360 slim network card model, what’s the difference?

Discus and support 360 slim network card model, what’s the difference? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Pretty technical question here: So I’ve already gone through two replacement network cards, one didn’t last an hour before it stopped picking up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chad ., Sep 4, 2023.

1. Chad .
    Chad . Guest

Pretty technical question here: So I’ve already gone through two replacement network cards, one didn’t last an hour before it stopped picking up wireless networks. The free replacement under the warranty lasted a few hours while I had the console on then the next time I went to fire it back up it immediately gave the same indication that this network card also failed.

Before anyone is quick to state the obvious, no I will not be running a 100 some foot Ethernet cable across the house and relocation is even less of an option, not happening.

Through the research I’ve done, but still can’t entirely find out, I learned there’s two different model network cards, 1488 and 1400; the original one that is no good is a 1488. Both replacements i received and are now no good too, are 1400’s.

My question is this, is there any real difference functionality wise between 1400 and 1488? Is one upgraded essentially, or are they just simply designated for specific models and work exactly the same?

The eBay seller that makes their own replacements, judging by the Chinese letters on one of the labels, swears they are the same and they test each one before they send them out. I questioned how they go about that.

Anyways, I’m having a hard time finding a good new 1488 if they’re designated for specific 360 models.

:)

Chad ., Sep 4, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

As was stated by the other moderator, there is no discussion of self repair, which was continued after she said this
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

You will need to find a 360 wireless adapter if you don't want to locate you console closer to a router, or run a cable over to it.

Even though the console is no longer supported, there is still no discussion of self repair in these forums.
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

XBOX LIVE SIGNUP ISN'T AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER

it looks like your using a wireless connection. Do you have one of the older 360 models or one of the new slim models. The reason why I ask is because if you have one of the older model 360 console's you will need the wireless network adapter in or to use
    a wireless connection. If you have one of the newer slim models then the network adapter is built into the console.
  5. colin jpf Win User

How to recover an old Xbox profile Xbox 360

Its xbox 360 bought a slim different hard dives but all my game data is on the other model
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 elite

The Elite is a discontinued Xbox 360 Model. The current console is the Slim. There are three models of the Slim, the 4GB, 250GB and 320GB. The 320GB hard drives are 'special edition' machines, such as the Star Wars and Halo 4 320GB consoles.

Other than the storage sizes, there are no technical differences between these consoles.
Thema:

1. 360 slim network card model, what’s the difference? - Similar Threads - 360 slim network

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. 360 Slim doesn’t pick up any nearby networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim doesn’t pick up any nearby networks: Hello, Seems like my 360 slim now has the pretty common network card failure. Update: now even with an external network adapter, the 360 says there’s no wireless networks, and there is no...
  4. Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network: basically what the title says I have been trying to connect to my xbox 360 slim to the internet to download my old profile from xbox live however I cannot connect to my wireless network. Every...
  5. 360 Slim network connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim network connection issue: Hi, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves. [img] [img] Haven’t done my homework to determine if the latency and ping are the same, but my isp usually has me at 200mbps down, 11up & mid...
  6. 360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.: Hello. I have connected to the internet a lot on this 360 in the past, and now it doesn't connect to the internet. I do the test but it ends right at the start, and says its unable to connect to...
  7. Copy Xbox slim 360 games into Nas network drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Copy Xbox slim 360 games into Nas network drive: Hey Is there any way to copy all my xbox 360 console hard disk games into my home network NAS drive. Rdgs KSF 42a38342-792d-489c-9423-508aec0df6b9
  8. Can't connect to my home network on xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to my home network on xbox 360 slim: Hi. My xbox hasn't been able to connect to any network or anything for about a month now. I've moved it to a couple different places in my house with no help. The network works just fine and I...
  9. Xbox 360 slim connects to router (network) but not internet?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim connects to router (network) but not internet?!: I have been using the same xbox for 3 years and ive never had this problem. About a week or two i turned on my xbox like usual and said if i wanted to connect to Xbox Live (usually it connects to...
  10. My Xbox 360 Slim can find my wireless network but it won't connect to it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim can find my wireless network but it won't connect to it.: It worked yesterday but when I tried to connect to it last night it wouldn't connect. Then this morning I tried to connect it again and again it didn't work. I have no idea what's wrong with it...