1080i support problem/big tile blank snap feature

Discus and support 1080i support problem/big tile blank snap feature in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ok so my xbox one has been working fine just with a few minor bugs just like everyone else. but I found a problem I have yet to find on the internet.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lxOLLYxl, Dec 22, 2014.

1. lxOLLYxl
    lxOLLYxl Guest

ok so my xbox one has been working fine just with a few minor bugs just like everyone else. but I found a problem I have yet to find on the internet. for one my xbox one display settings is set to 640x480 cuz my tv is of course 1080i (lucky me) and my tv
    does not support 720p (lucky me again).

PROBLEM 1: while playing a game I hit the home button on my controller and it goes home but where my game is suppose to be in the big application tile its a black screen there. all my other tiles are completely fine. I was thinking the problem was from not
    having the hd settings in 1080p or 720p. also I can resume the game just fine and hear volume when I highlight over the big application tile.

PROBLEM 2: so while play a game I say "xbox snap party" the big screen on the left goes black and the snap feature pops up on the right. this only happens for nba 2k14 and fifa 14. this does not happen for COD which I did my research and found out COD IS
    NOT IN 1080P ON THE XBOX ONE.

Im really hoping these problems are only from my tv being 1080i and running my xbox one in 640x480.

PLEASE HELP ME! lol Thanks in advance if I don't get around to it in the future.

:)

lxOLLYxl, Dec 22, 2014
  2. Big application tile blank screen/snap feature blank screen

I have this exact same problem

doctaFEELGUD91F, Dec 22, 2014
  3. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Big application tile blank screen/snap feature blank screen

Hey there doctaFEELGUD91F,

This thread is fairly old and the OP hasn't posted back in a while, so I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you've already tried. That way we can cater our support specifically to you. thanks!

Miss Diggz, Dec 22, 2014
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

Is there any way you can take your console to a friends or family members house to try it on their TV?

I've never heard of this before but then again I suppose TV's that are 1080i only are rare.

You could also try rebooting the console. Hold the power button for about 5 seconds until console shuts down. Wait for light on power brick to turn orange then switch back on.

Malacath, Dec 22, 2014
  5. Malacath Win User

Is there any way you can take your console to a friends or family members house to try it on their TV?

I've never heard of this before but then again I suppose TV's that are 1080i only are rare.

You could also try rebooting the console. Hold the power button for about 5 seconds until console shuts down. Wait for light on power brick to turn orange then switch back on.
  6. doctaFEELGUD91F Win User

I have this exact same problem
  7. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there doctaFEELGUD91F,

This thread is fairly old and the OP hasn't posted back in a while, so I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you've already tried. That way we can cater our support specifically to you. thanks!
  8. Sticky PoopV5 Win User

I have this exact same problem. My TV supports 1080i but not p, so I have to run the absolute lowest resolution on my awesome TV (good going Microsoft, by the way you NEED to release an update that fixes that. PS4 can, why can't you?). But I also cannot
    snap ANY application while playing any game. The game screen goes black but I can still hear the audio. This makes it so I can't record anything with the game dvr as well. I have tried unplugging the console, giving it a cold shut down,... Please fix this.
  9. phugor Win User

xbox changes directv resolution and enlarges picture on screen.

@XB1R Hermes

So why doesn't the Xbox One support 1080i? It seems to be causing all kinds of problems with STBs. Microsoft should've known that pretty much all STBs output 1080i as the default and most TV stations broadcast in 1080i. They heavily promoted the HDMI-in
    and TV app that works with STBs before the release of the Xbox One. So 1080i should've been supported on day one, but it wasn't and now Microsoft appears to be doing absolutely nothing to fix it.

If you look on the Xbox feedback site 1080i support is one of the top requests. Adding 1080i support would not only fix the STB problem, but it would fix a lot of other problems. Like those with HDTVs that can only display 1080i or 480p that are forced
    to have the Xbox One display in a letterboxed, standard definition 640x480. The Xbox One doesn't even function properly in 640x480. The screen goes black when snapping apps and the big app tile is always black.

When I purchased the Xbox One I expected it to display in widescreen HD and for its main features like snapping apps to function properly, but it hasn't and its been almost 9 months and these things haven't been fixed yet.

So it seems like you're saying that the Xbox One not supporting 1080i is the problem, but its not going to be fixed, XB1R Hermes. If this is the case, then can you tell those of us that want a refund, but can't return it to the retailer (because Microsoft
    waited until the retail return period expired to tell us that 1080i would not be supported) how we can get a refund from Microsoft?
Thema:

1. 1080i support problem/big tile blank snap feature - Similar Threads - 1080i support problem

2. Xbox Series X 1080i resolution support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 1080i resolution support?: I recently purchased an xbox series x and was disappointed to find out that the console does not seem to support 1080i, as someone that only has a TV that goes up to 1080i, I'd love to know if...
  3. playstation 5 outputs 1080i, so why wont the xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    playstation 5 outputs 1080i, so why wont the xbox?: Do you know how many old tv's are still floating around? millions and millions of them. I'm talking about the sony kv34xbr 910s out there, the toshiba 36J9UA, and many more. Their native...
  4. Does the Xbox Series X/S support 1080i?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series X/S support 1080i?: I was wondering if the new consoles will finally be able to run 1080i. c4590e56-7ad5-415a-b8a6-cd4c81b0e25e
  5. Xbox Series X crashing when watching 1080i/50 discs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X crashing when watching 1080i/50 discs: Is anyone having issues watching certain Blu-ray discs on the Series X? I'm in the UK, three different 1080i/50 Blu-rays have played for a few seconds, then frozen. The console then shuts down. I...
  6. No compatible 1080i con xbox one?!! Estafadores [Translation- Non-1080i compatible with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No compatible 1080i con xbox one?!! Estafadores [Translation- Non-1080i compatible with...: ¿Qué pasa con xbox? No es compatible con la xbox one con 1080i es un idiota, gilipollas !!!, no puedo jugar con mi televisor, exijo una actualización o demanda, en las especificaciones de xbox...
  7. Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection?: Hello everyone :) I've never owned a 1080i TV before and I'm hoping that someone who has / or still owns a 1080i TV responds to this inquiry. If you respond to this, thank you very much for...
  8. ¡¡AYUDA EN ESPAÑOL!! Cambiar resolución de Xbox One, no tengo 1080p, sólo 1080i y 720p, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ¡¡AYUDA EN ESPAÑOL!! Cambiar resolución de Xbox One, no tengo 1080p, sólo 1080i y 720p, ...: Hola, tengo un grave problema, acabo de comprar un Xbox One a una persona, pero al llegar a mi casa me topé con la sorpresa de que mi TV tiene resolución 1080i y NO SABÍA que Xbox One no la...
  9. How can I make my 1080i CRT HDMI 4:3 TV "Fit" better on screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I make my 1080i CRT HDMI 4:3 TV "Fit" better on screen?: Hello, I have a old HDMI CRT TV that works well on the xbox one, but I can't get the resolution past 480p or the 4:3 problem (can't see certian things on screen) can you please help me microsoft?...
  10. No 1080i option!!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No 1080i option!!?: My Panasonic plasma has 1080i and 720p but 1080i LOOKS BETTER!. Also, my Xbox 360 looks better in 1080i than My Xbox one in 720p. Guess I will have to return my xbox one and get a PS4 since it...