343 - What needs to change

Discus and support 343 - What needs to change in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Firstly, I've been a massive Halo fan for years! I've loved every Halo, in particular Halo 3 and Halo Reach. However then Halo 4 was released and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EGK xDeCkSHoTTx, Jan 2, 2015.

1. 343 - What needs to change

Firstly, I've been a massive Halo fan for years! I've loved every Halo, in particular Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

However then Halo 4 was released and I was bitterly disappointed. I was hopeful 343 Industries couldn't mess up the other 3 Halo Master Chief games that had already been made, but somehow have ballsed them right up! The games them self aren't entirely bad,
    just the general feel of it doesn't feel like Halo at all. The graphics have advanced too far to the point that it feels more like Timeshaft or even Call of duty.

Although, the lobbies being dreadful put me off the games from the start. I'm a player that spends much more time in a lobby, waiting for a game online or waiting for a custom game to start, rather than in-game. I understand that when 343 took over Halo,
    they tried to put their own stamp on the game but looking at both the Halo 4 and Halo Master chief collection lobbies, I have to say you've failed miserably in making a new, more dynamic lobby system. Bring back the old, simple, much loved lobbies and the
    game can improve greatly!

Another thing that has clearly messed up the online matchmaking is the introduction of joining an online game while its in progress. If I play Call of duty or Battlefield, I expect to be thrown into a random game, but the fact Halo has adopted this idea
    stops the game being structured, unique and generally upsets the competitiveness of Halo Matchmaking. Take it away to fix this and to help sort out the awful servers!

Halo 3 and even Halo Reach to an extent had an amazing online ranking system, so I expected to see that carried through and was surprised it was not. How plain lazy is it to just have numbers instead of an actual rank name? Its also bitterly disappointing
    and should be seriously looked at if 343 expect people to continue to support the Halo Franchise.

The playlists for Matchmaking are just as bad as the lobbies. You search in a game of team slayer, and when you've waited 20 minutes to find a game you're thrown into a random game of any of the Halo series. How much simpler would it be just to separate
    the matchmaking lobbies into the separate games?

It's got to the point where Halo is no longer a game that separates itself from the rest, and is just another typical First Person Shooter game with very few differences from all the others. No-one can expect 343 to improve on all the flaws, but if something
    doesn't change I refuse to waste my money on another Halo game, only to be bitterly and utterly disappointed in the end product. Sort it out

:)

EGK xDeCkSHoTTx, Jan 2, 2015
  2. Good game but needs lots of improvements

you told me enough about the lag now repond to how 343 is going to keep you playing til the next title, what changes need to be made, what games modes they need to bring back, ect.

QueazyEarth1948, Jan 2, 2015
  3. Capture the Flag

Yep 343 felt the need to change something that was not broken. Seems like the theme for halo 4

rookie tha vet, Jan 2, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

343 - What needs to change