20 year old account, verification not possible due to hotmail email and memory loss due to...

Discus and support 20 year old account, verification not possible due to hotmail email and memory loss due to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The original issue I had was my Xbox had asked me to reset my password, as I tried to do this since my Xbox wouldn't let me continue without doing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Oldman USA, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Oldman USA
    Oldman USA Guest

20 year old account, verification not possible due to hotmail email and memory loss due to...

The original issue I had was my Xbox had asked me to reset my password, as I tried to do this since my Xbox wouldn't let me continue without doing this, it sent me into the process of verification. I don't have access to the phone number or email attached to the account (described in more detail below) so I couldn't verify the account and change the password. so now I'm stuck out of my account. I am willing to provide any form of ID or bank statements to prove I pay for the account but I can't access the specific email and phone number that Microsoft keeps using to try and verify my account.

Already tried: As Microsoft support suggests I did the following:

"select the Start button > Settings > Accounts , then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed."

I was asked to verify password after that with my email but since the account is so old and I made it with a Hotmail email I can't verify the password. I have a new phone from a year ago when I was last asked to update my phone number so I can't use that for a verification number. The proof questions are from when I made the account when I was living in many different locations or had different opinions from now (like favorite ice cream flavor). I can't remember what I put for these now since they are from so long ago and due to severe memory loss due to a medical condition and several concussions since the account was created.

Now I don't have my gamertag on my Xbox because I followed the advice above and now it continually sends me into the verification process where it keeps trying to send texts and emails to accounts
    I cannot access.

I have an Xbox series X

:)

Oldman USA, Aug 7, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

20 year old account, verification not possible due to hotmail email and memory loss due to a medical condition. What do I do to get access to my account again?

I'm sorrry but you'll need to be able to provide thr requested proofs in some form. Do you still live at the address, id any, registered to your account?
  3. LiBraga Win User

Error 80049C3A - Unable to log in to Xbox Live

The email account I've deleted isn't the account used for my live address (which is a hotmail one).

The deleted email account was an old address I had used for the security proofs (the only security proof that was setup and was jm****@bt****.com).

Effectively I can't add any new proofs for 30days until they all reset.

I can't stop the reset of the proofs because it wants to send a verification to the non-existent email address.

I can't access the old security proof email address (the account has been deleted).

I can't log in to xbox live due to be unable to add new proofs.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Mojang stole my account can someone help?

Mojang did not put you in this position, you did for either not keeping the old email active or not updating the email change in your Mojang account, it is up to you to keep your account in order. In this day and age verification needs to be done due to security and potential data breaches.
  5. Brian LDempsey Win User

Confused slim spotted

Mob is a term used for at least 20+ years to describe monsters, critters, humaniod npcs and other things that tend to attack players often in mobs or swarms due to limited memory at 1st now due to bad or designed AI programming.
  6. kucfer420 Win User

trouble with old xbox 360 profile

Thank you for your swift response!

However, to link my old email address to my hotmail account is not possible as i can only link other hotmail email addresses to my hotmail account.

I tried to recover my old email address and was informed by the email address provider that it was not only deactivated but also terminated and not recoverable as i havent used it in 10+ years.

Is there any other way to help change my old xbox live email address? Perhaps microsoft could change it manually? Given that i can verify that it is my account via Identification card, phone number or facebook as i use the same email address there as i do on my xboxlive account.
Thema:

1. 20 year old account, verification not possible due to hotmail email and memory loss due to... - Similar Threads - old account verification

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. How old is my Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How old is my Xbox account: I want to find when I started this account e9008f74-0443-43ea-8784-ae99ce330f6c
  4. Old account back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old account back?: I was having all sorts of issues logging in on my xbox one after 3 years of being put up. I decided to delete my old xbox account because I couldn't log into it. I created a new xbox account using...
  5. Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...: Am i able to gain control of my old xbox account, if I know the username and email it was linked to. Even though I don’t have access to that email anymore. dd2e857c-3391-4d7c-b372-25a046952f5c
  6. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  7. How do I reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on it and set it up the way I want it set up

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on it and set it up the way I want it set up: How do you reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on my new one because my old one is gone and I've tried using the help with the Xbox but it just keeps taking your stupider stuff or someone...
  8. i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...: i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still have access to my games please help i have tried changing my password and contacted support both haven’t...
  9. My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked: The account xen luvs god, which was previously mine was hacked yesterday, the password was changed, the recover phone number was changed, and the recovery email was changed, the email that created...
  10. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...