120hz mode stuck at n 60hz monitor

Discus and support 120hz mode stuck at n 60hz monitor in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I switched my 120hz monitor for 60hz monitor now it says unsupported refresh rate I tried to put it in safe mode and it still displays unsupported... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by yftg6yktyugftkfg, Apr 10, 2022.

1. 120hz mode stuck at n 60hz monitor

I switched my 120hz monitor for 60hz monitor now it says unsupported refresh rate I tried to put it in safe mode and it still displays unsupported refresh rate.

:)

yftg6yktyugftkfg, Apr 10, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Please provide us the make and model of your monitor
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Does the console says unsupported or the display says it?
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Xiaomi Monitor 27 Inc 2k 165 Hz Not Support Xbox Series x for 2k 120Hz

I can't find an in-depth specifications list for that monitor but I suspect either of the following may be the cause:

- The monitor's native refresh rate is 60Hz and the monitor then uses the Adaptive Sync to get the 165Hz. Xboxes can't utilise that so is retricted to 60Hz

- It has a 120Hz setting but it's not exactly 120Hz which the Xbox needs. Some monitors will be listed as having a 120Hz mode but it is actually 119Hz

It could of course be another reason but those 2 are the reasons monitors usually won't display 1440p 120Hz
  5. IceStorm III Win User

xbox and 120hz vga monitor?

You won't get 120hz, but the monitor should support 60hz.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

My xbox series X does not detect my alienware AW2518H monitor correctly

Its the monitor, Nvidia G-Sync monitor's don't play well with Games consoles, pretty much all Nvidia G-Sync monitor's will not go beyond 60hz refresh rate when connected to consoles, it doesn't matter if it's a 120hz / 144hz / 160hz / 240hz / 360hz, you'll be stuck at 60hz

Freesync or Adaptive Sync monitor's are best for consoles to get 120hz,

if your only using a monitor for just console gaming only - Freesync monitor's,

if like me and gaming using PC and console on the same monitor - Adaptive Sync monitor's, ( Freesync and G-sync )

if your only using a monitor for just PC gaming only - Nvidia G-sync monitor's for Nvidia GPU's / Freesync monitor's for AMD GPU's.
Thema:

1. 120hz mode stuck at n 60hz monitor - Similar Threads - 120hz mode stuck

2. Will the Acer Nitro XZ273U X3 do 1440p at 120hz on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Acer Nitro XZ273U X3 do 1440p at 120hz on xbox: I found a used 240hz 1440p monitor and im just wondering if itll work before i buy it, i know theres a thing where it doesnt work if its 119.88 hz but theres no way of telling an i cant check...
  3. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  4. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz: I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz alot of people are saying its because its actually 119.88 or whatever but my monitor works when its 1080p 120hz so i dont get how...
  5. Does anyone else have issues with audio cutouts in 120hz mode when using arc to transmit...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else have issues with audio cutouts in 120hz mode when using arc to transmit...: This has been an issue for me for a while now but I mostly play in 60hz anyways so it's not a big deal. When I play fps games I move to 120hz only when I'm playing with friends as that way I can...
  6. VRR+120Hz mode makes controller unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    VRR+120Hz mode makes controller unresponsive: In some games (COD Vanguard, Gears 5, Plague Tale), when I have 120 fps and VRR mode enabled, the controller always becomes unresponsive at some point. In Vanguard and Gears 5 it happens after...
  7. 120hz mode, not compatible with some apps

in XboX Insiders
    120hz mode, not compatible with some apps: Can we have the 120hz setting on a per app/game level as some apps like YouTube don't play nicely in 120hz mode (Audio sync issue) submitted by /u/Annie-UK [link] [comments]
  8. Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!: I reported this issue to LG and Xbox 6 months ago a few weeks after I received my Xbox Series X at launch. Initially things were fine, but a few weeks after launch after an Xbox Alpha Insider...
  9. 144hz Monitor doesn't Support 120hz mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    144hz Monitor doesn't Support 120hz mode: I have a 144hz monitor that I use a lot for my pc gaming. Fast forward to today, my Xbox series s arrives in the mail. I at first set it up on my TV and think to myself, "why not try it with my...
  10. Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it?

in XboX Insiders
    Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it?: I understand 120fps is kind of a pipe dream but why can’t we unlock the FPS of some games and take advantage of this mode?? They release this for nothing or what? Not even a first party game like...