14 days automatic refund does it start from pre-order or launch date?

Discus and support 14 days automatic refund does it start from pre-order or launch date? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've asked for an automatic refund because after spending many hours and lots of dollars, I can't get Flight Simulator 2020 to work. I pre-ordered... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeremyGordon, Sep 1, 2020.

1. JeremyGordon
    JeremyGordon Guest

I've asked for an automatic refund because after spending many hours and lots of dollars, I can't get Flight Simulator 2020 to work.

I pre-ordered the game on 10 August 2020.

The game was launched on 18 August 2020.

I downloaded the game on launch, that is 18 August 2020.

I asked for a refund on 28 August 2020.

Microsoft say that I am beyond the 14 days, counting from 10 to 28 August, and have refused the refund.

That can't be right.

Shouldn't the 14 days start on the day of launch (when the game was first available)?

:)

JeremyGordon, Sep 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. JeremyGordon Win User

But when does the 14 days start?

It must be when you download.

I know Microsoft is a monopoly, but that doesn't mean they have a right to walk over their customers.
  3. Salmoro Win User

The 14 days rule is itself a condition for a refund.

In the link I provided
    above
    , you will find the following:

"Submitting a request does not guarantee a refund. Most purchases are not eligible for a refund after 14 days."

"If you’ve already been charged for the content you pre-ordered, those charges will automatically be refunded to you if you cancel the order before the content is released."

In this link here Digital Game Purchase Refund Terms

"All sales of Digital Game Products are considered final, but we understand there may be extenuating circumstances (..)we consider a variety of factors like
    time since date of purchase, time since release, and use of the product."

I suggest that you reply back to the refund answer that you got by email to get more explanation.
  4. JeremyGordon Win User

I was trying to find the terms and conditions about digital purchases to see when the 14 days starts. I looked here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/digital-game-purchase-refund-terms

but it does not say when the 14 days starts.

On the assumption that the idea is that the purchaser is given 14 days to try a product, then the 14 days should start when the purchaser is first able to try it.

Where are the terms and conditions of the 14 day automatic refund?

Please provide a link which works.
  5. Salmoro Win User

6. darkist1 Win User

I think i never got my refund

It would depend when you placed the pre-order. Microsoft only takes the money for the pre-order 10 days before the launch date.

If you had placed the order 12 days before launch and cancelled the same day, they didnt take the money from your account.
Thema:

1. 14 days automatic refund does it start from pre-order or launch date? - Similar Threads - days automatic refund

2. (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...: Basically what title says. Series X console. I’ve just run into countless issues the past week+ with games not launching, black screen when launching games, and just it being unresponsive. Like...
  3. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox cloud storage is offline for two days

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud storage is offline for two days: Me and I know a lot of other players is having a problem with the Xbox cloud saves storage not working it's saying it's offline and giving a Status code: (8007274d)" when trying to enable,sync or...
  5. Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...: I can't play call of duty anymore 22e89921-df68-4b49-96e6-70d5ec7e102e
  6. How am I banned for 2 days

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How am I banned for 2 days: How the hell am i banned for trying to buy an ingame item for i game currency .... theres literally people doing carries for dollar amounts and other peopke trying to buy in game for ingame ...and...
  7. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  8. My monthly subscription was yesterday and i canceled it the day of, still took my money and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My monthly subscription was yesterday and i canceled it the day of, still took my money and...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 2f49321d-885a-4c51-9d27-8feaddf173b4
  9. My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days: it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not to load the page it redirects me to Also it...
  10. 61 day suspension? for what? Stupid False Reports Microsoft.

in XBoX on Consoles
    61 day suspension? for what? Stupid False Reports Microsoft.: Xbox listening to false reports on me yet again, only 2 reports this time and I get 61 days? seriously? how does that make any sense? Microsoft is being stupid at this point, the people that...