360 power button red then console turns off

Discus and support 360 power button red then console turns off in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by daniel linderkamp, Feb 14, 2024.

1. 360 power button red then console turns off

360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off

:)

daniel linderkamp, Feb 14, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

That's the red light of death indicating hardware failure

Xbox 360 is no longer repaired, so you'll need to replace or upgrade it

Keep in mind the youngest Xbox 360 are coming up on a decade old
  3. Kiesey Win User

Question on slim fan and overheating

4. colllecionador Win User

one red ring

For one Red Ring, please check this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../one-flashinglight

Solutions:

Solution 1: Disconnect and reconnect all cables

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.

2. Unplug all memory units, controllers, and accessories from your console.

3. Unplug everything from the back of your console, including power and video cables.

4. Turn on your console.

If the power button of your Xbox 360 console still flashes one red light, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Remove the hard drive

To see whether the problem involves the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, temporarily remove the hard disk drive and turn on the console.

If these steps resolve the issue, reattach the hard drive to verify that the error occurs only when your Xbox 360 Hard Drive is connected.

If the power button of your Xbox 360 console still flashes one red light, try the next solution.

Solution 3: Disconnect memory units or USB flash drives

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.

2. Unplug any memory units or USB flash drives attached to your console.

3. Turn on the console.

If these steps resolve the problem, reattach the memory unit or USB flash drive to make sure the error occurs only when it is connected. If this is true, order a replacement memory unit or use another USB flash drive.

If the power button of your Xbox 360 console still flashes one red light, request a repair.
  5. Angatar Win User

Xbox 360 S won't stay on

No red light. It's orange before I press the button, turns green when power is on, then it turns orange when the xbox powers off.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

HELLO my xbox 360 to a problem of red light remains lit in fixed. Help

Thema:

1. 360 power button red then console turns off - Similar Threads - 360 power button

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  4. Xbox 360 S Power Button pressing by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Power Button pressing by itself.: This has been happening for 2 days now and it’s really aggravating. I have tried cleaning and wiping off the buttons. And it always happens 10-60 seconds after I turn on the console....
  5. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  7. Xbox 360 error code E 74 power button flashes only once

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 error code E 74 power button flashes only once: Xbox 360 power button flashes only once and then I get a error E 74 07a1110f-c70f-491f-97e8-ebfcd5854bc2
  8. XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button: Hi. Our XBox 360 S does not turn on. Instead of the green solid light after pushing the power button, the green light turns to a solid red light. As it does not turn on apparently, no...
  9. Xbox 360 Blinking red on half of power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Blinking red on half of power button: So my xbox that I’ve had for years, but haven’t touched for like 3 years i finally got it out of storage and plugged it in and everything is set up correctly, but whenever I try to turn it on the...
  10. XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button: When I attempt to turn on my Xbox 360 S, the green light in the middle of the power button almost immediately turns from green to red, and nothing appears on the TV screen. At first, I thought it...