2020 roll up update causes controllers to be locked out - no way to talk to Microsoft support

Discus and support 2020 roll up update causes controllers to be locked out - no way to talk to Microsoft support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi... I'm livid, the recent updates from jan/Feb finally got pushed to my console last week. Everything working fine prior to update. Post updates -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iam2loki4u, Apr 17, 2020.

1. iam2loki4u
    iam2loki4u Guest

2020 roll up update causes controllers to be locked out - no way to talk to Microsoft support

Hi... I'm livid, the recent updates from jan/Feb finally got pushed to my console last week. Everything working fine prior to update. Post updates - controllers get locked out and behind unusable... Xbox one says they are still connected but they become
    unresponsive. Xbox continues to operate with whatever you were doing before the controllers were frozen out (games continue in the background , msgs pop up - console appears functional otherwise and no errors reported)

Only quazzifix (which is temporary) is to pull the plug on the power supply , wait 60s and plug back in... This provides random amounts of functional time with everything working at it should - from as little recognizing the controller after reboot and logging
    me in then freezing me out to working for hours and then suddenly locking me out with no warning ...

Power button restarts (including long press full reboot) do not work at all (meaning after it restarts controllers will not respond via USB or wirelessly)

I have two 1st gen controllers & a 2nd gen gears se controller (all updated ) - doesn't matter which is used

Batteries are not the issue.

After being locked out , even connecting USB cable after removing batteries , console does not respond to input.

Performed full system wipe & restore/reset - worked well for a few hours then back to same issue... Controllers never need to be re-bound to console (work after cold power cycle explained above ) but tried anyway and no change ...

No way to get any support from Microsoft , all options say "this issue is not supported with phone or chat support" - which is a huge "fu" to me the victim customer that their forced update just turned my Xbox into a doorstop

Super po'd and thinking maybe my next console I should move to playstation - i've only bought 4 Xbox consoles over a 6yr period (2x 360s & 2 Xbox ones + 1000's in games between my son and I - why should they care if i defect to playstation)

:)

iam2loki4u, Apr 17, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: