3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

Discus and support 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by breakdown5402, Dec 27, 2023.

1. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't work, can anyone help me find a solution that wont break the bank?

:)

breakdown5402, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Breakdown5402, My name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft, nor Xbox.

I have compiled this information to solve your problem.

There are several possible reasons why the microphones on your three different headphones could have suddenly stopped working.

One possibility is that there is a problem with the headphones' hardware. This could be due to a faulty microphone, cable or connector. If the headphones are new or under warranty, you can try returning or replacing them.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with your device settings. Make sure the microphone is enabled and selected as the default input device. You can also try resetting your device's audio settings.

Finally, there may be a problem with the software on your device. If you are using a computer, you can try updating your device's audio drivers. You can also try running an audio troubleshooter.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Check the hardware of the headphones. Make sure the microphones are clean and free of obstructions. You can also try connecting the headphones to a different port on your device.
    Check your device's audio settings. Make sure the microphone is enabled and selected as the default input device. You can also try resetting your device's audio settings.
    Update your device's audio drivers. If you are using a computer, you can update your device's audio drivers from your device manufacturer's website.
    Run an audio troubleshooter. If you're using a computer, you can run an audio troubleshooter from the Settings app.
    If you have tried all of these solutions and the problem persists, you can contact the technical support of the manufacturer of your headphones or device for help.

Here are some specific steps you can try for wired headphones:

Check the headphone cable. Make sure the cable is not damaged or disconnected. You can also try connecting the headphones to a different cable.
    Check the headphone jack. Make sure the connector is clean and free of obstructions. You can also try connecting the headphones to a different port on your device.
    I hope this helps you solve the problem.

Source of information:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...icrófono-5f230348-106d-bfa4-1db5-336f35576011

This information may be in another language so you will have to change it yourself, I hope you understand.

I hope the information helps you solve your problem.

Merry christmas.

sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. BKWDESIGN-bkw Win User

X Box One Controller is muted

Our xbox one controllers stopped working with the stereo headset (just the mic) all simultaneously.

We tried plugging it into the 3.5 mm jack. None of my 3 controllers worked after having worked fine for months. All updated to latest firmware.

I tested the headset on my iphone and the mic was fine there- I could record voice memos with no problems

went to GameStop and spent $50 for the stereo headset adapter, and that allowed the mic to work again for another 30 days.

Now the mic is stuck on mute again, the headset adapter’s slashmark icon stays lit
  4. freeskier93 Win User

None of my mics are working

Mic stopped working too. Bought a headset last Saturday, worked fine. 4 days later and the mic isn't working. I can hear other people but nobody can hear me. Tried everything, even went back to target and they game me a new headset. Still nothing.
  5. Hordie Win User

Xbox One Headset can hear people talk but cannot talk back

HI TwiiSt3D H4LO,

Sorry you're having problems with your mic. Is this the stereo headset or just the standard headset and mic? Please try to do the following and let us know if it works for you.

1. Re-seat the headset in the controller, and make sure the mute is not on.

2. Open a party by yourself and see if the mic icon lights up on the screen.

3. Try the headset in another controller and see if it does or does not work.

4, If this is a child account, have the adult test. If it works for the adult, please have him change the settings in Privacy and Online Safety to "Communicate with Voice and Text"

5. Try a different app like Skype to see if this works.

6. If none of the solutions above work you may need a new headset. If it's within the 90 day window you can go to
    https://myservice.xbox.com and request a warranty exchange.

Hope this helps!
  6. JohnKacherski Win User

Xbox One/controller doesn't recognize headset

Hi Paul,

I have 4 xbox one controllers that don't recognize the turtle beach headset. They all worked previously but one day just stopped working. The mic display is muted. 2 of the controllers are less than 3 months old. I
    have 2 headsets that are new and they work with other devices. I've read many people with the same issues. Can you help? Thanks
Thema:

1. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day - Similar Threads - different headset mics

2. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  3. x button not responding even after using different keybinds

in XBoX on Consoles
    x button not responding even after using different keybinds: My xbox controller was working 100% perfectly fine in a agme untul outnof no wehre my reload button (x) suddenly didnt respond snd i tried various ways to yet this fixed but thry would just lead...
  4. Xbox Game Bar UI font face is different

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar UI font face is different: Hi, I recently reinstalled Xbox Game Bar (Microsoft Game DVR) because its font face is weird. It is not the common font face in the old version. It just used "Segoe UI" as a replacement? Anyone...
  5. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?: My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails were created in the same house, both xbox...
  6. I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I: i literally cant play my xbox because an account on my phone got perma banned.. i didnt even say anything mean. I was playing siege and someone messaged me criticzing how i played. And i replied...
  7. Same problem different year

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same problem different year: I bought a Xbox one x probably in 17' and had it fixed for disc drive issues and it's been out of commission for over a 2yrs now because of the same issue I just don't have $240 I may have the...
  8. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  9. Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...: Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at...
  10. Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account: I have a Xbox wireless headset and my sister signed in to her account on my Xbox and for some reason I can only hear party chat or use my mic if I sign in to her account first. Anyone now how to...