2013 Xbox One controllers not connecting to PC or Xbox One via USB.

Discus and support 2013 Xbox One controllers not connecting to PC or Xbox One via USB. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two Xbox One(2013) controllers. Both of them have worked fine wirelessly, and connect to my Xbox One(2013) no problem. However, when I tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike J.M, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Mike J.M
    Mike J.M Guest

I have two Xbox One(2013) controllers. Both of them have worked fine wirelessly, and connect to my Xbox One(2013) no problem. However, when I tried to connect them to my PC(Windows 10), nothing happened. No drivers being downloaded, no popup that a device had connected, nothing. I then tried with different cables; same result. I tried connecting them to my Xbox One to update them; I couldn't, because they needed to be plugged into the console and it didn't register them being plugged in either. They have worked fine on PC before, I do not know why they have ceased to work properly now. How can I fix this?

:)

Mike J.M, Jul 8, 2023
  2. Phil.k Win User

Question about Xbox One Joystick

yes you connect Xbox one controller to a Pc, wirelessly or cable, but to play xbox games on ur PC you need to connect controller via micro usb cable.
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding

Hi Keith, There are two ways to connect an Xbox controller to a PC: with a USB cable or via Bluetooth.

Connect with a USB cable

Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on your PC.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on your Xbox controller.

The controller should automatically connect to your PC.

Connect via Bluetooth

Make sure your Xbox controller and PC have Bluetooth.
    Activate Bluetooth on your PC.

Press and hold the pairing button on the Xbox controller for 3 seconds.

The controller should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your PC.

Select the Xbox controller from the list and click "Connect."

Let me know if the information is still useful.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. FearedNightmare Win User

Will the XBOX ONE controller sync with the old XBOX dongle for the PC?

The Xbox One controller uses a different signal than that of the Xbox360 controller, you can however connect a Micro-USB cable from your controller to your PC after installing the drivers for the Xbox One controller.

(Windowsphones and Android phones usually use a microUSB which you can also use for your controller)

support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

Just remember to take out your batteries before connecting it via USB
  5. MattyMidway Win User

Anyone else have this problem. Chat pad one s controller.

If possible, try connecting via bluetooth. Also, do you have an Xbox One or just a pc? If you have the Xbox One, connect the chat pad to the controller, wire into the Xbox via USB and update the controller via the settings>>>Accessories menus. That should
    do the trick!
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
Thema:

1. 2013 Xbox One controllers not connecting to PC or Xbox One via USB. - Similar Threads - 2013 controllers connecting

2. How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?: bought the Xbox 360 model e for my son and he can’t connect to WiFi because Xbox shut down their 360 servers so I need to know before I buy this WiFi adapter for the Xbox...
  3. New 2013 Xbox one can’t get up and running

in XBoX on Consoles
    New 2013 Xbox one can’t get up and running: Hi, I just purchased a new Xbox one off eBay without much info. It turns out the Xbox one is from 2013 and has never been out of the box. It does turn on, but I can’t get beyond the connect to the...
  4. I bought Black Ops 2 from 2013. It says I can't play online.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought Black Ops 2 from 2013. It says I can't play online.: So why is this happening? I've never bought an old game before, I can't just start playing it online? db5f151b-8120-443c-9746-f76014ec03c2
  5. Why has my purchase history between 2012 and early 2013 as gone missing??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my purchase history between 2012 and early 2013 as gone missing??: I contacted xbox Support about me losing my Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for Xbox 360 when I downloaded Grand Theft Auto definitive edition. my Xbox said I do not own this game but previously I...
  6. How would I get an old XBOX LIVE account from 2013 unbanned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How would I get an old XBOX LIVE account from 2013 unbanned?: I was migrating my minecraft java account over to xbox and it turns out that the email that i've been using for years now was my old xbox 360 account that was banned in Black Ops 2 for some random...
  7. Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where.: I've been using my Xbox One (2013 Model) on my PC to play games for months using the USB wire it came with and all of a sudden today it stopped working. 1. Yes, I've checked the wire. There's...
  8. Can you make f1 2013 backwards compatible. Considering it was released just over a month...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you make f1 2013 backwards compatible. Considering it was released just over a month...: Considering it was released on october 4th 2013 and the xbox was released on the 15th of november 2013, why is not compatible and the disgrace of a game that was f1 2014 is...
  9. Microsoft Flight (2013) scam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight (2013) scam: Hi, The game (Microsoft Flight 2013) won't let me access DLCs that I paid for. Sign in widget is broken, and you must sign in to access DLCs. It's been happening since 2014. I hoped it would be...
  10. Can't find a working remote control code for my element 40'' lcd hdtv from 2013

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't find a working remote control code for my element 40'' lcd hdtv from 2013: I'm trying to set up my XBox one console to remotely shut down/power up my 40'' Element LCD TV from 2013 but unfortunately none of the codes that I've found so far on the internet work. The most...