2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

Discus and support 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Richie Walsh, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Richie Walsh
    Richie Walsh Guest

This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to unlock it, being that it was my question.

once again, whenever I watch YouTube on my Xbox One, my MODEM(not my router) crashes. I don't understand how the MODEM has anything to do with an app... the other day I tried watching 4 times in a row and each time the modem would shut all but the power light off. i would wait for the modem to start back up, open up YouTube and it would blow it out again. switch to "max" and no problem... can someone please explain this to me...

:)

Richie Walsh, Mar 29, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Richie Walsh,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the previous response. Regarding your issue, it is possible that the Xbox One is causing a high amount of network traffic when streaming YouTube videos, which could be overwhelming your modem and causing it to crash. You may want to try resetting your modem or contacting your internet service provider to see if they can provide any assistance in resolving the issue. Additionally, you can try connecting your Xbox One directly to your router with an Ethernet cable to see if that helps alleviate the issue.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. WRichieRichW Win User

Thank you for your response.

I have reset my modem and router several times in the beginning of this problem which had the same outcome. The xbox is connected directly to the router.

What could have changed to cause the xbox to generate a high amount of network traffic? It has never done this before. I used to watch YouTube all the time without a problem. What could have changed in my xbox to cause this?
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

Hello, WRichieRichW. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Using a specific app on your console shouldn't interfere with the power of your router. This can be just a coincidence.

However, we can try troubleshooting both your console and router.

I would like to ask if you tried connecting your router to a different outlet, or moving it temporarily to another room before testing the YouTube app on your console?

Additionally, may I know what procedures you tried to solve this issue so far on both your console and router?

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.
  5. KALEEF Win User

What's is your ONE issue with your ONE console that you wish could Microsoft fix / improve ?

Youtube app is rubbish compared to the 360 one, why the step backwards? Also when I am using the youtube app and watching a video if my son walks into the room it'll sign him into the xbox one but also cut out my video I was watching and sign me out of youtube
    and sign him into youtube?

-

That can't be right can it? Just because someone signs into the xbox one it should not just switch user on the app I am using unless I sign out, games I play don't do it?
  6. DropDeadArtemus Win User

YouTube App - What the?!!! New bug. So annoying.

I'm having an issue with the youtube app on xbox one. I used to use the sidebar to scroll through all of my subscriptions to watch the newest uploads from all of my favorite channels. Now, my subscriptions have disappeared from the sidebar. I have to go
    to "subscriptions" and scroll from the beginning every time I want to get to a different channel. I tried signing out and back in, as well as deleting and reinstalling the youtube app.
Thema:

1. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem? - Similar Threads - 2nd asking Why

2. Xbox Requests: Week of February 2nd, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of February 2nd, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  3. How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair: This is what I got from 2nd repair. 2024-01-09 172116.png My controller cannot charge after 3 months use. Because it is still in warranty so I tried to get it repaired. Frist time send it to...
  4. My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...: Glitch in Xbox software. Xbox account glitch. (I don't know what else to put.) 5c10558f-ea38-434f-af08-5f495ec82374
  5. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  6. When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...: My son created a 2nd gamer tag & profile on XBOX different from the original one that is associated with our Microsoft account & Epic Games. Now, whenever I try to upload a Fortnite V bucks card,...
  7. Problem with 2nd hand 360.

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with 2nd hand 360.: I recently bought a 2nd hand 360 for my kids so they could still play the games they loved. Our old one got damaged but I salvaged the removable HD. But now none of the free gold games including...
  8. How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline: How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 boxes.. 2nd box will only play offline. It is downloaded on 1st box. 2nd box is home box 02f23c38-713f-430a-b332-6a239a6748ce
  9. 2nd controller synced but buttons ignored

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd controller synced but buttons ignored: This is related to this question here but I wanted to actually answer the question (it looks forgotten & we have the same issue):...
  10. 2nd wired controller won't work in game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd wired controller won't work in game.: Hp pc trying to play split screen rocket league. Have 2 wired easysmx controllers. Both work independently. Both also sort of work simultaneously. The 2nd controller will work until we get in...