2 gamertags on the same account - can only access one

Discus and support 2 gamertags on the same account - can only access one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m playing Minecraft on an iPad. I logged out from my account but when logging back in I’m now signed in with my son’s gamertag. I don’t recall how... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PD Hansson, Jan 7, 2024.

1. PD Hansson
    PD Hansson Guest

I’m playing Minecraft on an iPad. I logged out from my account but when logging back in I’m now signed in with my son’s gamertag. I don’t recall how the accounts were set up in the first place, but the upshoot is that I now can’t access the realm purchased under my own gamertag. I’ve tried all possible email addresses and am fairly sure I didn’t set up my account with another one.

:)

PD Hansson, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi, PD my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble accessing your Minecraft realm on your iPad. Here are some steps you can try:

Open the Minecraft app on your iPad and click on “Settings” in the main menu.
    Click on “Profile” and then click on “Sign Out”.

Once you’re signed out, click on “Sign In” and enter your Microsoft account email address and password.

If you have two gamertags on the same account, you can switch between them by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen and selecting the gamertag you want to use.

If you’re still having trouble accessing your realm, you can try contacting Minecraft Support for further assistance.

For your reference, I've included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested

https://www.reddit.com/r/MinecraftPE/comments/fmpewu/change_gamertag_on_mc_ipad_edition/

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. Photonimus Win User

My current Profile Deathblighter will access the content but elder scrolls 5 dragonborn wont load with my other profiles what do I do

Are you using it on the same console, not just gamertag, it was originaly purchased on?

If not, a license transfer is required or the downloading gamertag is the only one that can access the content.
  4. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Region conflicts

You can only migrate your account to a new Xbox LIVE country, not to an existing one.

If you make a new gamertag, it will start from scratch. But you can make a silver gamertag to download things from and you will still be able to access them with your main gamertag as long as it's on the same console.
  5. nickisullivan13 Win User

Keeping 360 for my toddler… how to get / manage ARCADE GAMES?

If you have a 360 and a one then you can sign in using the same account/gamertag, but if you have 2 360s you have to have 2 separate accounts/gamertags
  6. Lukeh Scotney Win User

DLC download probelm

Black Op's map pack will only play on the original Xbox it was bought from unless you transfer your account to a new Xbox and are using the same gamer tag as originally purchased.

For example :

Xbox 1:

Gamertag 1 - Gamertag 2. (both accounts made on this xbox)

If Gamertag 1 purchased the content then everyone on this Xbox can access the maps.

Xbox 2:

Gamertag 1 (transferred from xbox 1) Gamertag 3. (made on this xbox)

If Gamertag 1 comes over to this xbox and redownloads the maps. Gamertag 3 will not have access to the maps as it is only allowed to be used under the usage policy by Gamertag 1.

--

I'm not sure if this intel will help shed light on your dilemma. Just seems not many people read the new usage policy on Black Op's map packs and it could be something to do with it.
Thema:

1. 2 gamertags on the same account - can only access one - Similar Threads - gamertags same account

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?: as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t want it to be a waste of money...
  4. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  5. Why does my gamertag have suffix even thou no one else has the same name of mine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my gamertag have suffix even thou no one else has the same name of mine: So i have this gamertag which no one else uses but i still get the suffix on my gamertag is there any way to remove it? 77739df8-5fd1-43ed-a7e0-77d18ff6bb24
  6. My gamertag is still the same although it said yesterday that I was able to successfully...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag is still the same although it said yesterday that I was able to successfully...: For reference: GT-A = old gamertag GT-B = new gamertag Hello, I tried to change my gamertag from GT-A to GT-B. Yesterday, after my first try, it said I was able to successfully change my...
  7. If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have...: I made 2 Xbox accounts with the same gamertag, but I am deleting one of them. Will the account deletion remove the 4 numbers on my gamertag? dc9f1289-587f-441c-ac66-b128085b0792
  8. Old and New gamertag showing on same account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old and New gamertag showing on same account: [img] New one is "" old one is "immune2sound" Recently, I created a new gamertag on the xbox 360. Now when I access my account on the xbox app and the xbox one it shows both my old gamertag and...
  9. The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...: Greetings, I created an email account that my son uses to play, who manages the account and the payment of the subscriptions Xbox live is me, because my son is a minor. However, my son cannot...
  10. Move GamerTag to new account / profile on same xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move GamerTag to new account / profile on same xbox: I was chatting with xbox support but suddenly wasn't getting any additional responses. They were working my request to move the gamertag under my account / profile to a new account / profile...