360 Auto-shutdown feature - advice needed

Discus and support 360 Auto-shutdown feature - advice needed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, This is a bit of a "non-issue" but I'd be interested in a solution none the less. I have the Auto-Shutdown feature enabled and set to 1 hour.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alex_ncfc, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Alex_ncfc
    Alex_ncfc Guest

Hi all,

This is a bit of a "non-issue" but I'd be interested in a solution none the less.

I have the Auto-Shutdown feature enabled and set to 1 hour. If I leave my 360 on whilst downstairs or whatever, if I come back over an hour later, it will have shut down. Which is obviously good. But I like to leave the Xbox on with music to go to sleep
    to through the 360 YouTube app. The first time I did this, I had the shutdown timer set to 1 hour and also my TV sleep timer set to 1 hour - when I woke in the morning both were off, which is what I wanted. But now when I try this my TV goes off but my 360
    never shuts down. If I wake in the night it will still be whirring and making noise! Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks

:)

Alex_ncfc, Dec 11, 2014
  2. New idea to get rid of hackers.

DDOS is correct, but depending on the booter type, they can actually send so many packets to the host's router that does an auto-shutdown feature.

DEVILDOG USMC 4, Dec 11, 2014
  3. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Auto Shutdown

Hey there amitso! Did you give those steps that Mister Fizzle posted a shot? If so, let us know how they went and we'll work with you from there! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Dec 11, 2014
  4. Damxh
    Damxh Guest

Settings>Console settings>Auto downloads>off

Settings>Console settings>Startup and Shutdown>Auto-off>1 hour

Should work

Damxh, Dec 11, 2014
  5. Damxh Win User

Settings>Console settings>Auto downloads>off

Settings>Console settings>Startup and Shutdown>Auto-off>1 hour

Should work
  6. DEVILDOG USMC 4 Win User

New idea to get rid of hackers.

DDOS is correct, but depending on the booter type, they can actually send so many packets to the host's router that does an auto-shutdown feature.
  7. AridLizard Win User

Overheating

I regularly left my One S on for over a week when I was playing a lot of FH4. as long as you have good ventilation and turn off the auto shutdown features it shouldn't be a problem.

you might need a wired controller to prevent the controller turning off and pausing the game
  8. amitso Win User

Auto Shutdown

It shuts down automatically, when it is running i can hear beep randomly, also it automatically start after 3-4 minuts
  9. Mister Cerb Win User

Auto Shutdown

Hey there amitso! Did you give those steps that Mister Fizzle posted a shot? If so, let us know how they went and we'll work with you from there! ^_^
Thema:

1. 360 Auto-shutdown feature - advice needed - Similar Threads - 360 Auto shutdown

2. Inaccessible DLC Grid 2 Auto sport on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inaccessible DLC Grid 2 Auto sport on 360: Howdy Gamers! The DLC in question is called The Peak Performance Car Pack. It is the main DLC to race Grid Online and offers a variety of cars to race online and offline throughout GRIDS World...
  3. XBOX 360 s Auto off when loading the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 s Auto off when loading the game: My Xbox 360 s having an issue with auto off while loading the game. so far I played sniper ghost warrior and Halo 3. when the game start loading , when the introduction video starting and more...
  4. I thought this was a public build issue, but Auto HDR isn't working for any 360 game also...

in XboX Insiders
    I thought this was a public build issue, but Auto HDR isn't working for any 360 game also...: By the way, there are YouTube videos of Red Dead Redemption 1 running in HDR on Series X. Is it working just for some people?! Or some TVs?! Please, what's going on? submitted by...
  5. Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working in 360 games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. It's...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working in 360 games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. It's...: This feature works for all Xbox One games. It is enabled in settings. By the way, is there any place where I can force enable or disable Auto HDR in specific games?! submitted by...
  6. Grand theft auto 4 Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand theft auto 4 Xbox 360: Is there any ways you can skip levels as cant pass a few 2a20c4e7-dce8-4958-9831-08f75eaf3e08
  7. Grand theft auto 4 Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand theft auto 4 Xbox 360: Is there any cheats for the snow storm mission cant seem to pass this mission a370bcbf-a8a5-4f61-8316-63332dfb5b11
  8. Is it possible to save progress in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Xbox 360 Version when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to save progress in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Xbox 360 Version when...: I was curious if I take over one or two territory's in GTA San Andreas then save my game will it save or not since it's a mobile ported version? Because I noticed unless it's a main mission GTA...
  9. Why do save points in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for Xbox 360 not work like they do in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do save points in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for Xbox 360 not work like they do in...: I know it's a mobile ported game for the Xbox 360 version but everytime I save it saves my game but never actually brings me to the exact spot I saved the game. Example : Inside a house you buy....
  10. Auto signed out on launching world of tanks on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Auto signed out on launching world of tanks on 360: As the title says, upon launching WoT on 360, I am disconnected from live, and gives me an error after trying to sign back in. The moment I go back to home, I am reconnected to Live. Wargaming...