20th Anniversary Xbox controller losing colour on the grips

Discus and support 20th Anniversary Xbox controller losing colour on the grips in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I purchased the 20th anniversary xbox controller for my brother for Christmas, he's hardly used it and already the green grips are starting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dubble JD No7, Jan 6, 2022.

1. 20th Anniversary Xbox controller losing colour on the grips

Hi there, I purchased the 20th anniversary xbox controller for my brother for Christmas, he's hardly used it and already the green grips are starting to lose colour, they're going like a pink colour, I've tried finding the right department to contact about this but I'm going around in circles and can't find the right support.

:)

Dubble JD No7, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Unfortunately to my knowledge you won't get a replacement special edition controller if you request a replacement as Microsoft would replace it with a regular one. I'll suggest getting a controller cover off Amazon or any other third party store. I know it isn't the best option but it helps.
  3. PsychedelicFuzz Win User

This is possibly the worst, yet more comical “solution”. You are advising they purchase it from a retailer other than have the OEM Company replace this defect in a $79.99 product, that has been used for less than a month. …Yeah @ OP, Just go get one from Amazon and return the whack one. That’s what this solution is basically saying. They are easier to get help from than Microsoft apparently? Idk… But this advisor seems to think Amazon should be responsible for Microsoft’s own product. I would personally find my way up the chain… and show the Advisor’s response… I feel like you could get an upgrade or something, for such genius advice.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I am wondering if there are any Xbox one controllers that do not have the textured grip.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jodi

There are two types of grips

Do you mean the one that has the plastic grip? (like the one available on the newer Xbox series X/S controllers)

Or the more soft grips? (available in the Xbox elite 2 controller or some special edition controllers like the 20th anniversary controller)

What's the one that's causing you problems?

Or both are causing you problems?

-----

And, using a controller protector is not an option?
  5. Ghost Type Win User

Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC when playing, even when connected via USB C one slight nudge and it will disconnect. Any Fixes/Help?

I have the wireless dongle and am using an official rechargeable battery. I don't know. At this point, I'm thinking it's my controller. It's too bad since it's the 20th anniversary xbox series x controller.
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

Favorite controller design/colour (include your xbox design lab choices)

My favourite has to be the Halo 5 Guardians Limited edition controllers(I owned both)

The details and colours were amazing. Just a pitty it did not have rubber grips. That would've made it the ultimate controllers for me
Thema:

1. 20th Anniversary Xbox controller losing colour on the grips - Similar Threads - 20th Anniversary controller

2. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  3. Xbox Requests: Week of October 20th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 20th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  4. Make more controllers like storm cloud vapor or 20th anniversary

in XboX Insiders
    Make more controllers like storm cloud vapor or 20th anniversary: Only seen a few controllers that I really like and it's the 20th anniversary controller and storm cloud vapor the reason is I like the rubberized grip on the back part because it is on my...
  5. Xbox Requests: Week of January 20th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of January 20th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of May 20th, 2022

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of May 20th, 2022: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  7. 20th anniversary dynamic background for xbox one X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    20th anniversary dynamic background for xbox one X: Hey guys, Just wondered if any of you xbox one/one X owners are as disappointed as me with the fact that the dynamic background included in the purchase of the 20th anniversary controller is only...
  8. 20th Anniversary controller peeling/bubbling

in XBoX on Consoles
    20th Anniversary controller peeling/bubbling: Bought the 20th anniversary controller when it cam out in early November but it already looks like its starting to peel. Anyone else having this issue? [img] [img]...
  9. 20th anniversary xbox vault sweepstakes

in XBoX on Windows
    20th anniversary xbox vault sweepstakes: Hey, today I checked my email and I have won of the prizes of the xbox vault minigame(Red Notice xbox series x based on the movie) for the 20th anniversary. The thing is I can't complete the...
  10. 20th anniversary completely change Startup animation for XB series to OG or updated version...

in XboX Insiders
    20th anniversary completely change Startup animation for XB series to OG or updated version...: 20th anniversary completely change Startup animation for XB series to OG or updated version XB OG 2001 greenmacstartup animation/dashboard appearances submitted by /u/DoctorKitty4 [link]...