360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

Discus and support 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when i first turn it on it will stay on for 5 minutes then it will shut down saying that its overheating even though it is completely cool and well... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZdrunkenmasterZ, Dec 20, 2014.

1. 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

when i first turn it on it will stay on for 5 minutes then it will shut down saying that its overheating even though it is completely cool and well ventilated(also i dont think the fan is running). so it shuts off with red light flashing on power button
    for about another 5 minutes. i turn it back on as soon as the red light stops flashing and the same thing happens again, and again, and again, and again, until finally on the 5th try while the red light is flashing and it is shut off suddenly the fan turns
    on and then when i start it it will stay on until i decide to turn it off myself

:)

ZdrunkenmasterZ, Dec 20, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 Slim Making A Loud Buzzing Noise

As soon as I turn on my xbox 360 slim it starts make a really loud buzzing noise.

It doesn't stop until I turn it off.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

MeowItsBrittany, Dec 20, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 Slim Power Supply overheating problems.

I don't really know why it would start overheating all of a sudden, especially after only one year. My Xbox Slim also used to overheat a lot, then I bought a Nyko Xbox cooling fan, which is a sort of device that you place your Xbox on top of that automatically
    turns on a fan that blows cool air throughout the unit as soon as it starts to detect temperature rises. It's a pretty cheap device that's sold at Target, Walmart, and other electronic retailers. If you don't feel like doing that, you can always just find
    a fan in your house and point it at the vents on the side of the unit. Hope I helped, good luck!

Sykotic Samurai, Dec 20, 2014
  4. Cthoms81
    Cthoms81 Guest

360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

Best thing is to call 1-800-4MYXBOX and speak with hardware they can help you fix it

Cthoms81, Dec 20, 2014
  5. Cthoms81 Win User

360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to start up)

Best thing is to call 1-800-4MYXBOX and speak with hardware they can help you fix it
  6. Mythic xSagex Win User

LOCKED: Xbox constantly overheating

Im assuming you have a older xbox 360 console? (Not the slim)

If so.

You play it for 5 minutes and then it overheats.

Turn the console around so you can see the back. Turn it on and am a flashlight at the fan holes. You should see 2 fans spinning. If not, you need a repair.

If you are on the slim. Aim a flashlight at the top where the fan is. You should see 1 fan spinning

If your fans are working then:

Your heatsinks are not working correctly. This cannot be fixed w/o opening the console witch would
    void any repair Microsoft will do and possibly get you Console banned from Xbox live.

From my guess, Your Thermal paste on the heatsinks is not correctly set.

DO NOT ATTEMPT A REPAIR YOURSELF.
  7. TioMarc Win User

Xbox losing signal help

error process: 1 - I turn on the console 2 - start some game 3 - 15 to 20 min of play 4 - screen goes black for a few minutes 5 - I return to the game normally but without any kind of sound
  8. XIIV KING VIIX Win User

From Dust overheating my console

I have same problem.. no dust hase plenty of room and even hase a fan next to it.... i have even timed it around 15 minutes from start then it overheats. mine is not a slim and the problem is only with From dust
  9. CeR4 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps shutting off

I’m having This exact same problem every time I start up the outer worlds or exo flight my Xbox turns off says overheat but I’ll barely be 5 min into it and it turns off but I can play apex legends ranked for 14 hours a day straight and nothing happens to the Xbox. I even factory reset the Xbox did everything they said and it still won’t work. **** Microsoft
Thema:

1. 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ... - Similar Threads - 360 Slim overheats

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  10. xbox 360 slim turns on off randomly without overheat

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim turns on off randomly without overheat: Hi I just cant find an answer to this the xbox just make the beep sound the r2d2 sound because is the star wars edition, it sounds as if i where touching the eject disc sometimes other times the...