360 Can't Read Game Disk

Discus and support 360 Can't Read Game Disk in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A few months ago I bought all three Fable games from a used game store, and they were in excellent condition. I went home and put the first game in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EinTural, Feb 4, 2014.

1. EinTural
    EinTural Guest

360 Can't Read Game Disk

A few months ago I bought all three Fable games from a used game store, and they were in excellent condition. I went home and put the first game in the disk tray and shut it. At first it required an update for the game, but during that time for some reason
    my Xbox wouldn't connect to live, so after it kept failing the download I just left the Xbox stay for a few months (school started back up and gaming was set aside). Recently while reorganizing my room I decided to start up the Xbox again and let it gather
    updates I missed after months of not being used. After all the updates, I tried to play Fable, but it keeps coming up with an error message saying,

"The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."

I did the thing where I went through the marketplace cache to clear it out, and there wasn't any active downloads listed. I don't want to go and buy the game on the Marketplace since I already bought a physical copy of the game. My guess is that something
    happened with the console since it kept disconnecting from the internet months ago, and somehow messed up and thought the game update was already downloaded. Has anyone else had this problem, and can I have some help? The disk is scratch free and it did ask
    for an update to the game when I first got it, so I'm going to guess that it is readable.

:)

EinTural, Feb 4, 2014
  2. Toad 004
    Toad 004 Guest
    backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?

Toad 004, Feb 4, 2014
  3. Arkham Asylum Unreconized Disk

My copy of Batman Arkham Asylum was playing and fine and now it wont read the disk. It is noisy trying to read the disk now and then says "Unreconized Disk". Ay other 360 games seem to read fine though.

RedMoogleXIII, Feb 4, 2014
  4. DGYT
    DGYT Guest

360 Can't Read Game Disk

Try renting a copy from your local redbox / mom and pop video store. If it reads that , your copy is just defective and you can rectify this by installing the rented copy to your HDD.

-

Keep us updated on the issue.

DGYT, Feb 6, 2014
  5. Toad 004 Win User

backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?
  6. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Disk Can't be read

7. Daniel6591 Win User

Finally some good news for xbox rumors, no DRM, plays used games and more

I wonder why they just can't make the next xbox be able to read 360 disks. Is it because of the different chip that they are using? This is assuming that the rumors turn out to be true.
  8. Qwertei Win User

Backward Compatibility Issues

Hey there on 360 that option isn't available to forcefully install the disk. You can install the disk but it's not required it will read the disk and if it encounters an error it'll crash the game and send you to the dash / home.
  9. Highwind Remix Win User

troubleshooting disk reader

"360 is not reading the disk" sorry
Thema:

360 Can't Read Game Disk

1. 360 Can't Read Game Disk - Similar Threads - 360 Can't Read

2. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  4. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  5. Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs: Hi, whenever I tried inserting a Xbox 360 game disc (that's backwards compatible on Xbox One) into the console, it doesn't read the disc. My screen is just blank. Not even a prompt shows up to...
  6. Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC.: Hi everyone, This ominous evening, I decided to look at my saved files on the Xbox 360 HDD using my PC. I connected it, didn't restore it and left it on "RAW". I opened FATXplorer to see the...
  7. Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc: Suddenly my xbox one stopped to read xbox 360 disc. When i insert the 360 disc it start to spin for 1second and it stop like there's no power to spin the heavy disc but when i insert xbox one disc...
  8. My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games: Yes, my xbox 1 s wont read 360 disc, it works on my older xbox 1, but not on either of my 1 s Just brings up blue ray player and say wrong disc type, the one s does play xbox 1 games and DVD just...
  9. Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games: Hey, I wanna play CoD: MW2 but my One X doesn't read any of my old 360 games. Xbox One Games, DVD's, BluRays are working, but no 360 game. I'm on the Xbox One Update Preview Beta Version:...
  10. retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One): Hi huys ! I have a problem with my Xbox One, when i put a CD of a Xbox 360 game one my Xbox One (he is compatible ...) the blue-ray reader gets started and an error message appears. I can't...