100gb Blu rays disc not reading.

Discus and support 100gb Blu rays disc not reading. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Dose anybody know if they will ever fix 100 gb Blu ray disc not reading. When I put the disc in it sounds like trying to start up a car. submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/08spurlingD, Oct 30, 2023.

1. 100gb Blu rays disc not reading.

Dose anybody know if they will ever fix 100 gb Blu ray disc not reading. When I put the disc in it sounds like trying to start up a car.

submitted by /u/08spurlingD
    [link] [comments]

/u/08spurlingD, Oct 30, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox cdrom or whatever people call it

Its a dvd
    Nope, not quite right.

Original Xbox - DVD

Xbox 360 - DVD (or more specifically, DVD-9).

Xbox One - Blu-ray

Xbox One S and X - UHD Blu-ray drive, but games still on standard Blu-ray.

Scarlet will have a UHD BD drive so that can still play all formats of movie discs. Likely that games will be on 100GB discs.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

Hi,

Sounds like the laser in your console's Blu-ray drive has a hardware issue.

To test if your Xbox One X has issues reading discs, try playing a DVD movie disc. If can't read DVD movie discs either then your console has a hardware fault.

Note: It must be a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray movie disc.

There are two lasers in the Blu-ray drive, one for reading Blu-ray discs and one for DVD discs. Xbox One games use Blu-ray and the 360 console used a DVD drive.
  4. eviltedi Win User

Faulty disc drive. I'm not amused

Is the disc a blu ray ? I read you need to install a blu ray app from the online store.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X only reads XB1 game dvds

Hi,

The optical drive in the Xbox One is a Blu-ray drive. Xbox One discs are on Blu-ray disc, same as HD Blu-ray movies. Xbox 360 games came on DVD disc.

Oversimplifying my explanation a little, the Xbox One has separate lasers for reading DVD discs than it does for reading Xbox One blu-ray discs.

The laser that is used to read DVD's has failed. This isn't a software issue, it's a hardware one. Unfortunately you can't fix this yourself, you'll need your console repaired. Sorry.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox 1 games won’t work on my Series X

The drive contains separate lasers for the DVD and Blu-ray disc reading. Xbox one titles are on Blu-ray, while the others are on DVD. Please try a Blu-ray movie in the drive and see if it works
Thema:

100gb Blu rays disc not reading.

1. 100gb Blu rays disc not reading. - Similar Threads - 100gb Blu rays

2. Blu-Ray won't install on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray won't install on Series X: Previously had Blu-Ray Player on my Xbox Series X, and it worked fine, until today, when it suddenly decided it needed to be connected to Wi-Fi to work, no problem, connected it to Wi-Fi, then...
  3. Missing Storage on my Series S / Over 100GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Storage on my Series S / Over 100GB: I have a series s console with 364GB Storage and I believe I'm missing a huge chunk. I have 6 games installed on it, my internal storage 120GB, 60GB, 37GB, 35GB, 3GB, 2GB My internal storage...
  4. XBOX windows app downloads game months after subscription is cancelled, hogging up 100GB of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX windows app downloads game months after subscription is cancelled, hogging up 100GB of...: So i decided to try HALO MC with XBOX pass a while ago, and i couldn't download it because of low SSD available space. I cancelled the download and went on with my life. Later, through the...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 will not resume download, and is taking up over 100GB space.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 will not resume download, and is taking up over 100GB space.: As above. Its very frustrating. I don't know how to delete and cancelling download does nothing. Please help 5419081d-86bf-4a13-999e-24465ae0279b
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 100GB Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 100GB Update: I haven't played MSFS in a month and I randomly wanted to play it. When I got on I saw that the new patch (1.21.18.0) had 100GB. This isn't something new for me, every time I get on MSFS I get a...
  7. Xbox App Creating 100GB Temp File Apon Connecting to Internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Creating 100GB Temp File Apon Connecting to Internet: I tried installing Forza Horizon 5, but the download randomly stopped. I realized the space was still being taken up, so I went looking for where the file was, I found it and deleted it, but every...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 download stuck, 100GB taken off my HDD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 download stuck, 100GB taken off my HDD: I have game pass on PC, I tried installing Forza Horizon 5 and everything was going well, up until I needed to restart my computer, the download progress was lost, I tried to resume it, but...
  9. I have Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update - can I download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update - can I download...: I bought Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update?? I can only play offline because of the cost ad bandwidth on Hughes Sat Internet Can I download the initial update...
  10. Massive size for game uodates like forza7 almost 100GB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Massive size for game uodates like forza7 almost 100GB: Why are you making game updates that are the whole game???? I have weak internet connection, I got Xbox one X and wanted to play games in amazing 4K but instead I had to wait 2 days to download...