360 Slim E 4GB stuck in update loop and wont connect to live due to this. Help please.

Discus and support 360 Slim E 4GB stuck in update loop and wont connect to live due to this. Help please. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have done everything on the support site to troubleshoot this. I have cleared cache, reset router, reset xbox network settings, attempted to install... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tron Chief, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Tron Chief
    Tron Chief Guest

360 Slim E 4GB stuck in update loop and wont connect to live due to this. Help please.

I have done everything on the support site to troubleshoot this. I have cleared cache, reset router, reset xbox network settings, attempted to install download from CDR and a properly formatted USB. I have rolled back the update with the LB, RB, X method.
    Nothing is helping. The console has plenty of storage available. Phone support is no help. They want me to send my console in for $100 to get it fixed. I bought this console 11 months ago but cannot locate my receipt so Microsoft is refusing to repair
    under the 1 year warranty. I understand I lost my receipt and its my fault but this really upsets me. If anyone can help it would be truly appreciated. Here are the status codes and the model.

Its a 360 Slim E 4 gig Model. I have a 16 gig USB drive hooked into it.

Status Code is 42FC-0000-0080-0300-8007-045D

I took my 320 gig HD out of my other slim and put it in and it gave me error code 42FC-42FE-1600-267F-C000-0185. When I put my hard drive from my other slim into it the update got further. It downloaded and error'd out when trying to install.

I cannot afford to get this repaired as I am on a tight budget after retiring from 22 years of active duty military service. I really wish Microsoft would honor the 1 year warranty but as stated I accept responsibility for losing the receipt. Any help
    resolving this issue would be truly appreciated as this is my daughters console. Thank you and God Bless.

:)

Tron Chief, Mar 31, 2015
  2. STATUSE CODE

Hey, My Xbox 360 is stuck in an update loop and i cant figure out how to fix it, i updated it with dead island and my "status code" is 1315-351F-B800-0F00-C000-00334

PLEASE HELP ME

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS L: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

ScarceBinkie28, Mar 31, 2015
  3. Caught in a dang loop

I am stuck in a dang loop on my xbox 360, anytime I try to do anything it says I have to download an update, but it fails saying cannot connect to xbox live. and of course, cannot connect to xbox live without doing the update. how am I suppose to resolve
    this. also, guess my kid deleted the profiles, and of course will not let me create a new profile or download one because the update will not download because cannot connect to xbox live??? help!

WaywornDig81640, Mar 31, 2015
  4. Tron Chief
    Tron Chief Guest

Forgot to mention I have tried with a wired and wireless connection.

Tron Chief, Mar 31, 2015
  5. Tron Chief
    Tron Chief Guest
    Anyone? There has to be someway to fix this without paying 100

Tron Chief, Apr 3, 2015
  6. Any luck with this yet? I'm having same issue and will be working on it tonight. One thing a lot of people on here seemed to have sucess with is click "no" when it asks you if you want the update and then go and test your network connection. After it has
    successfully tested your connection it will prompt you for the update again, click yes then. Let me know if that helps or if you found something that worked?

Thank you for your service.

ablackenedrose, Apr 6, 2015
  7. Tron Chief
    Tron Chief Guest
    ablackendrose: Ive tried that and it still didn't work. It seems as though the 4 gig memory has corrupted files that cannot be removed through a format. Have you had any luck?

Tron Chief, Apr 10, 2015
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings Tron Chief!

Does your consoles internal flash memory shows as "Unformatted"?

taidara, Apr 10, 2015
  9. Tron Chief
    Tron Chief Guest
    taidara, it shows only 120 meg free but when you look at it there is nothing on it. When I tried to install he update the first time it error'd out and I couldn't do anything with the console. I then tried to roll back the update with the bumper x combo,
    formatted internal memory and attempted to do it again. I have had no luck what so ever. I have tried everything on the official Microsoft post and nothing. Thank you for posting the question.

Tron Chief, Apr 13, 2015
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Can you try update your daughters console with a USB flash drive, configured for use with the Xbox 360. The USB flash drive has to be FAT32 formatted.

Make sure you don't have any hard drive attached to the console, and try (once again) to format the internal flash memory, but before you do so, clear its system cache three times in a row.

With your console turned off, plug in the USB flash drive (FAT32 formatted) and start the console.

Let me know how this goes.

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  11. taidara Win User

Can you try update your daughters console with a USB flash drive, configured for use with the Xbox 360. The USB flash drive has to be FAT32 formatted.

Make sure you don't have any hard drive attached to the console, and try (once again) to format the internal flash memory, but before you do so, clear its system cache three times in a row.

With your console turned off, plug in the USB flash drive (FAT32 formatted) and start the console.

Let me know how this goes.
  12. Tron Chief Win User

taidara, it shows only 120 meg free but when you look at it there is nothing on it. When I tried to install he update the first time it error'd out and I couldn't do anything with the console. I then tried to roll back the update with the bumper x combo,
    formatted internal memory and attempted to do it again. I have had no luck what so ever. I have tried everything on the official Microsoft post and nothing. Thank you for posting the question.
  13. Tron Chief Win User

ablackendrose: Ive tried that and it still didn't work. It seems as though the 4 gig memory has corrupted files that cannot be removed through a format. Have you had any luck?
  14. Tron Chief Win User

Forgot to mention I have tried with a wired and wireless connection.
  15. taidara Win User

Greetings Tron Chief!

Does your consoles internal flash memory shows as "Unformatted"?
Thema:

1. 360 Slim E 4GB stuck in update loop and wont connect to live due to this. Help please. - Similar Threads - 360 Slim 4GB

2. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  3. nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...: Dobry den, nedari se mi aktualizovat xbox 360. zkousel jsem to i pres flash disk, ale porad to pise chybu "Can´t update your console". Na konzoli sviti zelene svetlo uprostred a ovladac blika....
  4. Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games: I recently got hold of an Xbox 360 slim, the model that comes with the kinect and the 4GB flash memory. Obviously, that's not nearly enough space, so I ran out and bought an official 320GB HDD...
  5. xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados: tengo xbox slim de 4gb y cuando voy a eliminar los archivos dañados los elimina y cuando reinicio están ahí. no se actualiza y por ende no conecta a xbox live . no se que hacer, no deja...
  6. 4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet: I have a 4gb 360 Slim console it will not update or go on live it will connect to the internet but not update or connect to live. Console had only the 4gb and no other Hard Drive when I bought it...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure: Hi all, Recently I got an old version but unpacked and so still new XBOX 360 Slim with 4GB. Right after the unpacking and starting with the first instalation process I got to the problem I was...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format: Topic basically says it all. Me and my husband went and bought a white Xbox 360 Slim 4GB from one of those rental stores. (Like rent to own) and got it home. It works fine, plays games fine....
  9. Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...: I'm at a loss to figure why cloud drive not syncing to open my GTA 5 online files. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. After 3rd update to Xbox live that's when I started receiving error...
  10. Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB: Hi everyone. I own a 4GB Xbox360 Slim and I wanted to buy a Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB to use it as an external memory. Does it work good? a1803c30-226b-434d-b5b2-fcebca832053