360 games won't start on Xbox One

Discus and support 360 games won't start on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to play Portal 2 on my Xbox One but it's coming up with an error when I click on the game icon to run/install it. The error says "Something... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fairyfly Kisses, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 360 games won't start on Xbox One

I'm trying to play Portal 2 on my Xbox One but it's coming up with an error when I click on the game icon to run/install it.

The error says "Something went wrong. Give it another try. If this happens again, go to xbox.com/xboxone/multiplayerchat for troubleshooting help. (0x80190193)"

Multiplayer chat shouldn't have anything to do with Portal but maybe I'm stupid. I've done a factory reset on my Xbox and it still won't work. I have also checked my other 360 games and it's still coming up with this error message.

I'm at my wit's end, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:)

Fairyfly Kisses, Jan 21, 2020
  2. ttttubby Win User

I was able to get it working. I put the disc in then went to Portal 2 in the Xbox store and installed it from there. I made sure to have it install on the internal hard drive to prevent any issue from that. It works just fine now and I'll do that
    for my other games when I get around to playing them.
    For what its worth. You should now be able to install to either external or internal drive now that the outage is behind us.
  3. Balistic Chick Win User

Xbox was having some issues today with people accessing purchased items, this may have been affected by that problem
  4. QUEENMISFITS Win User

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/backward-compatibility/troubleshoot-playing-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one

Have you tried this
  5. Fairyfly Kisses Win User

I was able to get it working. I put the disc in then went to Portal 2 in the Xbox store and installed it from there. I made sure to have it install on the internal hard drive to prevent any issue from that. It works just fine now and I'll do that for my
    other games when I get around to playing them.
  6. GammerThumbs Win User

Xbox One games won't start, but Xbox 360 ones will

Have you tried taking it back? If not contact xbox support as the xbox is under warranty
Thema:

1. 360 games won't start on Xbox One - Similar Threads - 360 games won't

2. 360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live: Reset re downloaded game will continue to not connect to Xbox live on Xbox series x have 1gb internet and no issues with connection or Xbox f83858bd-4e88-4096-b549-7ae68716e635
  3. Xbox 360 game won't download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 game won't download: I bought Silent Hill HD collection for the Xbox 360 and I tried to download it to my Xbox 360 from the market place but it won't install after 79% and brings up a message saying that the game...
  4. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...
  5. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  6. My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...: My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do **** but will play my newer games but none of the 360 and I've tried everything what the heck I can't get it...
  7. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  8. When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live: I downloaded a couple of games from Game Pass to play (in this instance Fallout 3 & New Vegas) When I go through the process of booting them up, it gets to the section asking to download my...
  9. xbox 360 game disc won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 game disc won't load: It starts to load and then the dashboard reverts to 'open tray'. Any help? dda8b275-ca0d-484b-9abc-e9ab2fba7161
  10. Xbox Series S won't download Xbox 360 profile for any games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series S won't download Xbox 360 profile for any games?: Hello, I've been having this issue for about a few months now and haven't figured out how to rectify it at all. The main issue is that the 360 emulator seems to be in the original update for the...