3 day old series x controller broken - have to return before replacement sent!

Discus and support 3 day old series x controller broken - have to return before replacement sent! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was lucky enough to get hold of a series x last week, within 3 days the left bumper on the controller stopped working unless you applied force with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by i A l l e n J, Nov 10, 2021.

1. 3 day old series x controller broken - have to return before replacement sent!

I was lucky enough to get hold of a series x last week, within 3 days the left bumper on the controller stopped working unless you applied force with two hands. I called MS Store as it was ordered through the store and their only option was for me to send the faulty controller AND the console back (the whole package) which I obviously couldn't do since there was no stock in their store to send a new console back to me. There is no issue with my console its just a controller issue. The MS Store couldn't send me a new controller as it came bundled with the console despite selling controllers individually. They told me to speak to tech support / xbox support australia to see if their processes were different.

I called up tech support / xbox support australia, their only option was for me to print a shipping label, return my controller and only then would they send a new one which would take an extra 14-21 business days once controller is received. I only have one controller so sending it back would likely mean I wouldn't be able to use the console for 3/4 weeks!

I honestly can't believe a huge company such as microsoft handle customers like this, a 3 day old controller shouldn't break and if it does it should be replaced at no issue to the customer. To tell a customer their only options are to return the whole package (and not get another console due to stock issues) or send off a controller and get one back in 3/4 weeks is such poor customer service. I use Amazon for all other deliveries and any faults they get a new one out in the post immediately and ask you to return the faulty one when you can. I called so many reps and they couldn't do anything to help (no voucher or anything offered to help me), 'sorry its the process' is shocking customer service. You spend a huge amount of money on something it shouldn't break but I get that things happen sometimes, when they do you expect them to be resolved quickly.

My only options are to order another controller (that i dont need) for $100 or be without a controller for 3/4 weeks through something that is no fault of my own. Really poor from Microsoft.

:)

i A l l e n J, Nov 10, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

It's actually normal for you to have to send the device in before it get replaced

I donno how you don't know.that

But I don't think you realize the issue

Yes they do sell them separately but that's has nothing to do with your issue

If you are doing an store exchange you MUST return EVERYTHING including the console or you do a warranty repair which case you have to send the controller in for replacement

That's how exchanges actually work

Unless you bought the controller separately you can't get a seperate store replacement as it's a different sku which is bundled not retail

They cannot rma replace a retail sku

They have to rma a console sku

Please keep in mind those timetables aren't guarented with the current world crisis

I don't think you fully understand how Amazon works

When they replace something it's the same SKU or give you a full refund

You get the WHOLE complete package as long ss you send it back unless you pm the seller privately and they may just send you one from their own warehouse and yes I've done it before if it's small and replacablr you never get a different

I ordered clips for my helmet or I warrantied battery pack

I once rmaed a screen protector thar had the right SKU but was mislabeled

The company after 3 tries just told Amazon to replace the whole stock since it was wrongly labeled and sent them a whole new shipment with the right SKU and yes the sku is important meanwhile they private shipped me something from their own warehouse

Either way the moral of the story they don't change skus

For good reason

A console sku'ed controller cannot be resold as a retail

So if they send you the retail then they need to send the console controller back and they will get a console sku controller not a retail therefore they can't sell it

You can do the normal warranty proccess to not send the whole console off but then you are replacing it within the warranty proccess and no company will see you anything without a return first

There will be billions lost if anyone could do that

Would you like it if someone moved into your house without paying for it ? I think not
  3. ngocphi Win User

You should note thqt right now it's not ordinary times

Replacing things does take time and since the global chip shortage they cannot eeplace anytime at the the retail level at a timely manner

Hence why you would have to return the whole console for a refund

Or do what support old you and do the warranty proccess

If you had bought a controller separately that would be a retail sku not a console.sku then you can ask for a retail exchange controller to controller but since you havr a console.sky you must return the console.and if they don't have any spares you gotta take a rrturn

Or replacement using the normal.warranty proccess

There is no avoiding it and the chip shortage won't end till summer 22 according to amd
  4. fuZZywarlock Win User

Faulty Day 1 Xbox One Controller Service Help

I sent in my day one edition controller to be fixed the outside shell wasnt *** in properly. The "repaired" one I got back was also faulty. The joysticks click when moved. Isn't that something that should be checked before shipping?? Do I have to wait another
    2 months to get a broken controller sent to replace my broken controller??? Frustrated...
  5. HaydnWynder Win User

Xbox series x not loading certain games. Just take me back to the dashboard without a error message

K but my (broken) series x I bought brand new that you guys sent me isn’t available for refund or replacement. If you send me a broken console I should get either of those.
  6. TimmyHD Win User

Is it normal for both analog sticks to be pulled up and pushed down a bit on a new xbox Controller

I have no problem with the standard series X and X box one pads

but my Elite Series 2 has a lot of stick issues and the tension tighten tool

thing was not in the sealed box with the new core controller

despite it being on the box it should be include, my pad replaced

the broken Black one which came with everything but broke the

next day I am hoping the Elite Series 3 is better, it would be nice

if they did a version with advanced chat audio and EQ like

one of the Branded Licenced controllers do, but hey gone off topic a bit.
Thema:

1. 3 day old series x controller broken - have to return before replacement sent! - Similar Threads - old series controller

2. Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...: NOTICE Unable to connect to a data center, please check your internet connection and try again. 42a3889f-e2e6-42f4-b5fd-896c6ecbf9df
  3. Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?: My wife insist that the original Xbox has a power cord that will work on the Xbox Series S. Is she crazy or am I wrong? 28aff0ff-bcf1-4ee7-a19d-aa944fd8bf54
  4. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  5. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  6. Will my new xbox series x be affected if I restore my old xbox one to factory settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my new xbox series x be affected if I restore my old xbox one to factory settings?: Will my new console be affected if I restore my old xbox to factory settings? All the games etc have been switched across. 90dfc001-58ad-4233-b331-74ac5ec0ce1b
  7. How to open old gamer tag that says offline on Xbox series s if I'm using my New gamer tag?

in XboX Insiders
    How to open old gamer tag that says offline on Xbox series s if I'm using my New gamer tag?: I recently made a new gamer profile just for racing but I have another profile on Xbox for the general public and friends . As I was setting up new profile and adding myself as a friend I typed my...
  8. Would it be possible to remaster an old Xbox game series into possibly one massive game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would it be possible to remaster an old Xbox game series into possibly one massive game?: So I was going through old achievements to see games I’ve played before and came across a series that did well for its time and though it could deserve at least a chance for a remastered version...
  9. My brand new xbox series s controller suddenly feels old and damaged. Is there a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox series s controller suddenly feels old and damaged. Is there a way to...: I bought an xbox series s 3 weeks ago. I think my controller has been swapped without my knowledge because it is showing signs of wear beyond its time. It also signs is as player 2, when my...
  10. 1 month old xbox series x controller already unusable due to issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 month old xbox series x controller already unusable due to issues.: My brand new xbox series x controller is bugging out, I tried troubleshooting and different batteries and packs but nothing works. This new Xbox series x controller randomly starts twitching the...