12M Live Gold Account won't share with other console users

Discus and support 12M Live Gold Account won't share with other console users in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I spent more than an hour chatting with a Xbox rep who didn't help at all. Here are the full details: I have two accounts on my home console. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by steelwil27, Jan 23, 2016.

1. steelwil27
    steelwil27 Guest

I spent more than an hour chatting with a Xbox rep who didn't help at all. Here are the full details:

I have two accounts on my home console. When I bought the system I purchased 12M Live Gold and applied it to one of the accounts profiles and was able to use it with both accounts. This year I bought it again but instead of applying it as a renewal I used
    it for the other account on the console. I assume that shouldn't matter but I'm only mentioning it to cover all detail.

Since purchasing this year I've been unable to share the 12M Live Gold with both account. It shows as a subscription for the one I applied it to but will not allow the second account to see it.

So far I've deleted both accounts several time, restarted the system in between deletes and added accounts again. This hasn't worked. I even tried adding another account that was never associated with the console to see if it would allow sharing. It does
    not work either. Any account other than mine requires the account holder to buy a subscription.

Any advice or other troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

:)

steelwil27, Jan 23, 2016
  2. Starting to second guess if getting an XBOX One was worth it?

They wont fix it because thats the way they want it to work .. they have stated over and over that you can use your live account on your 360 and ONE at the same time ... MS own words.

The family plan still exists , its just done differently now. If you have a gold account on an xbox ONE ( that accounts home console ) , all other accounts on that XBOX ONE will also get gold access to features like playing online etc. So if you have several
    users on 1 XBOX ONE it basically works out far cheaper.

The only drawback is that if you have several XBOX ONES it ends up being more expensive sadly. As each console needs a unique gold live ID tied to it.

Example ,, your account is gold on 1 xbox one and shares gold with anyone on that system as its your main console. You can be gold on other consoles but as its not your main console you dont share gold with other users on that machine. You would need another
    gold account which would then claim the 2nd console as its main console ... and that gold account would share gold access with other accounts on that machine etc etc.

Cant think of an easier way to explain it so I hope its understandable

richard symons, Jan 23, 2016
  3. STANNY08
    STANNY08 Guest
    Xbox One Price drop

If that is the case who gets to use their gold account on other machines? They've clearly said that. Just like now, your live subscription follows you to whatever Xbox console you use. So who on that original console can take their account to another console?

STANNY08, Jan 23, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Try reversing the "home" console settings on each of the consoles.

{Parity}, Jan 23, 2016
  5. Try resetting your console to factory setting this should do the trick.

legendaryreward, Jan 28, 2016
  6. jaerowinaus
    jaerowinaus Guest
    @sam Bradford that sounds a bit extreme ! since restoring to factory defaults doesn't change the serial number and interal hardware info that is associated with the home gold sharing, thus rendering that step for lack of a better way of saying this useless

@steelwil27 after reviewing what you've said I've been there myself and don't stress there is a fix to this, is how home gold sharing works is that its essentially

found under this url
    www.xbox.com/.../Usage-Rules

and this is how you enable it
    How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Can I change my Home console to a different console?

jaerowinaus, Jan 28, 2016
  7. steelwil27
    steelwil27 Guest
    I appreciate the help but unfortunately the problem still exists. I had the counter reset, restarted the system, and still no other gamer that logs onto my xbox and makes it their home console can utilize my gold subscription benefits. I'm really at a
    lost as to what's going on.

steelwil27, Jan 31, 2016
  8. 12M Live Gold Account won't share with other console users

nobody should be making it "their" home console , if you have the gold then you make it YOUR home console , anybody that signs in on your "home" console will have gold ...ANY console you sign in on will have your gold follow you...if your telling somebody
    that dosent have gold to sign in on yours and make it theirs , then that is an issue ...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 31, 2016
  9. steelwil27
    steelwil27 Guest
    It is set as my Home console. The other gamer that signs on lives here so it's also his home console. Are you saying that both of us having it set as a home console is an issue?

steelwil27, Jan 31, 2016
  10. yes , if he dosent have gold , then he shouldn't have it set to home...

11. steelwil27
    steelwil27 Guest
    I've removed all accounts from this xbox for troubleshooting a few different times. Whenever I add them back they automatically set the console as the HOME xbox. I just changed it for the other user but so far I don't see any difference. I'll try another
    restart later.

steelwil27, Jan 31, 2016
  12. he needs to log in and tell it it isn't his home xbox , then you (with the gold) need to tell it it is your home xbox...

13. 12M Live Gold Account won't share with other console users

As Bimnog is saying, the account that the Gold was purchased on is the only one that needs to set the Xbox as home. When you buy Gold on a different account, it doesn't automatically switch the home settings.

HomegrownSilky, Oct 31, 2018
  14. RobertBuckalew Win User

he needs to log in and tell it it isn't his home xbox , then you (with the gold) need to tell it it is your home xbox...
  15. jaerowinaus Win User

@sam Bradford that sounds a bit extreme ! since restoring to factory defaults doesn't change the serial number and interal hardware info that is associated with the home gold sharing, thus rendering that step for lack of a better way of saying this useless

@steelwil27 after reviewing what you've said I've been there myself and don't stress there is a fix to this, is how home gold sharing works is that its essentially

found under this url
    www.xbox.com/.../Usage-Rules

and this is how you enable it
    How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Can I change my Home console to a different console?

You can change which console is your Home console up to 3 times during a one year period (365 days). When you change Home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new Home console and will no longer be available on
    your old “Home” console.

so with that being said normal troubleshooting wont fix the issue, you literally have to ask the agent to reset your home xbox counter and keep in mind there is a limit to how many times you can do this per year. Once you get it reset you will want to
    restart your xbox console and dumb the system cache by going to power and start up in your settings and going to turnoff and restart and choose the restart now option.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

let me know how that turns out for you :D
  16. {Parity} Win User

Try reversing the "home" console settings on each of the consoles.
  17. RobertBuckalew Win User

nobody should be making it "their" home console , if you have the gold then you make it YOUR home console , anybody that signs in on your "home" console will have gold ...ANY console you sign in on will have your gold follow you...if your telling somebody
    that dosent have gold to sign in on yours and make it theirs , then that is an issue ...
  18. steelwil27 Win User

I appreciate the help but unfortunately the problem still exists. I had the counter reset, restarted the system, and still no other gamer that logs onto my xbox and makes it their home console can utilize my gold subscription benefits. I'm really at a
    lost as to what's going on.
Thema:

1. 12M Live Gold Account won't share with other console users - Similar Threads - 12M Live Gold

2. Free Rainbow Six Siege with Xbox live 12M purchase but no code for RB6

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free Rainbow Six Siege with Xbox live 12M purchase but no code for RB6: I recently renewed my Xbox live membership when I saw that I could get Rainbow Six Siege free with it. It's been a few weeks now, and I haven't received my code yet. I was wondering when I will...
  3. XBOX LIVE 12M GOLD CODE ISN'T BEING ACCEPTED

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX LIVE 12M GOLD CODE ISN'T BEING ACCEPTED: When I've entered the 25 digit code, it came up with an error message: XBOS-3013 e1cd6b67-dfbf-46a5-9e63-2b46bc02d914 2017/05/30 - 16:02:04 UTC However this is not recognised on your support...
  4. Can not redeem code for xbox live (12m) Code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can not redeem code for xbox live (12m) Code: Can not redeem code for xbox live (12m) Code is ok, but an unspecified error after inserting to a form. Neither from XBOX One nor from PC. I can send you screenshots of a process. Please help me....
  5. I own Xbox Gold Live 12M but I can't play any game online NEED XBOX SUPPORT!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own Xbox Gold Live 12M but I can't play any game online NEED XBOX SUPPORT!: Hello, Xbox staff I need your support to solve this problem I have encountered, I bought an Xbox gold live membership for 12 months on 04/02/2017 everything was working just fine but...
  6. 12M Xbox Live Code can't be used

in XBoX on Consoles
    12M Xbox Live Code can't be used: i got the code in bout December or November, and still can't use it... it always recognize that code, but after clicking to redeem the code, it says, "something went wrong" - try it later again......
  7. Xbox Code for 12M Xbox Live is not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Code for 12M Xbox Live is not Working: Instead of unlocking the 12 Month, it shows only these Error Message. XBOS-5002 508f7c58-5436-48ff-ae19-933f408bb04f 2017/02/05 - 13:48:42 UTC Thanks for Helping...
  8. my xbox live gold 12m code is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox live gold 12m code is not working: my xbox live gold 12m code is not working it just keep saying (this code is not yet active. contact the merchant to active ate this code) its told BS i got it of a friend unused for a Christmas...
  9. Purchased XBox Live Gold Renewal 12m subscription and not recognizing 'party' or ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased XBox Live Gold Renewal 12m subscription and not recognizing 'party' or ...: Unsure as to why XBOX 360 validated the 12m subscription but will not recognize 'party' or joinable games. Any suggestions? Son already has gamer name from previous year, and it shows Xbox Live...
  10. Current XBox Live Gold 12M membership in good standing, website access doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Current XBox Live Gold 12M membership in good standing, website access doesn't work.: I am currently able to download the free "GAMES WITH GOLD" stuff (excluding the 360 games for some reason) from the console. However when I log into the website, no matter what when I go to the...