3 broken Xbox One Consoles in a row. 2 sent directly from Microsoft!

Discus and support 3 broken Xbox One Consoles in a row. 2 sent directly from Microsoft! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please search "@AirRaid29" on Twitter or "Xboxonefixitnow" and RT if you have issues. Here is my story of woe... My current console has the "Initial... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tripleoption, Feb 4, 2014.

1. tripleoption
    tripleoption Guest

Please search "@AirRaid29" on Twitter or "Xboxonefixitnow" and RT if you have issues. Here is my story of woe...

My current console has the "Initial Update" issue. This is my THIRD bad console. My first was a launch edition that worked for a short while and then I got the "Disk Grinding" issue. I did the troubleshooting through support and they said "yup, needs
    to be replaced" so I set up an Advanced Console Exchange. I waited a while and got my replacement.

The "new" one, the one microsoft SENT ME was not pairing to my controllers. I had a launch one and another controller, the connection would pair intermittently and then drop off. I called support and they ran it through troubleshooting. They told me the
    console was broken (likely I/R sensor or something) and I needed a replacement...HOWEVER I could not do a replacement because they never got my first console because...wait for it....the one they sent me was broken DAY ONE.

I had to send my 1st one back, wait until receipt was confirmed and then set up another ACE.

I received the "new console" and guess what? It would not accept the Day One Update. I tried everything and ran it through support about a hundred times with the "update troubleshooter" etc. Support confirmed that my console, the one THEY SENT ME, was
    DEAD. Not only was it dead, but there is no way they could have run a systems check on the refurbished console before they sent it to me because it did not boot up to the menu. They sent me another person's console without checking to see if it worked.

I was livid, and called support several times. They gave me three free months of Xbox Live (despite the fact that I told them not to bother, I pay by the year...and Xbox Live isn't that great when you don't have a working freaking Xbox.)

They set me up with the next level in the chain due to the number of issues I had. They said they really wanted to "take care of me." I was supposed to get an email or a call from the vaunted "Customer Advocacy Team". That was last Thursday, no call,
    no email and apparently a multi-billion dollar company doesn't care if they are shipping out defective products without even checking to see if they work.

Now I have 2 broken Xbox Ones, I haven't heard from the "Advocacy Team" so I am left with 2 doorstops waiting to find out what they will do.

I attempted to utilize @xboxsupport on Twitter but they are utterly useless. They keep saying things like "when have you last heard from the Advocacy Team" when I had just advised them I NEVER heard from them. Then they say "lets give it some time" or
    "thanks for your patience."

I have no patience. Please utilize Twitter to hammer Microsoft and Xbox about this. This treatment is awful and for the most expensive console on the market, they act like they are doing us a favor even getting us a new one at their cadence.

We need to make them understand and replace these consoles with working, tested, NEW Xbox Ones.

:)

tripleoption, Feb 4, 2014
  2. Munkey Boy
    Munkey Boy Guest
    Munkey Boy, Feb 4, 2014
  3. FPS BEER
    FPS BEER Guest
    brand new replacement console won't download the update.

Lol really. Just sent my broke pos xbox one in, get a new one, update won't download. Thanks Microsoft!!! Your console is wonderful.

FPS BEER, Feb 4, 2014
  4. Netz Ausg
    Netz Ausg Guest

Did they get back to you in the end? I've been waiting since Saturday to hear from the "higher department" that my case has been referred to. My second Xbox One is intermittently grinding - starting to interfere with my ability to play Titanfall. If I get
    stuck only being able to play Ryse (as it's the only digital game I have and the one I got as part of the Advance Exchange) when the only games I want to play are disc based then I will NOT be a happy chappy! A quick resolution would be appreciated =/

Netz Ausg, Mar 20, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: