Range (Hotspots) Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot. My old Xbox 360 S connected to my phone's hot spot no problem.Now i have a new xbox 360 s cuz...
  5. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84
  6. Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games: I recently got hold of an Xbox 360 slim, the model that comes with the kinect and the 4GB flash memory. Obviously, that's not nearly enough space, so I ran out and bought an official 320GB HDD...
  7. Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,: Hi I have a Slim XBox 360 non HDMI. It s tarts up, you get a ring Of green lights, but it won't see a wired or wireless controller and all you have is a green centre light, no controller lights....
  8. XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?: Our XBox 360 S stopped working. When you try to turn it on, the power button flashes for a few seconds and it sounds like a fan is blowing, then it just shuts off. I made sure there is plenty of...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format: Topic basically says it all. Me and my husband went and bought a white Xbox 360 Slim 4GB from one of those rental stores. (Like rent to own) and got it home. It works fine, plays games fine....
  10. Original Xbox 360 Won't Read Specific Disks that Xbox 360 Slim can read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 Won't Read Specific Disks that Xbox 360 Slim can read: So allow me to go into detail about this, before someone throws the "Clean Your Disk Tray", "Clean Your Disks," ect. My Original Xbox 360, I bought from Gamestop, it's probably been about 2 years...