360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.

Discus and support 360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a 360 for $50 from a friend of mine, it has a non-stock fan inside which was put in by the owner before my friend, meaning he took it apart... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoMoney2O14, Apr 15, 2014.

1. MoMoney2O14
    MoMoney2O14 Guest

I bought a 360 for $50 from a friend of mine, it has a non-stock fan inside which was put in by the owner before my friend, meaning he took it apart far before I did, and I have taken it apart too so I'm not worried about that. My friend owned it for a while
    before deciding he wanted a new one and sold me his. When he had it, the disc tray apparently had no problem opening (according to him). But since I've had it, it hardly ever opens on it's own. I usually have to tap the plastic shell on the console repeated
    times for it to open, and then when it does open the lighs around the power button on the console flash continuously until the tray closes by itself 5-10 seconds later. I tried blowing it out with compressed air with no luck, and I'll be replacing the fan
    with a quieter one in the next few days so if i can find a solution to this before I take it apart, then I can fix it all at once.

:)

MoMoney2O14, Apr 15, 2014
  2. JAYWES73
    JAYWES73 Guest
    X Box 360 Disc Tray

My 360 Tray automatically closes after I open it to place a disc in it, it stays open while the green light blinks for about 4 seconds then closes by itself how do I fix this?e

JAYWES73, Apr 15, 2014
  3. What's going on?

It's almost as if my Xbox 360 Slim is possessed by a ghost. It makes the noise, the "ding", like when you touch it to turn it off or pop open a disc when nothing touches it. When I go to see if the disc tray will open, I put my finger over the button that
    is supposed to make it pop open, but it won't work; it won't even make the sounds. About a minute after is dings by itself, the console completely shuts down.

Solutions?

DagnabbitDaniel, Apr 15, 2014
  4. 360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.

I think your friend lied to you about the disk tray problem. Since the console has been opened up already Microsoft cannot help you.

Personally I never really had issues when I take apart stuff (Computer Science Student, PC Gamer, etc etc) but personally I think you should get your money back.

The Geeky Panda, Apr 15, 2014
  5. The Geeky Panda Win User

I think your friend lied to you about the disk tray problem. Since the console has been opened up already Microsoft cannot help you.

Personally I never really had issues when I take apart stuff (Computer Science Student, PC Gamer, etc etc) but personally I think you should get your money back.
  6. B0mber1994 Win User

Xbox 360 S problem

the disc tray opens normally, but during I play the xbox return to dashborad itself and you see the words "opening in progress", that pretends to open the disc tray, but is not so.
  7. PhilMarck Win User

Question about the new Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Slim (as it is normally called) has a touchpad sensor for the ON/OFF button and Open/Close disc tray, this might cut down some costs, probably not much.
  8. Wired profile Win User

Xbox 360 Slim - Piece of Crap Hardware

A flashing green light? This means the disc tray is opening and/or closing. Unless you ment to say a flashing Red light which means the Xbox 360 Slim is overheating.
  9. Jedi Hunter Win User

Flashing Green Light

I have a Xbox 360 Slim that I purchased about a year ago. The disk tray open and closes, but it is having a hard time reading any disc. When I turn my console off the disk tray will open. I will try and change wall sockets and unplug and replug my power
    supply cables.
Thema:

1. 360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself. - Similar Threads - 360 slim disc

2. Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.: Recently my Xbox has been temperamental about what it runs. Currently it only runs Music CD's and on the occasion a game. Although, it does not read the games from start-up. Whenever it recognizes...
  3. xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically: Hello maybe someone here on this blog have an idea what i can do, besides from going to an hardware store please :) so my xbox 360 slim turns on normally then the green lights flash continuously...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...: Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on screen but does nothing. I have not modified the drive or changed it in anyway it is the original disc drive. I have no...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?: I turned on my 360 slim the other day and saw that the center light was blinking. The tray wouldnt open. I know about the yellow slot on the side and opened it using that and put a game in. But...
  6. xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems: Hi, im having a problem with my xbox 360 slim. This is probably the best console i have ever had, and i knew sometime a problem had to appear. Everything started when i bought the red dead...
  7. Disc issues on 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc issues on 360 Slim: I purchased a refurbished 360 Slim on Newegg two years ago. Recently, it started having issues where it wouldn't read any discs in drive. I took it to a place who claimed to be an authorized...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working: Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close,...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working: Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close,...
  10. xbox 360 slim disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive: So ive had this problem before with the same console and it is now out of warranty is there anyway around this problem that doesn't involve sending it to Microsoft as i know this would be...