120Hz screen flickering on Xbox Series X (144hz LG monitor)

Discus and support 120Hz screen flickering on Xbox Series X (144hz LG monitor) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Can someone help me please? I have a 144Hz Gaming monitor (model: LG34GN73A) that supports perfectly 144Hz. I bought an Xbox Series X, and if I go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nele Simoens, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Nele Simoens
    Nele Simoens Guest

Hi,

Can someone help me please? I have a 144Hz Gaming monitor (model: LG34GN73A) that supports perfectly 144Hz. I bought an Xbox Series X, and if I go to settings on the Xbox Series X and click on "120Hz", the screen starts to flicker heavly. And after that, I can't do anything.

I really want to game on 120Hz.

Thank you!

:)

Nele Simoens, Dec 27, 2022
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

4k monitor or a 4k TV budget friendly thank you

If it's only just for use with the Series X, I would opt for a TV, A 4K true 120Hz TV...

This would be the 4K TV, I would personally go for at a minimum, If pairing with the Xbox Series X...

Amazon.co.uk - LG C1 - 4K - 120Hz TV - There is the newer LG C2 model but it would cost more.

With a 4K monitor, you'd really need to get one that has HDMI 2.1 ports for it to work flawlessly with the Series X, Though that would mean it'll be a 4K 144Hz monitor,

With the Xbox Series X only being able to output a maximum of 120Hz, A 144Hz monitor can be a bit of a waste due to not using the monitor full potential, unless it also being used with a high end 4K high refresh rate gaming PC, never the less it will still give you 4K at 120Hz...

This would be the 4K monitor, I would personally go for at a minimum, If pairing with the Xbox Series X...

Amazon.co.uk - Gigabyte M32U - 4K - 144Hz Monitor

I personally use a LG 27GP950 4K 144Hz monitor with the Series X, But i also use it with my high refresh rate 4K gaming PC.

Not knowing your budget, The TV and Monitor i linked, I wouldn't go for anything less personally, without compromising the gaming experience too much.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Choosing my frame rate on settings

Could anyone with a new gen console, a 120Hz and a HDR10 screen device run a test in their on console to make sure the console can operate in 120Hz with HDR10 feature on and automatically detecting the type of screen?
    My monitor works fine with both 120Hz and HDR,

I think some monitors, will only do one or the other, 60hz with HDR or 120hz without HDR, every monitor is different and you have to look around and do some research to know your getting the right monitor that's going to work with what your wanting it to do,

I'm using the LG 27GP950 a 4K 144Hz which can be overclocked to 160Hz and has HDR10 (HDR600), VRR, HDMI 2.1 and with the Series X also having HDMI 2.1 port, it all just works,

Some HDMI 2.0 monitors can have issues with Series X, but it depends on the monitor as each monitor is different from one another ( timings and features as such and so on ).
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Monitor for my Xbox one X

At this moment i think is better and wait a few more month to see the new gen hardware, because you can get 4k at 144hz at a good price.
    I agree, but...

You'll have to make sure that a 4K 144hz monitor has HDMI 2.1 or you will still be limited to 60hz with the Xbox Series X or PS5

But as of yet there is no 4K 144hz monitors with HDMI 2.1,

HDMI 2.0 can do 4K at only 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 4K at 120hz.

A lot of eye's are on this monitor... https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gn950-b-gaming-monitor, as it could be the first 4K 144hz monitor with HDMI
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X

The spec's of the LG 27GN950 monitor has been revealed and the monitor will only have HDMI 2.0, which now makes it useless for the Xbox Series X as it will only allow it to run the display at 4K 60Hz over HDMI 2.0, than the 4K 120Hz that can be done over
    HDMI 2.1.

I've now abandoned the LG monitor for not having HDMI 2.1, and I'm now looking towards getting the EVE monitor.

The EVE SPECTRUM is now the only choice at the moment as a 4K 144hz monitor with HDMI 2.1 and it will be perfect for the Series X to get 4K at 120Hz.
    None of that makes a much of a difference as you WON'T be playing any AAA games at 4K at 120 FPS. A 4K 120Hz display won't make a blind bit of difference if a game is locked at 60 fps. And many of the launch games will still be 30 fps games.
  6. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
Thema:

1. 120Hz screen flickering on Xbox Series X (144hz LG monitor) - Similar Threads - 120Hz screen flickering

2. When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...: My screen says in description that it can run 1440p at 120fps for console gaming(AOC 1440p 155hz adaptive sync) but when i try to set my resolution to 1440p it wont let me use 120hz only 60hz and...
  3. Why does my screen go black after switching from 60Hz to 120Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen go black after switching from 60Hz to 120Hz: My screen turns black when I switch from 60Hz to 120Hz. My xbox is xbox series S. I am using a 24’ koorui 165Hz monitor. I am also using the high speed HDMI that came with my console. This issue...
  4. Xbox Series X HDMI not supporting 120hz, flashing screen and red lines.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDMI not supporting 120hz, flashing screen and red lines.: Alright… I really need some help. I have an XSX, I purchased it on release day and have had it ever since. Obviously with it being that old, my warranty has expired (go figure). I’ve never had...
  5. Screen turns black after turning on 120hz ( Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Windows
    Screen turns black after turning on 120hz ( Xbox Series S: I have an 144hz monitor it normaly worked but now when I turn on my xbox it shows a black screen 3fc3c52c-1133-4c52-aff0-59cf8d143478
  6. Black screen after manual override of 120HZ

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen after manual override of 120HZ: Hi, Just recently bought the series s and Alienware AW2518H, monitor is 240HZ compatible but neither shows up on my xbox. I have manually over ridden the HDMI, and turned on 120hz but the screen...
  7. Black Screen after turning on 120hz on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Black Screen after turning on 120hz on Series X: I have an xbox series x and a 165hz sceptre curved monitor and when i attempt to turn on 120hz on my xbox the screen goes black then after about 20-30 seconds it goes back to normal at 60hz.. ive...
  8. LG C1 XSX 4k 120hz Dolby vision no longer showing in tv details screen.

in XboX Insiders
    LG C1 XSX 4k 120hz Dolby vision no longer showing in tv details screen.: Earlier this year there was a toggle check mark box that was presented In the t.v details screen and it no Longer is there. I was looking into the new LG C1 update today and found this issue and...
  9. I turned my Xbox series to 120Hz now my screen is showing anything up and I can’t see it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I turned my Xbox series to 120Hz now my screen is showing anything up and I can’t see it...: I turned my Xbox series to 120Hz now my screen is showing anything up and I can’t see it to change it back to 60 hz how do I fix this 63fa2cb1-c3f5-4ce4-8227-05b0cae88f5c
  10. I changed the Refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz and now my xbox has a black screen no matter...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed the Refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz and now my xbox has a black screen no matter...: So I was trying to fix my aspect ratio because my TV doesnt have the feature to do it so I was messing with my xbox trying to see if there was and in the process I decided that whats the harm in...