120 hz refresh rate

Discus and support 120 hz refresh rate in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The other day I was testing the 120 hz refresh rate setting at 1080p but when I switched back to 4k to see if I felt a difference, it wasn't letting me... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HortyMichael, May 22, 2018.

1. HortyMichael
    HortyMichael Guest

120 hz refresh rate

The other day I was testing the 120 hz refresh rate setting at 1080p but when I switched back to 4k to see if I felt a difference, it wasn't letting me go back to 120hz does anyone know why?

:)

HortyMichael, May 22, 2018
  2. xbox one x support 240hz refresh rate?

As far as I'm aware, the Xbox One X only supports refresh rates up to 120 Hz as of the May OS update, assuming the television/monitor is capable of achieving such a rate. However, in practice, very few (if any) games currently out attempt to push the frame
    rate past 60 fps which would reduce the benefit of the support.

Link to Forbes article: Here's What You Need To Know About Xbox One's Support For 120 Hz Refresh Rates

Feel free to correct me if I missed anything.

TrendingToaster, May 22, 2018
  3. Question about refresh levels

if the frequency is 50 Hz, the refresh rate you need to use is 50 Hz.

if you use 60 Hz it will not make any real differences but the correct refresh rate to use is 50 Hz.

Astrononiminov, May 22, 2018
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k

whenever you see a refresh rate that is not a multiple of 60, this is a refresh rate that is likely fake and designed to be used with a computer.l

Most monitors use the cheapest possible software and electronics, relying on the computer to fill the gaps. your monitor is not capable of 4K 120 Hz, only 60

If you didn't pay at least $500 for your display, chances are it can't actually do 120 Hz.
  5. JustinAlex1 Win User

120 fps not on series s

6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Black screen after manual override of 120HZ

Hi LIAMSHARMAN! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you have an Xbox Series S console, or if your TV doesn’t support HDMI 2.1, you can still enable 120 Hz gaming at a lower resolution. To do this, set your Refresh rate on the TV & display options screen to 120 Hz. If your resolution was previously set to 4K, the console will automatically adjust the resolution to support the 120 Hz refresh rate. Otherwise, select a resolution from the available options.

If you own an Xbox Series S and wish to game in 4K@120Hz, you’ll need to acquire a certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cable.
  7. TrendingToaster Win User

xbox one x support 240hz refresh rate?

As far as I'm aware, the Xbox One X only supports refresh rates up to 120 Hz as of the May OS update, assuming the television/monitor is capable of achieving such a rate. However, in practice, very few (if any) games currently out attempt to push the frame
    rate past 60 fps which would reduce the benefit of the support.

Link to Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2018/05/15/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-ones-support-for-120-hz-refresh-rates/#352e14fb620f

Feel free to correct me if I missed anything.
  8. Astrononiminov Win User

Question about refresh levels

if the frequency is 50 Hz, the refresh rate you need to use is 50 Hz.

if you use 60 Hz it will not make any real differences but the correct refresh rate to use is 50 Hz.
Thema:

120 hz refresh rate

1. 120 hz refresh rate - Similar Threads - 120 refresh rate

2. so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?: [img] entire bottom, how to fix? d8690fb6-60d1-42cf-a0bb-67e9ab1e0a35
  3. I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...: please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it and i cant reset my monitor without the...
  4. Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s?: Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s Hello, I connected msi gaming monitor 165 hz and 1080p I put on xbox series S 120 hz and 1080p but in world of...
  5. Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.: Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. It is 120 fps compatible but only on 1080p, and 1440 compatible but only on 60 fps....
  6. Help i can't play 120 fps even if I set the screen refresh rate to 120 hertz

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help i can't play 120 fps even if I set the screen refresh rate to 120 hertz: So i just bought a 240 hertz monitor that supports 1.4 and 2.0 but when i set my screen refresh rate to 120 hertz nothing changes i mean i can change my hertz to 120 but i cant boost my fps please...
  7. Screen goes black when changing monitor refresh rate from 120 hz to 144 hz.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen goes black when changing monitor refresh rate from 120 hz to 144 hz.: So i have a MSI Optix G271 and whenever i change my refresh rate from 120 to 144 my monitor shows a bit of life on the top but the bottom half of my monitor is black. This issue randomly started...
  8. Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time: As the title says, I've been trying to fix this problem off and on for months since I bought my new TV. I've even contacted Xbox support on multiple occasions, for hours at a time, only to be hung...
  9. My series X doesn’t have refresh rate option so I can’t get 120 hz rn with this monitor

in XboX Insiders
    My series X doesn’t have refresh rate option so I can’t get 120 hz rn with this monitor: submitted by /u/sammyboi179 [link] [comments]
  10. Red Pixels on Xbox 1 S when switching to a 120 refresh rate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red Pixels on Xbox 1 S when switching to a 120 refresh rate: Hey, so my issue is, i have a monior and the res is 1080p and running it in my console at a (60) refresh rate works fine, but when i try to switch it to 120 Refresh rate it works for the most part...