2 Xbox in same house

Discus and support 2 Xbox in same house in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Can someone help. I have a Xbox in the living room which I have had for a year. I just purchased another Xbox x for the bedroom. I hear things... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kev975, Mar 27, 2024.

1. kev975
    kev975 Guest

2 Xbox in same house

Hi

Can someone help. I have a Xbox in the living room which I have had for a year. I just purchased another Xbox x for the bedroom. I hear things about making one a home Xbox or something and confused. How do I get all games from living room xbox onto my bedroom x box and game pass so both Xbox are the same?

On top of this I have two accounts one with all my download games. The other with all my 360 disc games. So I log into each account depending if I want to play the disc game or the downloaded game. Do I have to download every disc game again to new Xbox? I am so confused. If I play say assassins greed on disc on living room. If I go to bedroom can I carry in where I was in the living room???

:)

kev975, Mar 27, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

2 Xbox in same house

Hi, Kev975! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'll happily guide you through getting your games and subscriptions on the bedroom console. For practical purposes, I'll refer to living room Xbox as Xbox #1 and bedroom Xbox as Xbox #2.

-------------

Designating a console as your Home Xbox allows other accounts to access your games and subscriptions when you are not signed in. It also allows you to access your digital games while the console is offline. Unless you plan on having friends/family use one of these consoles or you want to access your digital games while the console is not connected to the Internet, you don't need to designate a console as Home Xbox.

To be able to access your digital games and subscriptions on the new console, all you need to do is sign in with the account you used to purchase them. Your subscriptions will be ready to be used and your digital games will be available for installation at My Games & Apps > Full Library > Owned Games.

-------------

Regarding your Xbox 360 games; the license needed to play these games is embedded in their discs, so you don't need a specific account to use them. Physical games can just be inserted in the console, installed, and accessed by any account so long as the disc remains inside the console.

To transfer these games to your new console, you can either insert each disc and reinstall them or do a network transfer.

To do a network transfer:

- On console #1, go to Settings > System > Backup and transfer
    - Check the box for "Allow Network Transfers"
    - On Console #2, go to Settings > System > Backup and transfer.
    - Select Xbox #1 as the console you'll be copying from, choose the games you want to copy, then select "Copy Selected.

-------------

Regarding your saved data for games; if console #1 has been constantly connected to the Internet and the Xbox Network, your saved data for all accounts should be backed up on the cloud. This data will sync with Xbox #2 every time you launch a game for the first time on it.

Every time you finish playing a game on either of these consoles its cloud-saved data will be updated automatically, which will allow you to switch consoles and continue playing where you left off.

* It is my personal suggestion that you allow a few minutes from the moment you finish playing one console to the moment you resume on the other one to ensure your data is correctly uploaded to the cloud.

-------------

To designate a console as Home Xbox:

- Turn on the console that will be used by friends/family, or for offline gaming.
    - Sign in with the account you used to purchase your games and subscriptions.
    - Go to Settings > General > Personalization > My Home Xbox > Make this my home Xbox.

You can find more information on the Home Xbox feature at:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

-------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

2 Xbox One's in the same house

Hi there,

If you want them to play on the other console, they will need an account. You can either create accounts for them, which when added to your family you will be able to manage the content they can see/play as well as set time limits for the console, or they
    will have to play as a guest on the console.

These pages have a lot of good information on setting up a
    child account
    and adding them to
    your family

If you keep the original Xbox One as your account's
    home console
    they won't need a paid Live membership. They will be able share your Live subscription as well as your purchased games while on the home console. More on that can be found

here
  4. Farscape247 Win User

2 Xbox Ones in the same house

console A. your console has games installed and you have an active subscription, make sure you are always connected to the internet.

console B. your sons, add his account, add your account, sign into your account and make console B your home console, then sign out. now your son has access to your games and shares your subscription benefits. (remember to set a passcode for your account so your son cannot access it.

your son will need his own account.
  5. Pure Ratchet Win User

2 XB1 in the same house

Yes, just one copy. You'll just need to download the game from the cloud when on the other console (even at a friend's house).
  6. Kiddeth Win User

2 XB1 in the same house

[quote user="forgivin"]

How does it work if I have 2 Xbox Ones in my house like I have 2 360s? Now, if I'm playing a game in the living room and then go play in my bedroom I simply save to the cloud and go play in the other room. With the Xbox One will it require my to purchase
    2 copies of a game just to switch rooms?

[/quote]

Like this.How Games Licensing Will Work on Xbox One
Thema:

2 Xbox in same house

1. 2 Xbox in same house - Similar Threads - same house

2. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  3. Can I play on different networks in the same house?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I play on different networks in the same house?: I'm looking to play some games with my roommate, but we are on different networks, I'm guessing not since we would be on the same IP since living in the same place....
  4. How can I host and join a multiplayer game in the same house?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I host and join a multiplayer game in the same house?: If I own two Xbox series x consoles and have purchased two separate games(ground) so that each account has their own individual copy of the game, what do I need to do so that a multiplayer game...
  5. Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...: Please help this is very annoying and has worked fine untill about 1 week ago dac03f3b-baf6-41de-a943-6d0519670b5c
  6. I'm trying to transfer a game from one xbox to another in the same house but it doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to transfer a game from one xbox to another in the same house but it doesn't...: I have the "allow transfer" option on for both consoles but when I click on the console name it doesn't show any games. 71d5a2fc-2626-4e22-bb2e-ca6d77927c15
  7. Same house, two consoles, play same game at same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same house, two consoles, play same game at same time: I have an Xbox series x and an Xbox one in the same house and have the primary live user on the series x and a family member on the one. Can we play MW2 at the same time?...
  8. Both Xboxes in same house showing online when signed out

in XboX Insiders
    Both Xboxes in same house showing online when signed out: Why are both Xboxes in the same house showing online when both have been turned off. One is my fathers Xbox and the other is mine. I check my Microsoft account for devices on my account but it’s...
  9. Both Xboxes in same house showing online when signed out

in XBoX Accessibility
    Both Xboxes in same house showing online when signed out: Why are both Xboxes in the same house showing online when both have been turned off. One is my fathers Xbox and the other is mine. I check my Microsoft account for devices on my account but it’s...
  10. Can Fortnite be played on two Xboxes in the same house? Thanks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Fortnite be played on two Xboxes in the same house? Thanks: Recently bought another Xbox and it keeps saying that we can’t have Fortnite open on both Xboxes is there a way we can play this or not? ec23044f-c2ab-4438-8bb6-53ef3da6b7aa