2Wire: My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house

Discus and support 2Wire: My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house My Xbox power supply started smoking today in our guest room... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by GamerX7173, Mar 17, 2017.

1. GamerX7173
    GamerX7173 Guest

2Wire (Modems/Gateways): My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house
    My Xbox power supply started smoking today in our guest room and because someone was there we prevented the house from burning down.I still have many questions like if my Xbox is broken because of it will Microsoft send me a replacement, is it safe for me
    to plug my power supply back in and see if it works and if the power supply will still work with my Xbox? I want to know what I can do and please answer my questions because I don't know what I'm going to do. Also today the power went off and on when it was
    plugged in so that something to do with it?

:)

GamerX7173, Mar 17, 2017
  2. Smoke from the PSU

I will assume that smoke from the power supply unit on my 360 is a bad thing. Is it going to burn down my house and where do I get a new one?

FactorialGrub87, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Power cable/supply nearly caught fire...

Xbox overheated badly last night, power cord/supply melted down and nearly caught fire (setting off smoke alarms) while kids were playing --- they thought I was burning something! Will Xbox work with replacment cord/power supply; if do where do I find one?
    Thx 2Wire: My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house :)

WilyGore424797, Mar 17, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: