148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S??

Discus and support 148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have bought the Xbox Series S during 2021. While then Xbox states that the console has storage of 512GB of storage. When checked (During 2021) It had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Unsounded, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Unsounded
    Unsounded Guest

I have bought the Xbox Series S during 2021. While then Xbox states that the console has storage of 512GB of storage. When checked (During 2021) It had 320-300GB of storage in it. Now in 2024 its 364. Yes, a bump up but not enough to play most games. As CODMWIII Cost 150GB for its multiplayer and WZ alone its crazy having this much storage and having SD Cards priced up to 120-200$ its crazy to even think about it. I currently have, Call of Duty (23-24 With Only Multiplayer and Warzone) Dying Light 2, Insurgency Sandstorm, Fortnite, and FNAF: Security Breach installed on my internal, and with games only being optimized for X|S (If you have the Series Consoles) You can only Buy/Download that game. Past games had an Xbox One edition but with COD MWII (22) being released games had often priced 70$ for 1 Version of the game based on your console being New or Old Gen. And with games being nearly 100-50 Gb I can't really do much. I have 10gb left and cant do anything about it. So if COD or Fortnite updates, I'm cooked. So, can anyone help me and Am I cooked??

:)

Unsounded, Feb 29, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

if you look on the box, it tells you what hard drive size you will actually end up with. The size of the drive is as advertised, but they used space is therefore temporary files, system uses etc. It is not deleteable or bypassable

If you wish to expand the internal storage, you can purchase an expansion card from Western digital or Seagate, or you can offload games you're not playing to a USB platter or thumb drive
  3. Francia J. Win User

Missing storage on XBox Series S

Sorry for that, Furkan and it can be from an app that is installed on your end.
  4. ericjwilborn Win User

Have you already signed into the Xbox? I'm wondering if it has downloaded profile data. I'm not near my Xbox at this time to check to see how much storage the profile data uses.
  5. Furkan Güzel Win User

Have you already signed into the Xbox? I'm wondering if it has downloaded profile data. I'm not near my Xbox at this time to check to see how much storage the profile data uses.
    Yes, I have.
  6. Francia J. Win User

As I have checked, yes, Furkan. Please perform a powercycle and then check again.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
Thema:

1. 148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S?? - Similar Threads - 148GB storage missing

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  4. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  5. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  6. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  7. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  8. My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?: My Seagate Xbox External Storage device says that it is full while’s it’s not. I tried restarting the Xbox, power cycles, resetting the Xbox, and other usb ports but it still says it’s full how do...
  9. My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage: I have 30% of my storage used and I did the clear local save games. I'm confused guys, help me submitted by /u/SpioerSonic [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox cloud storage is offline for two days

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud storage is offline for two days: Me and I know a lot of other players is having a problem with the Xbox cloud saves storage not working it's saying it's offline and giving a Status code: (8007274d)" when trying to enable,sync or...