2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...

Discus and support 2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought GTA V as my first game for my Xbox One S a few years ago. The disk was broken while moving houses multiple times, and I've gotten a new one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lil Preep, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Lil Preep
    Lil Preep Guest

2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...

I bought GTA V as my first game for my Xbox One S a few years ago. The disk was broken while moving houses multiple times, and I've gotten a new one recently. The disk won't install the game, as it hits me with "installation stopped". Is there anything I can do to get refunded/reimbursed? Like maybe a code to redeem to get the game digitally? Why can't I just download the game digitally since i've had the game before?

:)

Lil Preep, Jun 30, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally since I've had it before?

You can download the game digitally using the Xbox app on your mobile device, then once the game has downloaded, you can put the disc in the console and start the game. The disc will just be used for licence purposes.
  3. MerceNineRY Win User

Non spoiler first impressions (Stuff not covered in the reviews)

installing disk 2 [the disk you put in to actually start GTA V] will hinder game performance, so don't install disk 2 if you want quality performance...but disk one is the manditory install
  4. MajorAwful Win User

Need help, Giving away DLC

No once dlc is redeemed it is tied to your gamertag, you cannot give it away once redeemed. If you have still got the dlc in code form on a card and have "NOT" already redeemed said "CODE" you can give that card to your friend then he or she can redeem and
    download it. If the GTA V game is in disc form you can give him or her the physical game. If the game is in digital form you cannot give it away as it is also tied to your gamertag (if downloaded from games on demand) If you installed the game from a disk
    to a hard drive or USB stick it is tied to the physical game disk.

To put it simply if you wanna give your friend GTA V, give them the disk to keep. If the downloadable content is already redeemed you can't give it away. If GTA V is a games on demand version you cannot give it away either.

Hope I helped :)
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Digital download gives "disc unreadable" error

Hi Quentarus, I know it can be very frustrating when a game you pay money for doesn't want to work. Try this, this has been known to fix issues with disk error messages for digital games. Ok try deleting GTA V, then download some demos that add upto the
    size of GTA V, in this case we're talking about 12gb with the extra packs installed. Once you have done that, then redownload GTA V, hopefully the problem will be fixed. Let us know if it helps.
  6. Chris238 Win User

Disc vs Download

To me, there are three major factors:

1) Are you concerned about bandwidth? If so, disk option is better as it installs some from the disk, and only downloads the updates. (As opposed to downloading the whole game)

2) Are you concerned about the ability to sell the game later? If so, disk is the way to go again because you can't currently sell your digital games.

3) Are you concerned about the ability to loan your games to friends? If so, again disk is the way to go

If none of the above are a concern, then I recommend purchasing digitally as both options consume the same amount of HDD space on your console, but if you buy digitally, you can quickly switch between games without changing disks.

Personally, I digitally purchase games that I know I will come back to again and again and never want to sell. (Like GTA V and Titanfall) And games that I know I will play through and never touch again, like Watchdogs, I puchase on disk so I can sell them
    after I'm done with them.
Thema:

1. 2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally... - Similar Threads - different GTA disks

2. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  3. x button not responding even after using different keybinds

in XBoX on Consoles
    x button not responding even after using different keybinds: My xbox controller was working 100% perfectly fine in a agme untul outnof no wehre my reload button (x) suddenly didnt respond snd i tried various ways to yet this fixed but thry would just lead...
  4. Xbox Game Bar UI font face is different

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar UI font face is different: Hi, I recently reinstalled Xbox Game Bar (Microsoft Game DVR) because its font face is weird. It is not the common font face in the old version. It just used "Segoe UI" as a replacement? Anyone...
  5. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?: My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails were created in the same house, both xbox...
  6. I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I: i literally cant play my xbox because an account on my phone got perma banned.. i didnt even say anything mean. I was playing siege and someone messaged me criticzing how i played. And i replied...
  7. Same problem different year

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same problem different year: I bought a Xbox one x probably in 17' and had it fixed for disc drive issues and it's been out of commission for over a 2yrs now because of the same issue I just don't have $240 I may have the...
  8. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  9. Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...: Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at...
  10. Why are there 2 versions of GTA V in Game Pass App and what's the difference ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are there 2 versions of GTA V in Game Pass App and what's the difference ?: I bought the Game Pass and downloaded the App. A few days ago they released GTA V in the Game Pass. However I noticed two differents versions of GTA V, they have different descriptions. On the...