360 disc drive wont read games

Discus and support 360 disc drive wont read games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SargentDynamit8, Jun 29, 2020.

1. 360 disc drive wont read games

The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the infamous red ring and was very faults machine. A technical flaw that only few electronics could ever have such
    reputation. The issues were the following.

The machine shuts down randomly
    The disc drive refuse to read disc, sometimes it does read but refuse to play to games that are clean. The console always said disc unreadable or open tray. This happened also when during gameplay
    The console even damaged and destroyed game disc.
    The console disc tray won’t open
    The console is very noisy, I had to play games loud to compensate for it. When boot up the console and games it make a lot of noise and often continues to so do in game.
    The console shuts the game down for no reason.
    The disc tray can’t move or close fully
    Doesn’t connect to the Xbox live automaticity or manually

Its slow and unresponsive UI

errors popping up
    red ring
    code not redeemed

Xbox 360 consoles never preformed well and I can understand why it had the reputation it did. Xbox 360 is a console that has ages poorly as time goes. Its was such a mess and yet it them so long to replace the machine with new model that actually work. A
    model they could have replaced.

I test many times and follow instruction through Xbox website and tech support. But in the end it didn't work and need repair or replacement. I contact MS and I explain the issue and told them what I did to fix it and said it need to be fixed or replaced.
    However Microsoft said no. I ask for answers, they refuse. They gave me no answer. I ask for solution, they said no, I ask for free console replacement they said no. Its was made to be time wasting and pointless. MS could have simply said yes and provide the
    console. It make since how faulty the machine was and that replacing it common. In fact the failure rate of the console was 68% in 2008. I would get the console for free and continue to use Xbox.

Microsoft built a faulty machine. Knew about and made fake 3 year warranty. Did nothing to fix my console and its common issues. Did not compensate. Make fake promise , lied to me. They have let me down and they had to be stubborn and not help many people
    who have these problems. I am very angry on how MS handled faulty 360 all other nuisance the console has charging for Xbox live, require gold to use apps, some model missing features, metro UI, pay for disc replacement, pay for console, pay for, charging for
    content, weak exclusives. Their action and attitude has result me and many people to move away from Xbox, that explain it. I'm sure plenty of player still enjoy Xbox but not me, not anymore.

:)

SargentDynamit8, Jun 29, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. RamsterNL Win User

I’m sorry you had some bad experience with playing on a Xbox console, known that consoles can fail on us, it only happens to a few of us and the general people won’t have any troubles playing for years and years without any problem.
  3. SargentDynamit8 Win User

Microsoft made a faulty machine that as red ring. How can you defend that. The company was so anti consumer. remember 2013 Xbox one reveal always online, no used games, renting, borrowing, no BC till later . The same company that require gold for app really
    show how MS doesn't care what customer and fans want, later they got rid of all these awful decision but the damage is done. And that still exist on how stubborn and horrible they handle the red ring. Many people still use 360 and other may going to get one
    and have to deal with this. And the insult to say buy another of 360 its so broken. It took so long for new model to arrive,

If they want to put on damage control mode, then why not improve on customer support with usefully advice and action that help player and give what they want. Not pander customer like cash cows “ buy another one” like there reading off a script, that how
    robotic and fake they are. repeating themselves over like they have nothing to actually give but lies and false hope. and This is Microsoft. They make billions a year from gaming alone. They can give away free replacement for sack of ease and no frustration.
    Could have offered me warranty extension.

they think the matter is over when really isn’t not. MS has set rules and guideline for customer support to follow. I hear they don’t have the power to provide free console replacement, though some agreed I should have. So ms did this on purpose. To limit
    customer support to nothing more that reading the script and telling what page of website there need to go. That not what they said, I feel it every time. And this was the same from the start. That why customer has to buy the console twice trice and more that
    is comparable to ps3 launch price. Microsoft want to monetize Xbox as much as possible and people hated it.

Because MS didn't care and that they they leave. Look at its total units sales. 85 million 360 were sold. But how many were a person buy twice or more due to red ring, about third of Xbox 360 unit sales were broken bricked machines. So the 360 is last place
    compare to WII and PS3. Xbox never won.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hi SargentDynamit8,

I would like to remind to follow our Xbox Forum Guidelines.

Failure to follow these guidelines could mean some bad things and in some cases, an offense is extremely severe or high in number that it warrants further action outside the scope of a simple forum suspension.

By participating in the Forums you agree to the Usage Guidelines (outlined below), the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and Code of Conduct, and the Xbox.com Terms of Use and Notices; all of which can be found via the following links:

Xbox LIVE Terms of Use: http://www.xbox.com/Legal/LiveTOU

Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct: http://www.xbox.com/Legal/CodeOfConduct

Xbox.com Terms of Use: http://www.xbox.com/legal/xboxComTOU
  5. I am Remisis Win User

My xbox one will only read certain discs...

It wil read dvds and some of my xbox one games. Blu rays wont play at all. Sometimes it takes few tries of putting the disc in and taking it out but eventually it works or atleast it used to. I inserted titanfall 2 and it started right up. Ill try an xbox
    360 game in the morning. I can hear the disc drive trying to read to the disc but eventually it stops. Ill report my issue to the insider club as well. Hurry up with the scorpio already and i wont have this issue ;)
  6. I xDisRuPT I Win User

disc drive wont read games

Are they even aware of the issue iv not been able to find anything from them themselfs saying that its due to the update from the beta program.Just want some proof that they are aware of it and are going to be fixing it
Thema:

1. 360 disc drive wont read games - Similar Threads - 360 disc drive

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright

in XBoX on Windows
    why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright: My xbox 360 disc drive sometimes get's stuck when upright and does not when sideways. Also when I leave a disc inside my xbox disc drive does not get stuck. Does anyone have any idea why this...
  4. Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...: Hi everyone, I have an Xbox 360 Slim console that I had just replaced the disc drive in (the tray broke in the last one). The problem I am having with it is that when I insert a game disc, the...
  5. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs: My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc...
  6. XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected: Took apart a 360 with E-64 issue. Really clean virgin unit (stickers were still in place). Yet getting E-64 which points me to disc drive. Had another set of the power cords - no joy (still E-64)....
  7. Xbox 360 S Disc Drive Loud Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Disc Drive Loud Noise: I purchased an Xbox 360 S and recently have noticed when I play the following games: Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, Madden 13, and Halo Reach, the drive gets louder and i can hear what sounds like...
  8. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  9. Issues with xbox 360 disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with xbox 360 disc drive: So me and my brother were trying to figure out what was wrong with our xbox 360 disc drive, because it took multiple attempts to get it to read discs and we had to beat it up to finally get it...
  10. xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically: Hello maybe someone here on this blog have an idea what i can do, besides from going to an hardware store please :) so my xbox 360 slim turns on normally then the green lights flash continuously...