360 Slim, unable to update (tried the usual stuff)

Discus and support 360 Slim, unable to update (tried the usual stuff) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm looking at a used 360 slim that cannot apply an update. I am prompted to update when I turn it on, and after following the prompts it returns with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by confused_about_this_problem, Jun 16, 2015.

1. 360 Slim, unable to update (tried the usual stuff)

I'm looking at a used 360 slim that cannot apply an update. I am prompted to update when I turn it on, and after following the prompts it returns with error code xxxx-43c5-xxxx-xxxx-000e.

While it seems to be a problem relating to communication with xBox Live, I have also tried updating with the USB and CD methods while not connected via wired/wireless network. Neither alternative methods have worked, as I am not prompted to update after I
    reboot.

I've confirmed that the USB is Fat32 with the $SystemUpdate folder as the root.

I have cleared the memory cache and also formatted the memory unit.

No idea what else I can try. Maybe get a hard drive for this and try again? What's weird is USB and CD's are not autoplaying, even after selecting those options. I can see the USB in the device list, and it is detecting the overall capacity of the thumb
    drive. It doesn't need external power or anything like that.

Thanks for any insights!

:)

confused_about_this_problem, Jun 16, 2015
  2. kendo46
    kendo46 Guest
    Update 16th Feb 2012 wont allow me to download updates for other games

been there tried all the suggested ways to fix the problem, NOTHING works, the patch has corrupted something in my xbox 360 slim. hence it is unable to download any updates for any game

kendo46, Jun 16, 2015
  3. DARKWATCH92
    DARKWATCH92 Guest
    My Xbox 360 slim runs really slow

I have the same problem. Dashboard is just slow, i find myself loosing online more often than usual sometimes.

I had the white old one and it was good and fast. But my new slim is being really slow for basic stuff usually. Maybe it has to do with the two last updates for the dashboard, somehow it affected my slim big time. Microsoft needs a new update for those who
    have slim and try to fix the issue. My slim is like 1 and half years old and i dont believe my console has anything to do with that nor does my internet. Its dissapointing really.

DARKWATCH92, Jun 16, 2015
  4. 360 Slim, unable to update (tried the usual stuff)

Hello MarbleGobller, if you are able to decline the update and enter to the dashboard go to settings, storage and make the next combination on your hard drive or memory unit: LB + RB + X(in two times) you must see a message that you will delete any console
    update saved. After that you should be able to download the update connecting your console to Xbox Live or using the update file through your USB.

Marrano Del Mal, Jun 16, 2015
  5. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Try network statistics. Does it show download/upload? If it does, then your console is may be banned. In any case, can you post the full error code? The last group of xxxs before your 000e is what I'm interested in. I'm guessing it's C00E or something similar?Try
    this--

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.

2. Go to Settings and select System Settings.

3. Select Storage.

4. Enter the following button sequence: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.

5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.

This will roll back your system updates, allowing any potentially corrupted patches to be removed, and then you can download a fresh copy 360 Slim, unable to update (tried the usual stuff) :)

If your USB stick doesn't work, remove your HDD and then put your USB stick in. Then if you get the prompt, before hitting yes, put your HDD back in. Never remove your HDD when the console is on. While SATA is hot-swappable, its power source generally isn't,
    just remember.

Irixion, Jun 16, 2015
  6. Thanks all,

The code is 42FE - 43C5 - 1780 - 0700 - C000 .

I can connect to the internet with the xbox, but cannot connect to xbox live without updating ( XBL is forcing me to successfully update before I can connect)

While the LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X finished without error, unfortunately it didn't fix the issue for me.

This unit is a 4GB console and doesn't have the removable hard drive, is there a way I can force it to boot-read from usb any other way? It's really strange. When the unit is on it can see the usb is there, and the xbox can even format it it - but it won't
    read from it at boot time. Tried multiple usb sticks in multiple ports.

The same is true for the CD - it won't boot from it. It's as though I haven't formatted the CD/USB correctly or copied over the right folder structure - but I'm pretty sure I did.

Thanks again for any help!

confused_about_this_problem, Oct 31, 2018
  7. confused_about_this_ Win User

Thanks all,

The code is 42FE - 43C5 - 1780 - 0700 - C000 .

I can connect to the internet with the xbox, but cannot connect to xbox live without updating ( XBL is forcing me to successfully update before I can connect)

While the LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X finished without error, unfortunately it didn't fix the issue for me.

This unit is a 4GB console and doesn't have the removable hard drive, is there a way I can force it to boot-read from usb any other way? It's really strange. When the unit is on it can see the usb is there, and the xbox can even format it it - but it won't
    read from it at boot time. Tried multiple usb sticks in multiple ports.

The same is true for the CD - it won't boot from it. It's as though I haven't formatted the CD/USB correctly or copied over the right folder structure - but I'm pretty sure I did.

Thanks again for any help!
  8. Irixion Win User

Try network statistics. Does it show download/upload? If it does, then your console is may be banned. In any case, can you post the full error code? The last group of xxxs before your 000e is what I'm interested in. I'm guessing it's C00E or something similar?Try
    this--

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.

2. Go to Settings and select System Settings.

3. Select Storage.

4. Enter the following button sequence: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.

5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.

This will roll back your system updates, allowing any potentially corrupted patches to be removed, and then you can download a fresh copy :)

If your USB stick doesn't work, remove your HDD and then put your USB stick in. Then if you get the prompt, before hitting yes, put your HDD back in. Never remove your HDD when the console is on. While SATA is hot-swappable, its power source generally isn't,
    just remember.
  9. Marrano Del Mal Win User

Hello MarbleGobller, if you are able to decline the update and enter to the dashboard go to settings, storage and make the next combination on your hard drive or memory unit: LB + RB + X(in two times) you must see a message that you will delete any console
    update saved. After that you should be able to download the update connecting your console to Xbox Live or using the update file through your USB.
  10. kendo46 Win User

Update 16th Feb 2012 wont allow me to download updates for other games

been there tried all the suggested ways to fix the problem, NOTHING works, the patch has corrupted something in my xbox 360 slim. hence it is unable to download any updates for any game
  11. DARKWATCH92 Win User

My Xbox 360 slim runs really slow

I have the same problem. Dashboard is just slow, i find myself loosing online more often than usual sometimes.

I had the white old one and it was good and fast. But my new slim is being really slow for basic stuff usually. Maybe it has to do with the two last updates for the dashboard, somehow it affected my slim big time. Microsoft needs a new update for those who
    have slim and try to fix the issue. My slim is like 1 and half years old and i dont believe my console has anything to do with that nor does my internet. Its dissapointing really.
Thema:

1. 360 Slim, unable to update (tried the usual stuff) - Similar Threads - 360 Slim unable

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  10. 360 slim network card model, what’s the difference?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim network card model, what’s the difference?: Pretty technical question here: So I’ve already gone through two replacement network cards, one didn’t last an hour before it stopped picking up wireless networks. The free replacement under the...